Dark Souls
  • Thought I'd have a go at Aldrich after hitting a brick wall with him ages and it's happening again. Just can't seem to beat the bastard. Get close and get spammed by the laser thing.

How do you summon again ? Is it with Embers ? I can't find any or buy them
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I take it Iron Flesh spell has been severely nerfed? That, and the shield that fired a projectile plus flaming sword were so very useful.
  • I've never used any spells or magic in this game.

Well despite getting royally fucked off with Aldrich, I used the white soapstone to defeat him helping someone else, whenever I've tried that i never beat him - fucking typical.

Despite that, I was trying to farm souls (dunno why because I have no idea what to spend them , as I can't buy anymore embers with them) and got invaded for the first time. It was great, I somehow managed to kill them with the aid of a perfectly timed parry followed by a massive stab in his gut. Didn't give them time to replenish their health and kept on top of them to strike the final blow. I kept pumping the air like a nutter , if only I could kill that cunt Aldrich myself :-(
  • This will sound crazy, but I've found over the years that if im struggling with a particular boss myself then turning the sound off during the fight has helped.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    farm souls (dunno why because I have no idea what to spend them , as I can't buy anymore embers with them)

Sorry have i missed something? Why not level up?

Aldrich is tough, all about getting behind him and smashing his tail thing. The arrows he rains down are a nightmare, but roll spam usually just about works. 

What are you playing on?
  • Djornson wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    farm souls (dunno why because I have no idea what to spend them , as I can't buy anymore embers with them)

Sorry have i missed something? Why not level up?

Aldrich is tough, all about getting behind him and smashing his tail thing. The arrows he rains down are a nightmare, but roll spam usually just about works. 

What are you playing on?
    I'm on Xbox, I mean embers for summoning help for Aldrich which you require for it.
  • Hmm tempted to buy it again so i can come help
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Run from the arrows and try to arc around so by the time they stop you are back at his tail, then resume hacking
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yeah for the arrows in the second half of the fight you really need to run away and do about half a lap of the room. While rolling.

Trying to anticipate where he'll pop up next is also useful - usually the furthest corner from you.

Did a reasonably clinical run on this one for a change, so this might help:
  • JonB wrote:
    Yeah for the arrows in the second half of the fight you really need to run away and do about half a lap of the room. While rolling.

Trying to anticipate where he'll pop up next is also useful - usually the furthest corner from you.

Did a reasonably clinical run on this one for a change, so this might help:

Nice, I always get spammed by that laser/light thing and when close in the second stage I get hit by his scythe. Is there a way of knowing when he'll sweep the scythe?
  • Staying behind him and trying to dodge as best as possible is all you can do really. And having enough HP to take a couple of hits obviously helps.

i remember getting caught by the big laser shot while running from the arrows a few times. impossible to see when it's coming when you've got your back to him, so definitely some luck involved there (right at the mid point in that video it could've gone either way).
  • Well I did the fucker (Cheers everyone for the advice) but virtually went straight onto a fight with Dancer , didn't last long.

I went up the cork screw lift after Aldrich and it was a dead end , I guess I've got to kill Dancer ?
  • Once you get the unusual, undulating movements down it's a very doable + enjoyable fight.

Not near as tough as Aldrich (not that he was really tough!), in my exp.
  • indigoDos wrote:
    Once you get the unusual, undulating movements down it's a very doable + enjoyable fight.

Not near as tough as Aldrich (not that he was really tough!), in my exp.

Yeah but I'm shite. Another brick wall , can't go anywhere else now.

But at least the remastered network test is active now.

• I spent ages on that Dancer prick first time around. Didn't enjoy it at all.

In fact I'd say it's from that point that the whole game takes a dive in quality and doesn't really recover.
  • Sounds like I'll be giving up again soon then And it took me ages to beat Aldrich ( that included summoning a NPC as well) What a fucking bummer :-(
  • watch a few vids of other people beating him to see if you can pick up some hints and tips
  • Dancer be female, yo. Anyway i lucked Dancer first time first play through i think i just rushed in stayed close and kept rolling forward. Next playthrough i struggled for ages due to overthinking. Rolling forwards through her slashes are key i think.

What level are you kernowgaz? What weapon and how upgraded is it? Are you using a shield? Shield is pointless against most bosses, Dancer especially.
  • I'm high enough level ( Level 63) and a broadside that's +7 - I'm just shite.

Can you co op on this boss or am I stuck ???
  • You can coop, deffo. Usually quite a few signs outside that door, iirc.
  • You're not shite, it's just hard :)

Guides here are usually pretty good:

https://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dancer+of+the+Boreal+Valley

For example she is weak to Dark, Strike and Lightning.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    watch a few vids of other people beating him to see if you can pick up some hints and tips

This is good advice. 

Another thing you could do is take a few tries just to learn how to hang with the dancer/other boss, without attacking. Once you have a solid handle on her movements and when to dodge etc, you'll start to see the openings to attack more clearly - then just don't get greedy ftw!
  • There’s an attack she does where she whirls round and round I think. Should be a cue. Watch for it, run away, block or dodge the very last attack (she will prob catch you up by then) and what a few times while she recovers.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • For anyone interested, the PS4 network test for Dark Souls Remastered is now live early, think it was supposed to be on from 5pm tonight. I played it a bit last night until it promptly shut down at 11pm.

It’s the E3 2011 demo.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Yes it looks great on my standard PS4

• Yes. Watched a few videos and it does look smoother. Otherwise the same though.
  • I only ever played it on PS3 so this looks awesome in comparison. The 60fps took some getting used to though!

• Hmm the servers just went down, I wonder whether I was just accessing another regions network test as it ended abruptly on the hour.

Roll on 5pm! This is good healthy fun especially with 4 vs 2 black phantoms.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!