Dark Souls
  • Trying to hold off buying this cos I'm nearly halfway through bloodborne and loving/hating it. But it keeps looking at me every time I pop by my local game... It would be ridiculous trying to have souls and bloodborne on the go at the same time wouldn't it?
    Peter3C
  • Honestly I’d stick with one at a time - Dark Souls remastered is Dark Souls, which means it’s great. But it’ll be there when you’re done with BB.
  • Yep I just stuck it on wishlist and it'll stay there till I get as far as I can with bloodborne. Good sensible advice!!
    Peter3C
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nobody on here done the Scorched Contract mod yet? Been watching Dist stream it and it looks both awesome and hard as fuck.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've never heard of it.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Free mod got on it mate. Every time you kill a boss it makes the game harder, in many different ways.

I'd link to the ways it gets harder but then what is point.
  • Nobody on here done the Scorched Contract mod yet? Been watching Dist stream it and it looks both awesome and hard as fuck.

Watched the LobosJr run of it - very impressed.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I just watched the Lobos video up until Moonlight and have turned it off. Looks fun so will try it myself at some point.

Wonder if it'll work on the remaster?

Edit: It doesn't but I have PTDE so can still give it a bash. Need to get DSFix on that too.
  • Had fun ganking invaders with the Aussies today. Camouflaged myself as a tree in the deep root area past the crest, and used partner as bait. Once invaders ran past me, homing crystal soulmass. Gorgeous.
  • Did you figure out how to get more than one coop phantom in?
  • Djornson wrote:
    I am in Bohlreain Castle or something. I found the Bastard sword and then got utterly raped by a guy with red eyes and a spear in a narrow walkway. It's intense. I am playing aggressively and dying lots. So far my impression is you can tell it's old, but it's still great.

I keep rolling forwards into attacks and getting hit, i feel like dodging is waaaaaaaaaay easier in Dark Souls 3. I am actually having to plan where to roll here, i can't just spam roll. I haven't played much, life has got in the way. I am pretty terrified i haven't got the ability to level up yet, i am still in Bolheim Place (not even googling to find correct name as might be spoilers) or whatever and it feels a lot longer than Dark Souls tutorials. It's intense, rocking Bastard Sword with no armour, 50% health, every enemy is a threat especially the guys with fire. That red eye knight with the spear is a c*** but he's gotta be guarding some good treasure, right? I gotta get there.
  • Sounds like you're getting into it / it's getting into you. 

Strong urges to replay atm. Few weeks till the inevitable remaster non-announcement.
  • The whole game is set in Boletaria so you’re good
  • I was finding NG+ much harder than NG+ on Dark and Bloodborne. But my initial playthrough was fairly easy going, mostly I suppose because of having spent more time and finished all the other games first.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Saved some posh bloke, now he is just wondering around aimlessly. Tempted to try kill him but he seems pretty tough.

When an enemy is nearly dead and you are close you can hear the heart thumping really fast, nice

Did not realise you could hurdle over low down obstacles! Fall damage seems very low

Phalanx dead! That was very fun, getting the hang of the combat with the broadsword now. 

Music in that cutscene about the monumental was fantastic.

I died lots in that first level so now i am going to go back and fuck them and harvest their little souls.

Guys, i love it. Finding it harder than Dark Souls so far.

Now i need to decide where to go, tempting to carry on in Boleteria, is that harder than doing the first level of the other worlds?
  • I'm slowly plodding my way through Dark Souls 3. I've had it sitting there untouched for at least a year. It's finally got its teeth into me now though. Think I'm around a third of the way through. Not too brutal so far. I'm in a cathedral with a couple of massive giants that I think I have to trap somehow.
  • @Djornson: not harder imo. Each area has its own set of challenges. Experiment and enjoy It.

Umbasa.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    As someone who originally played DkS1 offline way back, is Undead Burg such a ganker heaven? Wandered in with a long sword, levelled twice, to get invaded and one hit KO by a guy with a lightning zwei who, when I hit him, did like 10 damage
  • I don’t think so, but I would be wrong. Might be bad luck - I find it’s not unusual for invasions to come along in multiples, then not have one for some time.
  • As someone who originally played DkS1 offline way back, is Undead Burg such a ganker heaven? Wandered in with a long sword, levelled twice, to get invaded and one hit KO by a guy with a lightning zwei who, when I hit him, did like 10 damage

Everywere is ganker heaven, i can only play offline unless i wanna mp (0.001% of what i enjoy in souls).
    Its always been this way for me.
    May be a different experience for cit becouse of region.

• Presumably it's very busy at the moment. Just stay hollow most of the time.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'd say yeah, the first few areas are pretty rife with claymore wielding giant dad's.
  • I am finding Demon's Souls harder than any of the other Soulsbourne games so far. Perhaps i need to upgrade my weapon. Is Broadsword viable for the whole game? Longsword? Bastard Sword? I don't want to google as i will go down the rabbit hole of spoilers. I usually use greatswords but am enjoying the faster normal swords at the moment.
  • Should get a good special weapon in Shrine of Storms opening area.
  • I used that up until last boss.
  • Thanks, I went there but obviously didn't get far enough. Enemies were tough!
  • Was getting along just fine with Dark Souls 3 until Abyss Watchers. They just kicked my arse for an hour. Even had one of those excruciating 'one more hit and I've got the fucker' that ended in tears.
  • It's a shit boss. Summon help and get it over with.
  • Thing is I've completed the first two games without summoning and don't really want to give in now.
  • So had I, but some of the bosses in 3 are just a pain in the arse. Not worth the time/effort. It's the way you have to keep doing the 1st phase every time that kills it for me. Anything with a refilling life bar can fuck off (except Smough & Ornstein, of course - they're lovely).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!