Bayonetta 2
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Every Edge cover is a missed opportunity. It could have the properties of octocamo and a cheap jingle on opening like an overpriced Clinton's card.
  • Re. HD Mario Galaxy : No, but I can't say I wouldn't buy them if they did.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • A 9/10 from Edge should be a true classic by their own high-brow review standards. If it isn't well than it's more of a telling statement on how far their importance has dwindled in their twilight years.

Still though, this does sound utterly excellent, and I'm extremely happy Nintendo managed to rescue it.
  • They moved from reserving 10s for truly exceptional "game of the generation" games to "game of the year" games. They had a 10 point scoring system that pretty much went from [6] to [9]. It lacked resolution.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    They had a 10 point scoring system that pretty much went from [6] to [9]. It lacked resolution.

Er, not really. I remember several issues full of [4] and [5]s. There's even the famous [1]s.

Though I do miss the days when I could remember every [10] without having to look it up.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yes, there were several. A few above, a few below, mainly from 6 to 9 tho.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    Yes, there were several. A few above, a few below, mainly from 6 to 9 tho.

Not exactly shocking, though. Most games are 'alright to pretty good', and EDGE tends to review things it thinks might be worth playing. STOP THE PRESSES. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yes but if you're going to have a ten point scale and not bother reviewing most things that appear in the bottom half, then reserve the top fifth of what you have left for the top 0.01% of games, I think it's fair to call that system dumb.

Anything below [5] is just a flat no. Nobody says "I was hoping for a [4] but it only got a [3] so I'll wait until I see it cheap."
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    Gonna have to set my WiiU up again soon. I got a new TV with the input lag of a Jedi but only TWO FUCKING HDMI PORTS.
    Heh, our (pretty old by now) TV has 4 HDMI ports, but three have some auto sharp filter that can't be turned off, we even checked the manual for it. So still switching around a lot.

About Bayonetta, still not sure if I should go for both, and if I should download or not. Is it already known what the eshop price is gonna be?

• IanHamlett wrote:
    Yes but if you're going to have a ten point scale and not bother reviewing most things that appear in the bottom half, then reserve the top fifth of what you have left for the top 0.01% of games, I think it's fair to call that system dumb.

Anything below [5] is just a flat no. Nobody says "I was hoping for a [4] but it only got a [3] so I'll wait until I see it cheap."

This is why I always liked the CVG High Five era system.

1: Avoid at all costs
    2: Poor game, only consider if you a massive fan of the genre and its in the bargain bin.
    3: Good game, worth a look
    4: Great game, a must for fans of the genre and highly recommended to all.
    5: Buy
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • @Eric: thanks for the pics. Issue still not showing on my iPad! Basterds.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • No problem, I was surprised I could do all that from my phone.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Reading the review now. Game still has Sega homages, and not Nintendo?! Fucking rubbish! Ban this sick filth! What the hell were Nintendo thinking??
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Sega references, you say? [Insert Mick McCarthy gif]
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    Yes but if you're going to have a ten point scale and not bother reviewing most things that appear in the bottom half, then reserve the top fifth of what you have left for the top 0.01% of games, I think it's fair to call that system dumb. Anything below [5] is just a flat no. Nobody says "I was hoping for a [4] but it only got a [3] so I'll wait until I see it cheap."
    This is why I always liked the CVG High Five era system. 1: Avoid at all costs 2: Poor game, only consider if you a massive fan of the genre and its in the bargain bin. 3: Good game, worth a look 4: Great game, a must for fans of the genre and highly recommended to all. 5: Buy

ah but what if you rarely review anything that's either 1 or 3 and so it comes down to a 3 point score system.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    ah but what if you rarely review anything that's either 1 or 3 and so it comes down to a 3 point score system.

Leads nicely into my idea for a podcast.

Traffic Light gaming!

RED: SHITE
    YELLOW: TRY
    GREEN: BUY

Now if only I had the talent/could be arsed to start one.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • So looks like this sold around 38K in Japan after week 1 sales, not great, but not dismal.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I take it Japon is the U's strongest region for sales right?
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I take it Japon is the U's strongest region for sales right?

Comparatively to competition yes, it's even outsold to PS4 more often than not over the summer months.

NA and EU are bigger markets though, even for Nintendo.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Have been truly hyped for this, but really didn't expect a 10. Brilliant news. Pre-ordered with amazon so will be getting the free upgrade I assume.

Question is - do I reply B1 first? Hmmm....

Anyone with the latest EDGE tell me if they reviewed Destiny?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • JRPC wrote:
    Have been truly hyped for this, but really didn't expect a 10. Brilliant news. Pre-ordered with amazon so will be getting the free upgrade I assume. Question is - do I reply B1 first? Hmmm.... Anyone with the latest EDGE tell me if they reviewed Destiny?

Saw in another thread (or maybe earlier in this one) - nope!
  • loxdog wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    Have been truly hyped for this, but really didn't expect a 10. Brilliant news. Pre-ordered with amazon so will be getting the free upgrade I assume. Question is - do I reply B1 first? Hmmm.... Anyone with the latest EDGE tell me if they reviewed Destiny?
    Saw in another thread (or maybe earlier in this one) - nope!

Boo!
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Is it still a 12 year old's wank fantasy though?
  • Is it still a 12 year old's wank fantasy though?

tumblr_mo8hyrovQ51r4ftabo1_500.gif

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • TOP 10 SEXIEST BABES IN GAMING! XXX: http://youtu.be/Kg_vrGiNZQs

This made me laugh.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That's a yes then. Aite.
  • Mine was Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. DS has always been weird.
  • I'd prefer this game to just be about angelmonsters beating eachother up.
  • Not even gonna touch the Fudge review. It will be bad.
  • Is it still a 12 year old's wank fantasy though?
    I'm 29 shutup.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!