The TV you like thread
  • g.man wrote:
    Yeah, I've caught up with The Island now. Difficult to know what's going on really, as once again they're playing fast and loose with the editing to construct narratives. This was episode three. Their third week on the island. I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've seen Phil at all.
    Yeh I didnt even realise the guy was on the island. They defo crammed his best moments into one episode.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Watching End of the line or whatever the cop show is. Watching the first series. It's decent. Everyone raving about the current series. 

Also currently watching
    The Leftovers
    The 100
    Better Call Saul
    Fresh Prince 

Lots of good fun atm
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Watching End of the line or whatever the cop show is. Watching the first series. It's decent. Everyone raving about the current series.  Also currently watching The Leftovers The 100 Better Call Saul Fresh Prince  Lots of good fun atm

Line of Duty?

Season two is deffo the best.

Three ended up jumping the shark a bit and so far I've only watched episode one of four.. probably binge watch the lot with the wife over the weekend but the opening episode was a bit meh.
    The Forum Herald™
  • yes, thats the one! 

We're on ep 3 of s1. So far so good.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I had a nap during Line of Duty while waiting for something else to start (MotD?).
    Spoiler:
  • Finished S4 of Line of Duty last night. It didn't get quite as ridiculous as S3 but still pretty daft. It's good fun though, especially the AC12 boss man.
  • It is nonsense but tense and great nonsense.

Some of the liberties are riddick but in the service of good drama.
  • Two was deffo the peak.
    The Forum Herald™
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Yeh I didnt even realise the guy was on the island. They defo crammed his best moments into one episode.

I actually thought he'd been brought in as a last minute replacement for the teen who decided to swan off after three days.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bob wrote:
    Two was deffo the peak.

Just started season two last night. End of first episode was a genuine “FUCK!” moment. Shouted at the telly.
    Spoiler:
  • Started American Gods.  I read it during my A-levels but haven't the foggiest what happens in the book, it's quite remarkable how I've managed to forget pretty much everything about it.  I remember really liking it, that's about it.  Wife is happy that Calvin is in it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm starting Fortitude. Intriguing enough so far, early doors.
  • Taskmaster is the best comedy panel gameshow thing on TV.
  • Love Taskmaster. Haven't watched this season yet though, I like to binge it.
  • So good to see
    Spoiler:
    pop in the last episode of The Leftovers. Which continues to reach new levels of barminess.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I have started watching something called Game of Thrones. Might be worth a look for some of you that like that fantasy sort of stuff.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Might be worth a look for some of you that like boobs.
  • Anyway, it's on NowTV if you have that.
    Downside seems to be that there are sixty episodes in season one, which seems a bit excessive to me.
  • So they have the whole series then.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yup.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I might get around to it yet. But I've been stung by the likes of Sons of Anarchy, where it goes to pot after two seasons and I can't stop. I mostly favour series with finite, shortish runs.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Game of thrones is consistent. It slows down a bit in the later seasons at times but the quality is the same.

There is nothing even approaching the SoA Ireland debacle.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I have started watching something called Game of Thrones. Might be worth a look for some of you that like that fantasy sort of stuff.

Pro Tip: watch them all in order. No skipping series or watching series three first or any of that nonsense. Saves on the confusion.
  • g.man wrote:
    Anyway, it's on NowTV if you have that.
    Downside seems to be that there are sixty episodes in season one, which seems a bit excessive to me.
    I heard it's all just tits & dragons.

Gamertag: gremill
  • Billions was excellent last night. I think it was episode 10? Best thing on TV right now, I reckon. Season two might actually be topping season one.
  • Escape wrote:
    I might get around to it yet. But I've been stung by the likes of Sons of Anarchy, where it goes to pot after two seasons and I can't stop. I mostly favour series with finite, shortish runs.

I declared myself out when
    Spoiler:
    but wish I'd stuck around for season 3.  I've heard they even fiddled with the theme tune.  I have seen the final episode though, oh my.
  • Game of thrones is consistent. It slows down a bit in the later seasons at times but the quality is the same. There is nothing even approaching the SoA Ireland debacle.
    I thought Thrones got steadily slower and stupider and more annoying with each season. To be fair, it started off really high, so could support a long slow decline for a while, but i gave up after about season 5.

i wonder if a binge watch might help or hinder though. It should at least help to keep all the different names fresher, who's doing what, and mitigate the way each season seemed more about setting up the next...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • poprock wrote:
    Billions was excellent last night. I think it was episode 10? Best thing on TV right now, I reckon. Season two might actually be topping season one.
    Ep11 is funting EPICCC.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Games of Thrones has lulled a bit for me over the last couple of seasons but I think it's a little bit because of the many threads they have going and so the quality scenes of letting characters breath that were so big in the early seasons were pushed aside for moving the pieces around.

Still quality though and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. It's just the best when not as much happens and characters get to be characters.
  • Line of duty is awesome, onto the last ep of s1. 

Watching billions again as i'd forgotten about it. Upto ep 8 and it's brilliant stuff. Never fails to deliver an intense verbal trade off. 

Got Better Call Saul, the 100 and finishing the blacklist to go.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!