Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I went to download Pinball Arcade for my iPad earlier but fuck paying £2.99 for each table...
  • Ahhh, pinball! Grew up in Blackpool, so always had plenty of arcades to visit, although the tables did get pretty battered. One exception to this was an arcade in the Pleasure Beach (the tech guy must have been a pinball fan). Spent hours in there. Loved The Addams Family table..
    Anyhow, bought Pinball Arcade off the back of this thread, but only really familiar with Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot, any other recommendations?
  • Aside from Bride of Pinbot I've played Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights, and had a quick go on Theatre of Magic, which really impressed me after I had a shockingly poor first game. All four are great tables though, and I'd happily recommend them. 

Looking forward to playing the others available on 360, I've still got Ripley's and Black Hole to try, and I'll download Funhouse and Circus Voltaire tomorrow.
  • Ripley's is pretty fun.

@moto - are there no deals for the iPad version? I got 4 tables on iPhone for same price I think.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    As nice as the real table recreations are in Pinball Arcade I much prefer the PinballFX2 ones. They seem to run with the fact they're digital tables and have fun with them.

Plus the real world versions reminded me how hard/unfair real tables are designed to be. And Black Hole had a bug that prevented you from seeing the bottom flippers.
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    Enjoying the Shrunken Head narration on Ripley's. Pushed past 50m just now...mon!

Yeah, great fun this one. Managed 49m, but only completed one continent. Can't imagine I'll ever get them all, let alone do it with one ball.
  • Also enjoying Biolab on FX2, my favourite of the core tables. Still prefer Arcade's recreations though.
  • Which, funnily enough, is how I got up to 50m. A complete fluke.

edit: the continents I mean.

Not bought any of the core tables for FX2. Think I'm more inclined to spend my points on the Arcade stuff.

FX should do a Macross table, then I'd be in. Maybe a GitS one too.
  • Ooh, Macross and GitS sound good, a Battle Angel Alita table would make me a very happy bunny. 

The core tables are all I've got for FX2, but there seems to be a huge choice. I'll download some of the demos I think.
  • Don't like Black Hole on Arcade. At all.
  • re: FX2. I have street fighter, Marvel (wolverine, spidey, blade, iron man) and paranormal activity.
  • Will try the street fighter and paranormal activity demos then.
  • Black Hole is a feller.

Is there any way to see friend scores on Arcade on Android without using Facebook?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I've just created an account, seems the friends list links directly to Facebook, so I'm afraid not.
  • Rubbish.
  • Fuck Facebook in the face.

I've fallen for Arcade's Cirqus Voltaire a bit. I'm typically useless at it, but what a beautiful table.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I see FarSight have begun the Kickstarter for StarTrek The Next Generation.

I reckon they'll fly past the $60,000 pretty sharpish. Never played it before, so look forward to getting my hands on it.
  • I quite liked the street fighter, super Mario world, Indiana Jones and Simpsons pinballs when I was a kid. (mostly just the looks I bet)
  • athough SF did have an awesome bonus game where.you smashed a car underneath the main board. (was disappointed the Zen SF 2 was different)
  • I'd certainly partake in a bit of TNG.
  • Played a bit of FX2 earlier, it is very good isn't it? I prefer playing the recreations of real tables in Pinball Arcade though.
    FX2 is mainly reskinned and reversed tables of old, I think that's why it plays so well... That and it has pretty flashy bits.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    pabloamigo wrote:
    Ripley's is pretty fun. @moto - are there no deals for the iPad version? I got 4 tables on iPhone for same price I think.
    If anybody knows of any then let me know and I'll pick it up straight away...
  • Popped a paltry 67 million on Ripley's in Pinball Arcade yesterday - still, quite chuffed with myself.  Can only ever get 3 Ripley Letters though.  I may have to extend my table collection - anyone got any particular favourites outside of the original 4?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Scout wrote:
    It's lovely on the ipad. I actually prefer it than on the Xbox where I could never quite find my favourite camera angle.

I've yet to buy Pinball Arcade, but I have found the demo (including a full version of Tales of the Arabian Nights (not sure if I got that as an offer at some point or if everyone gets that to try out in the demo) and the table of the month, currently Bride of Pinbot and previously Fun House) on the iPad to be a far nicer experience than the demo on XBLA, nudging/tilting aside.

I'm a big fan of Pinball FX2 and have most of the tables (but not the Classic pack, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky and Bullwinkle and Street Fighter II), with my favourites being Earth Defense, Excalibur, Mars and Pasha, although most of them are good fun and have interesting features.

I've not played a real machine in ages, although the Princes Street branch of HMV in Edinburgh currently has an AC/DC themed table, but I find the idea of playing it in a shop kind of strange; one of these days... a few tables that I remember playing include Pool Sharks, as mentioned by Brooks above, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Dr. Who, Jurassic Park and Revenge from Mars.

I would agree that digital recreations of the game suffer from a lack of physicality and intrigue, which makes real tables so compelling to play, but the FX2 tables in particular are taking the idea of digital pinball somewhere new, which is also exciting, and at least makes it affordable!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I see Zen Studios have announced that the promised PopCap table is to be Plants Vs Zombies, not much of a surprise really, out next week, as is Zen Pinball 2. Looking forward to both.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    jdanielp wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Pinball FX2

I don't understand how you have such an astronomical Wizard score. Have you got loads of people on your friends list with massive scores?

Are you Pinball King within your group of friends?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Pinball FX2
    I don't understand how you have such an astronomical Wizard score. Have you got loads of people on your friends list with massive scores? Are you Pinball King within your group of friends?

I think I mostly got lucky with picking 'friends' and 'friends' picking me on the Zen Forums and elsewhere: one of my 'friends' is a Zen Studios employee who has quite a modest Superscore but a ridiculously high Wizard score; another one of my 'friends' is just amazingly good at the game... I would say that I am fairly good but by no means 'king'! I have not even scored over 300m on a single table, yet!

anyway, I don't think that the Wizard score really means anything since it is calculated on the basis of who you 'know' and how many tables you own...

better to look at the Superscore ;-)
  • I never got into video pinball much apart from Pokemon Pinball which I played the shit out of back in the day.
    Never pass up the opportunity to play a real table though. I think I'll buy one if I ever get the chance. Maybe Indiana Jones.
    Friend of a friend used to run a restoration business out of his garage too.
  • I still play Pokemon Pinball every now and then (when I remember I've got a GBA), great fun.
  • It is still good fun. I managed to catch a lot of the pokemon and got some pretty big high scores. Tried playing it again and was rather shit at it. Was cool how it had the rumble pack too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!