General VR and AR chinwag
  • I'm out walking and just typed out a lengthy post on why this is a bad idea.
    Then accidentally swiped left and lost it all.

Fuck
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Orwell spinning in his grave must be nearing light speed by now.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • He wished he could fly, right up to the sky
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Oh, that's ORWELL.
  • Was the implication that he couldn't fly because he was a puppet or that he had a hand up his arse?
  • Ok..home now.
    Basic post was that tech is good but used by bad people for bad things so bad.

I'm cautious
  • My boy Eddie's experience with the Apple VisionPro is a good watch. Makes some great points towards the end too.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Tbf to Apple they're largely against the free but ads model.

I remember when mobiles were new and people were sheepish about answering the thing in a public space. Now they're shouting at the fuckers because they can't be bothered to put the thing up to their ear. I don't suppose these AR glasses will be any less annoying.
  • Ok..home now. Basic post was that tech is good but used by bad people for bad things so bad. I'm cautious

Same as any tool.
    I am interested in the realtime translation as said but can see how this could be used in a nefarious way but so can lots of tech.
    Just got the delivery schedule update and it looks like mine will be arriving in may and since I leave for Japan on the 1st it's not going to do me any good.
    At least I might be abler to watch my anime without subtitles.
    You rang.....
  • Yea it's a tool. Any tool will be used for nefarious means because people are awful.

But it's certainly exciting.
    I see a similar thing going on with drones right now.
    They are a great tool for industry to do things in ways that are cheaper, easier, more efficient and much safer. They have opened up a whole new sector of aviation to people who can use them for good. That's why my job exists, to support industry but to ensure it's all done safely.

However the moment we created flying cameras guess what happened? A massive spike in voyerism crimes, reports of privacy invasions, stalking cases, people using them for reconnaissance for domestic and commercial burglary etc.

We as a species cannot help but find ways to be cunts
  • Gotta say that the most scared I've ever been has been playing Ultrawings 2 MP with Elm.
    2 player aerial dogfighting against an actual RAF fast jet pilot.

Scared the shit outta me.

You acquitted yourself very well, you did everything right when I set us up for an offensive BFM approach for you! You just need to remember to use the vertical, every time you couldn’t see me, I was 5000ft above you watching you hunt :)
  • Well now, praise from a former flight instructor!
    Thank you :)
  • You’re never former, the qualifications are for life, and my name’s still on all those trophies…!

But heck yes, I could easily do some proper BFM teaching in Ultrawings. Makes me really want to get a PC and get into DCS.
  • Watched that Eddie vid the other day.
    It was great to watch a review from someone that wasn't a tech bro.
  • Yeah, I like his stuff, and that’s a really good video imo. Goes places I didn’t expect it to.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah I'm a fan

His Margheritaville and Rain Forest Cafe tour videos were great, descents into madness.
  • Anyone tried out Phasmophobia vr? Might give it a go later.
  • Horror in VR is something I don't think I'll ever be able to try.  Something with an oppressive, creepy atmosphere would be fun (I loved The Room VR), but pls no jump scare
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Horror in VR is something I don't think I'll ever be able to try.  Something with an oppressive, creepy atmosphere would be fun (I loved The Room VR), but pls no jump scare

Yeah, vr horror in general is not my cuppa. I do however fancy abit of this. I think the idea of a group of you hunting ghosts sounds like it should be funny as much as it would be shiver inducing.

Only in for multiplayer though. Need me hand held.

Big fan of fatal frame from years ago too.

• Cupatay wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    Horror in VR is something I don't think I'll ever be able to try.  Something with an oppressive, creepy atmosphere would be fun (I loved The Room VR), but pls no jump scare

Yeah, vr horror in general is not my cuppa. I do however fancy abit of this. I think the idea of a group of you hunting ghosts sounds like it should be funny as much as it would be shiver inducing.

And revivals?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:

And revivals?

My hero!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think Phasmophobia is big on jump scares. It was on sale a while back and I almost bought it but I don't think I'd want to play it by myself either and I don't have a huge amount of time for multiplayer.
  • Gabe Newell is really doubling down on the brain interface thing.

https://starfishneuroscience.com/team/
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think this kind of tech is great for the physically impaired, if it can improve your quality of life and interaction. For anyone else, I think it's a terrible idea. Let's face it all computers/consoles crash from time to time, I'd rather not have my brain connected to it when it happens.
  • For sure it has it's benefits and at least this doesn't require an actual chip implant. But Christ, tech really is running ahead at a scary speed.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Yeah, vr horror in general is not my cuppa. I do however fancy abit of this. I think the idea of a group of you hunting ghosts sounds like it should be funny as much as it would be shiver inducing. Only in for multiplayer though. Need me hand held. Big fan of fatal frame from years ago too.

I mean shit, if it's a bunch of people hunting ghosts like the first hotel scene in Ghostbusters then I'd love it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!