TITANFALL.
  • Finally bought a coiled cable for my HD25s last night, yes I am excited about headphone cables.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Respawn are confirmed for E3 so it looks like we might finally find out what their new IP is...
  • Man, I was hoping for some headphones news. . .

;)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Respawn are confirmed for E3 so it looks like we might finally find out what their new IP is...

Tech Demo.
  • A game not about shooting?!
  • Near future military shooter with criss crossing plots based on real life units and conflicts with fully customizable perk system!!!!

Zomgods
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I bet there'll be a mustachio-d man called CAPTAIN COST
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I know it's six thirty but is that the best you could do?

The grizzled Captain Rice and his younger partner Phantom.
  • They've taken an unforseen swerve towards Warhammer, where you team up with Captain Dice.
  • A daring raid on a primary school by Captain Lice.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Interesting, though it's not unreasonable to assume the bulk of the important bit was done by last May. Then there's the whole "A game studio is not one (two) man" thing.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Titanfall it is then.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    That cover does look nice though.

Sounds like the current-gen versions are being outsourced.
  • Olimite wrote:
    That cover does look nice though. Sounds like the current-gen versions are being outsourced.

Yeah, if they can't be bothered to make it themselves for their biggest audience, they can fuck off.
  • That offers them no commerical advantage to make it themselves for the current gen, far better for your in-house team to gain knowledge of how to develop on the next gen incoming consoles than carry on with the current gen machines if viable 3rd parties exist who they perceive are up to the job.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    More from GAF. Take it with a pinch.
    A lot of the article has to do with Respawn's origins, actually.

So here's the exclusivity mention: They thought working on PS4, Xbox One and PC would prove too difficult for a small team, so they decided to focus on one console instead of two. (er...). "Not to say we won't [go multiplatform] in the future, but for our first game we wanted to focus on making the best game we could."

GI points how that the Xbox One has 5GB of GDDR3 ram available to devs, whereas PS4 has 8GB DDR5 ram, and asks if that's a problem for Respawn. He says they're having trouble even using the 5GB efficiently with all the new architecture tricks. (that is to say, even if they had 8GB they wouldn't know how to use it properly at this stage of development)

GI: "What XBox One lacks in RAM, it potentially makes up for in cloud computing." Talks about how the game will have unlimited dedicated servers for the game, offloading "a few dozen AI" and physics, says the game would be impossible without the cloud and wouldn't have attempted it. Still dealing with unfinished hardware and software, so it's "still a little rough going at times."

"Thanks to the more open maps, healthy mix of enemy AI and real players, and the ultra-powerful titans, the gameplay loop in Titanfall is more accommodating to newcomers."

"Seeing a match play out on three different player screens in a short demo after the the target gameplay video, the average time of life seems drastically increased over the average Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Halo match."

Going to go dig for other gaming news before it gets yanked.

Spoke too soon, there are screenshots towards the end of the article. Smartglass integration, "some level of" Kinect support, Campaign Multiplayer, Regular Multiplayer, and some one player mode that isn't revealed yet.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It sounds like one to definitely keep an eye on.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It sounds potentially interesting, although CoD left me so cold that just knowing that it's the same team somewhat tempers my expectations.
  • So, what they're saying is that they're finding the same difficulty with the XB1 architecture that 3rd party devs had with the PS4 architecture?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    So, what they're saying is that they're finding the same difficulty with the XB1 architecture that 3rd party devs had with the PS4 architecture?
    Nah, what they're saying is "Microsoft paid us shitloads of money so we're making a game that would be impossible without the infinite power of the CLOOOOUUUUD!" - i.e. "the game uses dedicated servers".
    "The game would be impossible without the cloud and we wouldn't have even attempted it" - "BTW, there's an xbox360 version".

lulz.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Who said the 360 version can't access cloud functionality?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    It sounds potentially interesting, although CoD left me so cold that just knowing that it's the same team somewhat tempers my expectations.
    CoD4 is a major landmark in console MP and I read that many of the things that were included in later versions that I didn't like were also opposed by IW. The fact that they have mentioned longer 'life times' gives me some hope that it isn't going to be a twitchfest but we all also know that it is the players that define how a MP game ends up. Hopefully the bigger maps (something I have always strived for) will help but again it comes down to teamwork, when I was part of a good team on Battlefield 3 it was joyous but when I was being raped by a helicopter while 11 snipers sat on top of building under construction it wasn't so much fun.
  • djchump wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    So, what they're saying is that they're finding the same difficulty with the XB1 architecture that 3rd party devs had with the PS4 architecture?
    Nah, what they're saying is "Microsoft paid us shitloads of money so we're making a game that would be impossible without the infinite power of the CLOOOOUUUUD!" - i.e. "the game uses dedicated servers". "The game would be impossible without the cloud and we wouldn't have even attempted it" - "BTW, there's an xbox360 version". lulz.

I actually meant to say PS3 architecture.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Big Robots?

Day one.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Big Robots? Day one.
    haha!

I'll probably be the same.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Big robots, little robots, or stick men. West/Zampella and the rest of the leads they nicked from IW sure know how to put an online FPS together. So I'm veeeeery interested.

In the PC version.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Bit more from GI via GAF
    - Xbox One, PC
    - Xbox 360 version developed by someone else
    - Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it
    - Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them
    - They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would this project or another.
    - Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations

- Spring 2014 Release Date
    - To my eyes it looks visually very nice.
    - First person shooter
    - "Mech" and ground combat
    - "Mech's" are called Titans.
    - They want these Titans to feel fast. They can dodge etc.
    - If you don't want to pilot the Titan you can have it follow you, killing people as it goes along.
    - Player characters are called Pilots
    - They are extremely agile. Can run on walls, multiple jumps.
    - They can take down Titans. Jumping on them and shooting the "brain".
    - You need to be cunning as a pilot. "Hit and fade" tactics is the term the game director uses.
    - Pilots come equipped with a variety of weapons. Pistol, Assault Rifle, Anti-Titan Rocket Launcher, data knife used to hack AI characters into joining you.

- There are AI enemies on the maps.
    - You survive longer than in COD. Making it more welcoming to newcomers.
    - Source Engine. Building new engine = too much time.
    - Source gives them 60 fps
    - Rewrote aspects of it for next gen
    - Article talks about the process of forming the team, being fired, prototyping ideas etc. I recommend reading it.
    - Going for a District 9 or Blade Runner vibe.
    - Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.
    - Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.
    - Humans segregated between Earth and frontier planets. Corporation trying to take the resources of these frontier people.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!