Games you've never played
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    When's the last time you put 100 hours into a game and got your moneys worth?

Oblivion, Burnout Paradise, Civilization, Sim City for sure. But yeah- I hear you.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I tried with Dark Souls, I really did, I just didn't get on with the pace.
  • All quite old games though.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It takes time to get into yoss.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I find these days I will either put 20+ hours into a game or give up after about 45 minutes.
    Games are really having to justify my time, then I love them obsessively like Im Justin Lee Colins.
  • I'd have no chance with Demon's/Dark Souls. I occasionally think I'd welcome the slog with the same enthusiasm I give the first volume of In Search of Lost Time a read, but then I remember the fucking over shown in the Giant Bomb Quick Looks of both games and decide against it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It takes time to get into yoss.

I put about four or five hours into it. I'd say that was a fair crack.
  • Do you remember how far you got?

I would say the turning point is beating the first proper boss. If you dont like it by that point then you probably wont like it at all.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, I'd add that if you don't like it after the first boss, then WE DON'T LIKE YOU.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'd feel compelled to read the 3800 apparently unread posts in that thread. Which is good considering yoss's demand for all posts to be in one page.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I believe I made it up to the first boss then died.
  • So you didn't even reach a bossgasm, no wonder you don't love it.
  • Bossgasm makes 'you died' x 50 worthwhile
  • I like Frazzles, but not apres-Frazzle burps.
  • I have some quite frankly horrifying omissions. To my eternal shame, I have still never played Final Fantasy XII. I'm really sorry Cinty, I WILL get round to it. The problem was that Crackdown came out on the same day, and took over my life.

I've never played an Assassins Creed game, despite them all being in my house. I'm led to believe that this is a series I would really enjoy, but I just have never found time for it. A similar one would be Mass Effect. If has the problem of appearing to me to be too big. Back in 2002 I'd probably have been all over it. These days I don't tend to play the timesinks, unless it's the kind of thing you don't finish - Minecraft and Rockband being the primary go to's.

Not played any God of War either. Again I think this would likely be up my street. Love hacky slashy stuff, Devil May Cry and Bayonetta are particular favs. It's fairly linear and short, so I should probably make time to play it.

I've never played Black Ops, and am entirely comfortable with that fact.
  • Never played a 3D GTA, except for the first three hours of IV. 

2D Metroids (except a brief go on Fusion).

2D or 3D Castlevania games. 

Grim Fandango, Half Life, any COD after MW2, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, any RTS other than Command & Conquer, Left 4 Dead, Dark Souls/Demon Souls, The Sims of any kind, any Megaman games except a few gos on no.2, any Pokemon games, Deus Ex, any Final Fantasy except VII.
  • @dante

The problem with starting Mass Effect now is that you really need to play all three games but the first one really does show it's age. It is a bit clunky, more than a bit repetetive and has some horrific frane rate issues.

A mate (air hair lair)tried it a few months back and pretty much loved the universe but found the core gameplay too flawed to actually finish it.
  • Aye, that's also one of my problems. Did they fix the problem of importing characters from the first one into the third?

I think if I had some time I might be willing to give the first one a fair crack, but it's finding the time. It's not a game I'd like to have long absences from.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I've never played Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, Need for Speed, or Forza or Gran Turismo beyond the first one.

I've also been pondering picking up a PSP Street so I can play Valkyria Chronicles II and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, but I've bought PSPs twice before and they've always ended up being traded in pretty sharpish.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • @dante
    It is do-able in about 12 hours without hindering the story of the next 2 games. Just dont bother with most of the shitty planets and do everything to please Wrex.

I dont know if they fixed the import issues, sorry, i would assume so, the whinging seems to have stopped.
  • Red Dead is another one. Should get that done.

@Live, might give it a go then. I assume not much is too important decision wise in the side stuff?
  • Nah, iirc the only stuff that carries over are character deaths which are limited in ME1. Most stuff will be a decision you have to make anyway through the story.

There are a few other bits like "hey i remember you" stuff but if you dont know then you wont miss it, just some extra dialouge lines.

ME2 however you want to put the time into but it plays much better anyway.
  • Gran Tursmo for me too.  Played the first one in split screen but that's it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Grim Fandango

Booooooo! Boo, sir, booooooooo!
  • Kow wrote:
    Anybody who has not played Dark Souls should do so now and avoid putting it on some future list of anguished should have beens.

I've not played either. Hadn't even heard of them until seeing the crazy thread activity here, and even now I'm not really sure what it's about. Looks and sounds a bit like Symphony of the Night in 3D though, which would be great. 

If I can afford a 360 again it'll be one of the first game I try. I've sort of avoided soaking up any further knowledge of it in the hope it makes for a better experience

I've also never played a Gamecube. Never saw the appeal.
  • I have some quite frankly horrifying omissions. To my eternal shame, I have still never played Final Fantasy XII.

Git to it, pronto!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • @code
    Demon souls is ps3 only, dark souls is ps3, 360 and pc.

You are right not to look into it too much, it is best to know nothing of the story, enemies etc but check out the op of the dark souls thread for vital gameplay advice. The game tells you nothing really hence the heavily active thread.

Honestly Dark souls is one of the best games i have ever played. It is just so... Dark!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I've also never played a Gamecube. Never saw the appeal.
    Other than the fact that it was a game console that you could play games on?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I was gonna say that. Great games on that machine.
  • JonB wrote:
    I haven't had a Sony thing since PS1, so everything on PS2. ..

Guessing you played Okami on Wii, then? Did motion controls feel ok on it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!