The TV you like thread
  • SAYS YOU
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Black Lightening, X-Men The Gifted, The Defenders. I think we have enough new superhero TV shows for this year.

Also Young Sheldon? Big bang theory spinoff, with a kid playing primary school sheldon. Not sure about that one.
  • I'm sure it'll be awful.
  • Can't be worse than later seasons of BBT can it?
  • American Gods. I have no idea what's going on. But I think I like it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Watched King Charles III - man that was some fucking good TV. Wife was captivated also and it only served to amplify her Anglo-fetishism. I now feel like an object. Long live the king.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Cracking episode of Doctor Who last night.
    Things can only get better.
  • Been a long time since I heard anyone say that.
  • The bar is now set so low that even a moderately interesting episode appears deceptively interesting.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I now feel like an object. Long live the king.
    WorKid wrote:
    Been a long time since I heard anyone say call it that.

The King has entered the building.
  • g.man wrote:
    The bar is now set so low that even a moderately interesting episode appears deceptively interesting.

I'm aware that we're likely to enter another period of dross (the latest episode was the first of a Moffat three parter), but so far I'm enjoying this latest series of Who.  New companion is a million times better than Clara, and they've finally worked out what to do with Capaldi.

Though the latest 
    Spoiler:
    gimmick is made slightly ridiculous by the fact that there must be billion ways of working around it in the Who-niverse...
  • Peaks then. I'm pretty up for this.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    Though the latest 
    Spoiler:

Maybe they're setting up a
    Spoiler:
  • Watched the first episode of twin peaks, it's interesting if aged quite badly. Then again it was 1990. Xbox 360 game Deadly Premonition ripped this off loads.
  • Watched the first episode of The Keepers tonight, a new Netflix Documentary Series looking into the suspicious murder of a Nun in Baltimore just under 50 years ago. It is focusing both on the events of the time as well as the current efforts to find justice by the people of the town-particularly two ladies who were students of the Nun.

And the first episode was absolutely fantastic. Completely gripping, well put together and the two main ladies are a fantastic focal point to the show. It doesn't quite have the mega-bombshell twists of Making a Murderer yet but it is just as, if not more, compelling.

Now need to binge the next six episodes whilst avoiding any information online...

Oh and The Americans Season 3 is incredible.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Fell asleep during The Keepers.  Nothing to do with the quality though.  Will try again sometime this week.
  • IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN.
  • I’m off work all week with the puppy. Must not watch Twin Peaks until the Mrs gets home tonight. Must resist the temptation. Must stay strong.
  • Finally got around to watching Back Mirror: San Junipero last night. It’s just as great as you all said it was. Heartbreaking stuff.
  • That's the first four episodes of Twin Peaks S3 watched then.
    It's quite a thing. Safe to say it's going to infuriate as many people as it delights. Hardcore Lynch walking his own path rather than pandering to network execs.
    Anyone tuning in for nostalgia or answers need not apply, and I suspect the public will switch off in droves.
    As expected, it moves at a glacial pace, and it's not hard to see why Showtime took the decision to release Eps 3 & 4 right after the two-part premier, because the pilot is impenetrably baffling from a mainstream perspective. 

I've been critical of shows like American Gods recently for being all style and little substance, and Lynch, it could be argued, takes this approach to fashion a whole new dictionary definition of the word obtuse. But this is David Lynch. If you've followed his career output for the last thirty-odd years then you should know what you're signing up for here. There are not going to be answers. Only questions in a world of blue.
    I'm glad it's back. I'm enjoying it (though enjoying probably isn't the right word), and while I'm viewing with trepidation, I'm in for the ride.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Didn't know eps 3 and 4 were also out, watched the first episodes and then caught the last half of Fire Walk With Meand fell asleep listening to the show's music on Spotify - I ɻԍԍɼ ʍԍᴉʁq.
    Things can only get better.
  • Aye, eps 3 & 4 were released on catch-up immediately after the premier aired.
  • How many episodes will it be?

With this, Fargo , and The Leftovers all going now I feel like my holiday next week is poorly timed. At least I'll have a lot to watch when I get back. I kind of wish I hadn't started on Fargo as I'm sure I'll forget what's been going on by the time I return
  • 18 eps iirc.
  • I think there was one other person on here who watched Survivor or maybe not and I'll just be the only one to admit it. It's still great but it got very real very quickly this week and I got quite emotional watching it as it kind of stepped outside of itself of being just a tv game about winning money. I'll put it in spoilers just in case.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Only saw this now. Im a BIG Survivor fan. That moment you described though was so strange. I've not seen anything quiet like it.
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Im about to do a Twin Peaks rewatch(ive not seen it in about 15 years). Should I watch the movie before of after the tv show(s1 &2)?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!