General VR and AR chinwag
  • Has anyone had any success in returning a PSVR or similar? I tried to take mine back to Argos to anticipate getting a new model and they refused to accept it since it was opened, even thought it is still in perfect condition with all the packaging. How are you supposed to know that something doesn't agree with you until you try it?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Same thing happened to me with condoms, when I was a student.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Same thing happened to me with condoms, when I was a student.

Bad motion sickness?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Argos havea 90 day no quibble policy don't they
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Probably not stuff which you can put on your skin and wear/throw up in.

in the olden days earrings were exempt from returns.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Argos havea 90 day no quibble policy don't they

Nope. They say that if it is opened then you can't return anything. How are you supposed to know if something is suitable or not unless you use it in some way?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, knobbers
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Not sure if this was ever posted, but...

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/samsung-vr-outships-psvr-htc-vive-and-oculus

Fascinating.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bundled with phones at every opportunity

shipped != sold

Kinda like why Tetris is normally exempted from best seller lists
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Say it is broken.

Bastard, never thought of that. Would they test it?
  • Get a refund first.

If they say it works reply "well it didn't fucking work for me!"
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Say it is broken.
    Bastard, never thought of that. Would they test it?

Break it just in case?
  • Special Oscar goes to Inarritu's VR film/experience/installation:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41786923
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Went to an event showcasing haptic tech for VR.
    So weird shit, and some brass' shit, but the best was this:

Still creeps me out a bit, but it's an interesting direction...

Seeing all the views on Youtube feels cool, after remembering the same developer bringing a knocky looking prototype to a similar event over 3 years ago.
  • I'm sorry, but is this a bloody piss take?

https://vr.google.com/cardboard/
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Eh? No, it isn't.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but is this a bloody piss take? https://vr.google.com/cardboard/

Nope. It's free, and works surprisingly well.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Paper view though.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    ~_~
  • Elite Dangerous can be amaze and shit in normal mode at different times but it's extra amaze and extra shit at the same time VR. I don't think I've ever played a game where the resolution is so fundamental to the experience yet the experience is so suited for VR. It's all kinds of right and wrong.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oculus down to 399€ (with the controllers) for Black Friday. I'd almost go for it but I don't think my graphics card is really up to it and I'm not upgrading any time soon.
  • Yeah, the gpu is even more important now super sampling is a thing. SS works brilliantly in bumping up the perceived resolution but it takes a lot of grunt. My 980 Ti can cope in ED space pretty well but I've got to reduce texture quality on planets quite a bit.
  • So... I've managed to spin a need for a full racing set up (sans the drivers seat) on the premise that it's going to teach my girlfriend to drive (hahahahah). Aside from the usual racing stuff, is there anything anyone could recommend that would help with this? I was thinking euro truck simulator, but is there anything which would better replicate the experience of driving around in the UK without smashing into people?

Otherwise there's going to be a little Chinese girl in a car who's only experience behind a wheel is 20 hours of dirt rally vr.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fantastic stuff, keep the updates coming.
  • voices wrote:
    So... I've managed to spin a need for a full racing set up (sans the drivers seat) on the premise that it's going to teach my girlfriend to drive (hahahahah). Aside from the usual racing stuff, is there anything anyone could recommend that would help with this? I was thinking euro truck simulator, but is there anything which would better replicate the experience of driving around in the UK without smashing into people? Otherwise there's going to be a little Chinese girl in a car who's only experience behind a wheel is 20 hours of dirt rally vr.

At least she will be fine driving in the snow. :D

I think you will struggle with this one, but fair play to you for convincing her of this. Even DriveClub or Gran Turismo won't be of any benefit. Is she planning on driving trucks?
  • Is Eve Valkyrie worth picking up? I see that is down to £13.99 at Argos.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    voices wrote:
    So... I've managed to spin a need for a full racing set up (sans the drivers seat) on the premise that it's going to teach my girlfriend to drive (hahahahah). Aside from the usual racing stuff, is there anything anyone could recommend that would help with this? I was thinking euro truck simulator, but is there anything which would better replicate the experience of driving around in the UK without smashing into people? Otherwise there's going to be a little Chinese girl in a car who's only experience behind a wheel is 20 hours of dirt rally vr.

Wot!??

After you spend like, £800?

She'd probably get more comfortable with the roads given 4 £40 lessons, and a good instructor...
    Very interesting idea though...
  • voices wrote:
    So... I've managed to spin a need for a full racing set up (sans the drivers seat) on the premise that it's going to teach my girlfriend to drive (hahahahah). Aside from the usual racing stuff, is there anything anyone could recommend that would help with this? I was thinking euro truck simulator, but is there anything which would better replicate the experience of driving around in the UK without smashing into people?

Otherwise there's going to be a little Chinese girl in a car who's only experience behind a wheel is 20 hours of dirt rally vr.

You can mod euro truck so that you can drive cars.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!