Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    That’s Netflix raising prices again, straight after Disney. We seem to be at the price-gouging stage of the business cycle. I reckon once these services start to cost as much as Sky, people will start to pick and choose which they keep on instead of having ’em all at once.

This is true, except you can probably cover at least two households, maybe three with both platforms. Amazon is a bit trickier as they get access to your prime account too, but I have four family members on my Netflix and my Daughter on my Disney+. Still better value than Sky.

Even though I nick my sisters Sky Go, they hobble the digitally service, with only stereo sound and definitely no 4K.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Wife: "God! Why do you love all this depressing shit"
    I have heard this before

tenor.gif
  • Anyone who watched the Adam Curtis documentary - in one of the middle episodes - the lordly ones - there was a bit about the composer Rutland Boughton of the Opera called The Immortal Hour (the Lordly Ones song comes from that).

What were people’s imaginations about Rutland Boughton if they had no idea about him before the show?
    Spoiler:
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    I've been watching Boys from the Black Stuff. Brilliantly written. It avoids being super depressing by being quite witty and theatrical.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I got into trouble at school when that was originally aired, as the teacher overheard me asking the kid beside me if he had seen the tits in the previous night's episode.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I've been watching Boys from the Black Stuff. Brilliantly written. It avoids being super depressing by being quite witty and theatrical.

The last episode would like a word.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    SPOILERS!

Kow wrote:
    I got into trouble at school when that was originally aired, as the teacher overheard me asking the kid beside me if he had seen the tits in the previous night's episode.
    I'm sure you could see muff in a poster on the wall at one point.
  • Perry mason remake was pretty great all round.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I only got a couple of episodes into that and then forgot about it. Wonder if it’s still up on Sky Go …
  • I yarred it. I swear a few of you in the uk need to get together with a plex account. 

Would only take one person with a good connection and a laptop/external drive and you could basically have a badger server with all the awkward stuff. (I share my plex with 4 folks who are in Melbourne (and one in ireland, which is too far) and they all get full HD if I've DLed 1080p rips.)
  • Fraiser is returning to tv with a followup series. As much as id like to know what fraiser and niles etc are up to, i think its gonna disappoint. Fraiser was a excellent show. It a high bar to live up to.
  • Isn't the old guy in it dead now anyway? What's the point?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Fraiser is returning to tv with a followup series. As much as id like to know what fraiser and niles etc are up to, i think its gonna disappoint. Fraiser was a excellent show. It a high bar to live up to.

None of the original cast other than Kelsey Grammar are currently confirmed either, so you'll get plenty of Frasier, but possibly not a lot of Niles.
  • Facewon wrote:
    I yarred it. I swear a few of you in the uk need to get together with a plex account.  Would only take one person with a good connection and a laptop/external drive and you could basically have a badger server with all the awkward stuff. (I share my plex with 4 folks who are in Melbourne (and one in ireland, which is too far) and they all get full HD if I've DLed 1080p rips.)

They'd need to have a really good connection though. I shared some files from my NAS with a friend, they started downloading in the evening and totally crippled our netflix watching.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • We're around 90-100 down and 35 up. I've had 3 of us online streaming with someone watching plex elsewhere and it's been fine.

(pretty sure there's a free trial and you can go by the month for like aus$6 and cancel any time to test. It has a pretty great interface and you can literally watch a line graph of how much its using. (it really doesn't scratch 30 up.))
  • At 1080p? 35mbps equates to about 4MB/s right? Seems pretty low to stream decent quality, or does plex allow for some buffering?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Defo buffers. My mate whos an hour away and on lower speed than me watched succession and said it streamed better than his foxtel. Lol.
  • i get 900 up and down now
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Fraiser is returning to tv with a followup series. As much as id like to know what fraiser and niles etc are up to, i think its gonna disappoint. Fraiser was a excellent show. It a high bar to live up to.

None of the original cast other than Kelsey Grammar are currently confirmed either, so you'll get plenty of Frasier, but possibly not a lot of Niles.

There's also the possibility that this will be a complete ego trip for avowed right winger Grammar and an attempt to 'own the libs' in the style of Tim Allen - although unless Frasier has had some kind of head injury in the intervening years it's unlikely. Although stranger things have happened.

Either way, it can only end badly.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • mk64 wrote:
    i get 900 up and down now

I think Mk just volunteered to be the server.
  • And down.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Tata-ta Tata tata-ta,

Choon
  • Gremill wrote:
    tin_robot wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    There's also the possibility that this will be a complete ego trip for avowed right winger Grammar and an attempt to 'own the libs' in the style of Tim Allen - although unless Frasier has had some kind of head injury in the intervening years it's unlikely. Although stranger things have happened. Either way, it can only end badly.
    I'd have assumed a Cheers spin off wouldn't work, these things tended not to, so I will keep a tiny bit of an open mind. 

This does feel like they only have one member of what was actually an ensemble though. Sitcoms have changed dramatically as well, the multicam style helped the farce a lot and I doubt that's what anyone would do these days.
  • 900 up???

yeah i'm with community fibre
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Stanley Tucci, Searching for Italy.
  • Is he Flower's dad?
  • Facewon wrote:
    We're around 90-100 down and 35 up. I've had 3 of us online streaming with someone watching plex elsewhere and it's been fine.

(pretty sure there's a free trial and you can go by the month for like aus$6 and cancel any time to test. It has a pretty great interface and you can literally watch a line graph of how much its using. (it really doesn't scratch 30 up.))

Recently discovered the joy of Plex, really handy. Need to pay to share server but it's a 4 quid monthly sub or a lifetime one off payment of 95 I think.
  • Behind Her Eyes. Super shit with super shit, fake Scottish accents.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!