• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    a load of cameramen, accountants and other assorted losers on board.

What you saying about our G?
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Nobody watch Mutiny last night? Sorta like Bear Grylls meets Cast Away. Re-enacting the 4000 mile sea voyage of Captain Bligh, but with a load of cameramen, accountants and other assorted losers on board. It's got that 'man's man' in it, the one who did the SAS survival training TV show. Tit of the show was unfortunately the resident Scouser who insisted upon sulking when told to forage for firewood. Tonight's episode is back to ' killing wild animals to stay alive on a desert island', if that sort of thing floats yer boat.
    I liked it. It's on again tonight?
    Scouser was a complete prick on that island.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yeah, it was alright. I like SBS man Ant and the rest of them seem alright - with the exception of that Scouser. What a prick - "Adventurer is literally my job title". Is it fuck - you live on a fucking boat in a canal, that doesn't make you Ranulph Fiennes you absolute tit-rifle.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Hahahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • So re-re-booted top gear was a decent watch.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Facewon wrote:
    Just started Norwegian/French/Netflix co-production called Occupied. Well worth a gander. 2 eps in. Drama/political/futurism. Really well written so far, and has managed to nail a premise that could be easily ridiculous and ott.

Could still go tits up, but so far so good. Highly recommended.

4 eps in. Shark jumping not likely now. Getting great. Well worth a look.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Really looking forward to the return of this next week!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Looks like he's wearing a lot more eye liner than previously.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Really looking forward to the return of this next week!

Nice!

I imagine who ever said the Taboo finale was epic hasn't watched black sails.

Seriously over rated, monotonous show.

The Last Kingdom on the other hand looks great!
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Taboo was the best show I've seen in ages.
  • Watching mutiny now. Enjoying it. Can only be bothered with ant when he's shouting at Chris,  mind you.
  • The new Lethal Weapon TV series is terrible. It's terrible. How do you get Lethal Weapon wrong?

Oh, I know how, you hire entirely the wrong actors.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Jaco wrote:
    The new Lethal Weapon TV series is terrible. It's terrible. How do you get Lethal Weapon wrong? Oh, I know how, you hire entirely the wrong actors.

• The horror.
  • YouTube properly entering the TV sub game soon.

Not cheap, but interesting. Missing some big hitters (hbo, showtime), but the infrastructure is there for them to really put pressure on other providers. If they get aggressive with trying to get some more big names on board and with price they could kill it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sometimes I forget how Always Sunny is basically the greatest TV show of all time. 

Then I remember the implication.
  • Jaco wrote:
    The new Lethal Weapon TV series is terrible. It's terrible. How do you get Lethal Weapon wrong? Oh, I know how, you hire entirely the wrong actors.
    I haven't seen the TV programme, but having the wrong actors is only a very small part of the problem. The three sequels had the same stars and the same director as the original film and they're an absolute disgrace.
  • Nowt wrong with 2 and 3. 4 was a stinker though

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • As a film in its own standing, 2 is an okay film. As a sequel to the original, it's really poor.
  • LW2 is perfectly fine. 3 is a lesser thing, although wins points for the line: "Rog, I'm gonna suck his eyes out through his nose". As far as I'm concerned, 4 doesn't exist.

LW is an almost perfect action flick, up there with Die Hard, but both films are put on too high a pedestal. They're big, daft, dumb and fun; but that's all they are.
  • I like the LW sequels, 3 is great fun. The thing is though they're different beasts, much more comedy capers.  I went back and watched the first recently and was caught by how much it's a darker more straight action movie...apparently originally it was meant to be darker still.
    The TV pilot didn't really work, though i didn't find it that terrible...but then again i watched after a night in the pub so was half-cut.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • In Shane Black's original draft Rigg's died at the end so yeah, darker. 

LW remains one of my favourite films, primarily because of the age I was when it came out.  I have seen it more times than almost any other film (possibly apart from Best of the Best.  TOMMY, NOOO  NOOO).
  • Sometimes I forget how Always Sunny is basically the greatest TV show of all time.  Then I remember the implication.

Yeah I'm a full on rapist.  Kids, animals, the disabled.
  • Aye, first Lethal Weapon is actually a thriller rather than an action film. Somehow that led to everyone making action films instead of thrillers. Stakeout did better at the box office as well, it was more of a critical and home video sensation.
  • So now there is a movie based on Chips (the motorbike cop TV show, not delicious potato).

I guess the rule now is if you can't reboot a TV show make it a movie, and vice versa.
  • The darker stuff is why the sequels suck. First film opens with a drug fuelled suicide, and as somebody else said, it's an action film with some funny lines, rather than a comedy. Riggs is genuinely psychotic and suicidal, and a bit dangerous. By film two, "Ooh, he's a bit kooky, isn't he? Isn't it funny to have a kooky cop? lol."
  • Andy wrote:
    The darker stuff is why the sequels suck. First film opens with a drug fuelled suicide, and as somebody else said, it's an action film with some funny lines, rather than a comedy. Riggs is genuinely psychotic and suicidal, and a bit dangerous. By film two, "Ooh, he's a bit kooky, isn't he? Isn't it funny to have a kooky cop? lol."

Rambo followed a different, yet similar, trajectory. Going back to the first Rambo it's startling how slow and bleak it is. After that...jesus.
  • Aye, First Blood was a great film.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Rocky can go in that boat too.
  • Aye.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!