Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    That's one of the worst plotlines, it was so lazily telegraphed I couldn't believe they actually went through with it. I do think they rescue her character somewhat in season 3 FWIW.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Goldblum is Zeus, don't need to see anything else, I'm in.

• Watching Twin Peaks for the first time. Only four episodes in and I’m enjoying it, but it definitely feels dated now.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Watching Twin Peaks for the first time. Only four episodes in and I’m enjoying it, but it definitely feels dated now.
    How’s the coffee?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Damn fine of course.
  • I started on For All Mankind, but it wasn't really pulling me in and then after reading all your comments, I'm out. 2 episodes I watched.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Skondo wrote:
    Watching Twin Peaks for the first time. Only four episodes in and I’m enjoying it, but it definitely feels dated now.
    Interesting, please keep us updated with your thoughts.  So much it did for the first time is now commonplace.
    Watched the first two seasons of sopranos recently and it just felt old
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @Matty

The first series is excellent, I definitely think you should finish it. I've only got two episodes of the second left so I'll do them then probably call it a day.

It's important to remember that Gremill was the one who recommended it, the shame needs to weigh him down for the rest of his life
  • Skondo wrote:
    Interesting, please keep us updated with your thoughts.  So much it did for the first time is now commonplace.
    Watched the first two seasons of sopranos recently and it just felt old

Watched a random episode recently (he’d given his wife a fur coat) and it was still
    Top tier
    The Forum Herald™
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    It's important to remember that Gremill was the one who recommended it, the shame needs to weigh him down for the rest of his life

Aye, the value of his recommendation has taken a hit lately. Got to be careful otherwise he’ll be firmly in the ‘everything is awesome’ zone soon.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's a bit of a slap in the face after I tipped him off about the absolute all timer that is Nightflyers too
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Took all the credit for that gem too.
  • Finished off watching season one of Three Body Problem and Benedict Wong can still do no wrong. It’s pretty bog-average sci-fi stuff but he acts everyone else off the screen without even trying.
  • I'm glad I gave Three Body Problem a chance. I wasn't feeling it with those initial opening episodes, but my god, episode 5 is a stunner.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Re 3 body problem, Got 10 mins in and I quite liked it (stunning opening scene) before my female companion gave it a hard veto.  The “scientists just hanging out and doing bants” was annoying but I was willing to roll with it, she was not.

• You need to stick to the three Fs
    The Forum Herald™
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I'm glad I gave Three Body Problem a chance. I wasn't feeling it with those initial opening episodes, but my god, episode 5 is a stunner.
    That moment was the high point of the series, I think. Beautifully realised. Brutally real.
  • Finished 3 Body Problem last night as well. A fun ride for the most part, and Benedict Wong easily the best of it, but I still think the other main characters it's all pegged onto drag the whole thing down. In amongst the slightly insane setting all of the personal drama just starts to feel like clutter. Definitely in for the second series, though I hope they do justice to the Wallfacer/Wallbreaker conflict at the heart of the second novel; wasn't overly encouraged by how it was introduced at the end of this one.
  • Spoiler:

It was daft.
  • 3 Body Problem - I watched it all within a week. That's as close as I ever get to binging. So it must have been doing something right. But it was trash. With the exception of Benedict Wong and Ser Davos Seaworth, the cast were poor. Nanofiber lady seems like she was transported from a 1990s US network tv mid-rated police procedural. The special effects were laughably bad sometimes. Disappointing because, of the three books, this should have been by far the easiest to adapt. 
    The main problem was it felt like they were rushing through it. A lot of the sci fi concepts needed more time in the oven. And re noface's spoiler
    Spoiler:
    I really don't know what I'd have thought about it if I'd come into it without the books. Probably not made it past episode 1.
  • I watched some of the ‘behind the episode’ chats and it feels like the showrunners are too enamoured with the books to be aware of how things come across to people who haven’t read them.
  • Another thing that got my goat
    Spoiler:
    The books aren't fantasticly written stories. But they're clever and they're rammed full of interesting ideas. This is dumb and silly but I'll still watch it all.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've been enjoying The Dry, on ITVx (the Irish one not the Ozzie one)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, it's good. Kind of Irish Fleabag, with some tough issues and good laughs. I hate the word dramedy but I guess that's what it is.
  • That sounds right up my street, will give it a watch cheers

• I’ve just finished season one of Twin Peaks. Really enjoying it and I’m hooked. I didn’t realise how darkly comic some of it was, that caught me by surprise. Leland Palmer jumping onto Laura’s coffin at the funeral for example or everyone doing the ‘hold your head’ dance at the hotel. It feels quite cinematic sometimes, rather than something made for tv, but having said that, some scenes, particularly when firearms are involved look like something from Dallas. The music is stunning and is clearly a key part of the show, but the main theme is overused.

Is there anyone in this show that doesn’t own a gun? Does everyone have secrets that they think nobody else knows about, but actually somebody does know and is going to use that against them?

Sometimes, to quote The League of Gentlemen, ‘too much acting’. It feels a little too dramatic and I genuinely wasn’t sure if it was the intention, the actors, or if there’s a sly wink and everyone involved knows it’s a bit much.

Audrey’s manipulation is funny, probably my second favourite character. Favourite is Agent Cooper who is magnificent. I don’t think I realised quite how much Deadly Premonition’s Francis Morgan was inspired by Cooper. Pretty much a carbon copy.

Onwards to season two.

*This is so old I didn’t worry about spoilers, but if I need to, let me know.
  • Season two may or may not turn out to be something of a slog for you (it's divisive), but there's still gold in them thar hills, and if you haven't seen season three, then you should at the very least think of S2 as prepping for the S3 pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • “Too much acting” is a fucking great quote.
    Also liked succession having Brian Cox review a play with “lots of people on stage pretending to be people”.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!