Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

• Decided to forgo the £4 saving through Tesco and go with the possibility of getting it tomorrow via ShopTo instead and ordered this morning when I got up. Got the photo of my parcel a couple of hours ago, bless'em.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    All this LE stuff is getting silly.
    Isn't it just...

Try being responsible for selling it, with different catalogue numbers for both, and people in the stockroom processing it, and at the till filing it away and selling it, making mistakes all the fucking time. FIFA 12 and BF3 are the worst culprits.

Anyway, no chance of me getting this tomorrow, but it will only cost me £28 on Friday, so yay.
  • HMV in Southampton don't seem that great at ensuring you have the correct game in the box Gav. Tried to but Little Big Planet GOTY as there were three copies on display, but there were only standard edition copies behind the counter. Bought Borderlands GOTY and was supplied the standard edition, bought NFS Hot Pursuit and was given a Tiger Woods golf game. My favourite was when I bought Arkham Asylum and was given three copies of the disc and manual.
  • I'd never give the wrong disc away, but someone unfortunately might've if a customer comes up with a pre-owned LE of something, and all I can find are standard ones. Been working on communicating better with the stockroom. A simple sticker on the pre-owned games bag saying "LE".
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Fuck me!

I have had a dispatched email from The Hut so I could have it for the weekend after all!!!

Ooh I'm excited!

Hence all my exclamation marks!

!!!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Traded a load of old tat in so getting this for nothing from Blockbuster. £42.99. Jesus.
  • Most LEs have the content on the one off codes now anyway. Most disc pressings are identical.
  • After listening to the Bombcast's description of the single player, I'm a little bit down on this.

I will predominantly be playing this in Single Player (as you fucks are all half way around the world to me - and the idea of playing with randoms makes me cringe) and the lack of both 'personality' and actual racing events has worried me.

So, can anyone give me a quick synopsis on the difference between single player and multplayer?

Single player is a mix of Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit, right?

What is Multiplayer?
  • Paradise 2, it seems mate.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If Bombcast are right then it's gonna be mainly MP. Ill probably love the SP, reviewers have been at odds to my opinions for a while now. 

If the SP is that dull, I'll probably grab Horizon for SP. 

MP on this sounds like Burnout Paradise V2. Awesome.
  • Paradise 2, it seems mate.

I never played Paradise online and I dont love the Paradise single player.

I may wait on this.

I guess, what I want is a really streamlined version of Burnout 3.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Paradise online was awesome. I still have pictures if Wookie topless on his bed from the crash cam on my Paradise save.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I loved Paradise online, the multiplayer challenges were fantastic. I also still remember the first time I saw my mate's photo come up after a takedown, I thought it was a touch of magic though how I never ended up with any cock shots I'll never know!
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    gonna be on this tomorrow and the eve......if it arrives....
    rest less
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Listened to Bombcast and I'm a little worried too about SP. I'll mostly be MP but I do love some good SP driving.

Anyway, Shopto dispatched this morn, should be playing tomorrow night. Anyone just shoot me an invite when I'm on.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Listened to Bombcast and I'm a little worried too about SP. I'll mostly be MP but I do love some good SP driving.
    What are the SP concerns? I haven't really been keeping up with reviews. If it's Paradise with Autolog then I've no problem with minor stuff
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's more that its boring in SP
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Jeff said the city was a little spartan and the framerate could be a bit choppy (on console).

The former doesn't especially bother me, as long as there's time trials to do. If you think about it Paradise didn't really have a single player game, just collectables to find and times to beat. As long as that's covered I'm not bothered about anything else. As for the framerate, well we'll have to see.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    If you think about it Paradise didn't really have a single player game, just collectables to find and times to beat.

and the hundreds of races you could enter.
  • It's cool, I thought Hot Pursuit was better in MP.  It was a thrill in SP, but nothing gets the old ticker going than being chased down by Frantico, Iain, Sparky lad, Grem, Mod, Unlikely, etc. when you're leading and two miles from the finish line.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, I guess. I quickly forgot beating the AI and was just chasing friend times.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    For his gripes about the SP he made the MP sound fucking ace.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yerp. I'm excited for Friday. Have no football game to coach on Saturday so it's booze galooze lets do some driving yasss
  • The best thing about SP in the original Most Wanted was hooning about the city and surrounding environs being chased by the cops. The higher your wanted level went, the harder it became to evade the police. They'd deploy everything from roadblocks to spike-strips to helicopters. Proper Blues Brothers style lunacy would ensue as you tried to best your time for evading them.
    I had a go of it for the first time in years just the other night.

still awesome

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • OK. Maybe I will buy this, G.

That sounds ace.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    The best thing about SP in the original Most Wanted was hooning about the city and surrounding environs being chased by the cops. The higher your wanted level went, the harder it became to evade the police. They'd deploy everything from roadblocks to spike-strips to helicopters. Proper Blues Brothers style lunacy would ensue as you tried to best your time for evading them. I had a go of it for the first time in years just the other night. still awesome g.man

I've read a few reviews saying all that is still in, but they hated having to avoid the cops. Hey ho. 

Every racing game gets stale in SP, at least for me anyway. The only one I've totally finished is Hot Pursuit, and it it weren't for the MP I'd have tired of it. 

As Mod said, Jeff said he loves the MP and even though he preferred the SP in Horizon, he'll probably put more hours into Most Wanted.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Yerp. I'm excited for Friday. Have no football game to coach on Saturday so it's booze galooze lets do some driving yasss

Not had a boozy FNXXX for ages. It'll be like old times :')

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!