Need For Speed
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    And I've promised to watch downton tonight.

You hear that ShopTo??? You delivered to the wrong person, he didn't deserve the extra day!!!

/bitterness
  • google wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Cool. Why can't davie do MP then. Cos he's "special"?
    Because online requires the online pass. Which davie wont have because he's getting it through lovefilm.

Thought I'd read that you don't need an online pass to play online , you just can't save any speed points ( whatever they are ) and probably no autolog.  Ordered the vita version from lovefilm so hopefully that's the same
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This is wonderful. It's basically a pretty Midnight Club LA, with police chases. Loving the events per car thing. I keep pulling sweet handbrake turns as I'm free roaming to stop and collect the cars dotted about. Very addictive. Glad you can add them to your garage by just driving up and not have to actually get in them. 

Early days but it seems great.
  • La la la I'm not listening...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    This is wonderful. It's basically a pretty Midnight Club LA, with police chases. Loving the events per car thing. I keep pulling sweet handbrake turns as I'm free roaming to stop and collect the cars dotted about. Very addictive. Glad you can add them to your garage by just driving up and not have to actually get in them. 

Early days but it seems great.

Got to agree, great so far. I'm not quite as enthralled as I was with Hot Pursuit yet but early days. Only downer for me do far is too many crashes and many feel cheap.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Oh and I think handling is better in HP though tbf there are a load of mods to adjust that you can earn.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I was crashing a bit, but much less now. Hated the Speed Run events at first, crashing was really damaging my times. It's actually quite forgiving though, and if you nail 3/4 of it you can afford a crash or two. 

The oncoming traffic is a lot easier to spot than other games of this type, it's much safer on the wrong side. 

I expected loads of stuttering after the Giantbomb guys went on about it, I've barely noticed it. I know it's there, but nothing game breaking. The city is great.
  • If anyone's going out on the high street to pick the LE of this up and stuff, be wary, EA (and to an extent the dude in my stockroom) have made things difficult to differentiate between it and the standard one.

Here is a photo of the LE's innards and disc in a clear poly bag (HMV standard ting) right next to the normal edition.

l5GtG.jpg

Notice the difference? Nope. Because there isn't. The main difference is in the Online Pass issued with it.
    Here they are.

Problem for me was the stockroom dude put all the passes inside the so-called manual and bumped them all together without me knowing. Proved to be a massive headache when I realised 5 mins before close tonight.

In summary, LE's or in fact "LE's" can suck donkey dick. So eh, ask to check them if/when you buy it.
  • HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING THE BEST OF FUNS WITH THIS YAAAAAAY FOR YOU ALLL
  • Well that's HMVs fault for taking discs out and you're stockroom guy for not keeping two piles. Have a word Gav eh?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yep yep I'm just moaning.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How come you couldn't snaffle an early one up for yourself Gav?
  • Manager won't allow it. I get 30% off it anyway, even if I trade in towards it. No biggie.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    And couldnt someone here potentialy use them online pass details on the pic gav?
    (Just saying)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Feck me Criterion, this could have been the best racing game ever but a few poor decisons have let you down.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    And couldnt someone here potentialy use them online pass details on the pic gav? (Just saying)

Yeah I saw that , I was just about to say nice pumps and then zoomed in to see if I could read the code - and you can
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ha, good point Davie.

Your manager sounds like a bit of a miserable bastard Gav. 

Anyway, I'll probably be on this from tomorrow afternoon, if you want my ugly face plastered on stuff, add me. If you want my beautiful penis instead, add adored.
  • Asda at 12, taxi ordered can't wait. A couple more pints of cider and i should be alright for a spot of drink driving!
  • Nah, he's a great guy in all honesty. Get on great with him. I don't mind not getting it, as due to my shift patterns on thu/fri (closing/opening), I would barely have the time to play it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    knuckle82 wrote:
    Asda at 12, taxi ordered can't wait. A couple more pints of cider and i should be alright for a spot of drink driving!

fuck me for the price you'd pay for taxis you coulda just bought it on download and got half your money back *cough*cough *cough! ;)

• wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Haha, just popped a speed camera at 88.8 mph!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I did that tomorrow.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    knuckle82 wrote:
    Asda at 12, taxi ordered can't wait. A couple more pints of cider and i should be alright for a spot of drink driving!
      fuck me for the price you'd pay for taxis you coulda just bought it on download and got half your money back *cough*cough *cough! ;)

I would but ain't got 60 notes on me, or a card to get it as well dude!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I did that tomorrow.
    in a delorean.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    knuckle82 wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:
    knuckle82 wrote:
    I would but ain't got 60 notes on me, or a card to get it as well dude!
    i only meant it tongue in cheek style, i haven't got 30 to square you up with yet!  ;)

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The first off road race in the Focus is superb. Hope there's more like it.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    The first off road race in the Focus is superb. Hope there's more like it.

Not seen that yet.  Enjoying some race over a boat even if I am constantly swearing at the TV.  My only gripe is the race route layouts, their not obviously signposted and some routes are confusing and I'm constantly making errors because I'm always glancing at the map trying to figure out where to go which when I'm racing I don't really want to have to do.

Is there any way to re-locate the map?  That might help me.

I have to echo what you said before though, the map of Fairhaven is absolutely wonderful.  Just cruising round is mint.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh, it can get confusing. Thing is, there's also a flip side. 

Here's the deal. You will replay races. A lot. Way more than Hot Pursuit. 

BUT. 

The races are absolutely thrilling. Your heart is in your mouth every second, arse on the edge of the seat. It's way more exciting than Hot Pursuit, but you can't really compare the two. This is a very different game. 

I'm willing to restart if its producing this level of excitement.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Also, the easy drive menu is great. Couple of clicks and you can restart, change car, change tyres etc. Really neat.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!