PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Also if everyone abided by the laws and we had no need for the military and lived in utopian harmony, Elm would be a commercial pilot instead of a fighter pilot so your last point was as clumsy as it was stupid.
    You sure about that?

One of my mate's was a helo pilot in the marines, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been piloting helicopters had the military route been taken away.

But then you're probably right as I remember Elm telling us how he was so perfect in his job and the rest of them were lazy and/or needed more time than him to get the same tasks done.

: )
  • Elm never got out of his jet and punched another pilot either so I don't know what point you are trying to make.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nor do I.  There's a big difference between targeted military violence and randomly punching someone by the side of the road because you took exception to his driving and decided to follow it up.  I find random outbursts of violence like that utterly abhorrent and don't think there's ever any excuse for it. Why couldn't you just have ignored him and left him to it?

Not sure why there are digs at my job coming out.  I moaned about a programming issue which forces us to work extra days, when out shift cycle in work means we have enough time in our standard flying days to get everything done.  The only people who wanted the extra days were either people who didn't want to stay at home and do the odd bit of work on a laptop of an evening, or "movers and shakers" who wanted to be in to butter up the boss without needing flying getting in the way.  As an aside, because it's not particularly relevant, I wasn't the only one who found them unnecessary and pointless, and they've also just been scrapped.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I didn't take exception to his driving.

It must be nice knowing that there is somebody out there that knows everything you have ever done in your life to help back up your arguments. : )

I can't believe that niether of you have ever had a fight...
  • So you punched him for no reason? Im massively confused now
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I took exception to his gesticulating and threatening behaviour, I was laughing at his driving.
  • So you punched someone because they had their knickers in a twist?
  • Moto I've never had a punch up with someone in my entire life, as a school kid or an adult. Until my late 20's I did Judo but even without it, I wouldn't have got into a scuffle with anyone unless it was the bare last resort and even then I'd only do in self defence. 

Are you offering us out though? It's a bit confusing. Don't follow me into another thread and punch me up pls.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Most people I know have never got in a fight.  And I'm quite certain that no-one I know has ever started one.  Doubly certain that no-one I know ever followed someone when driving to punch them.

If there's a better explanation I'd love to hear it; but it sounds like he was driving like a dick.  He couldn't get past you, so you laughed at him.  He got angry at that.  You both turned off at the same bit, and then I get a bit lost; didn't you say you were following him or goading him?  If not, why did you stop when he stopped?  Why not just drive on to wherever you were going?  Even if you had to stop when he did, why punch him?  All he's done was drive like a dick, which is frankly not your problem nor mine; it's up to the police to deal with people like that and you'd probably have achieved a lot more if you'd just called them if you were really concerned.

It's classic "2 wrongs make a right" stuff.  Simply put, he'd have been entirely within his rights to ring the police and say some guy pursued him off the motorway, and when he stopped to ask what he was doing, attacked him.  People do actually go to prison for that sort of thing.
  • So you punched someone because they had their knickers in a twist?
    Well, no, I mean, if you read what he actually wrote, you'd know he punched him cos the guy got out of his car and stepped to him.

Neither of them are covered in glory here - road-rage guy 1 was driving like a dick, Moto passive-aggressively boxes him in, RRG1 gesticulates and all that, Moto laughs at him winding RRG1 up further, Moto turns off, RRG1 turns off behind/after him, Moto pull over and gets out of his car/van, RRG1 also pulls over and gets out, RRG1 approaches Moto with aggression so Moto becomes Road Rage Guy 2 by lamping him one (in vaguely-defendable "self-defence yer honour" style but really Moto, you part-engineered that situation so you are partially culpable for the aggression being shown towards you).

From the sounds of it, RRG1 was definitely spoiling for a fight. Unfortunately for him, so was RRG2, who beat him to the punch. Literally.
  • Ah, that explains it a bit more.  However, I think it looks more like raw goading him into a fight rather than anything else; almost as if Moto wanted to wind him up to the point where he'd throw a punch.

At the end of the day though I'm pretty sure the illegal act is "punching someone else in the face," regardless of what he may have said or done.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    You lot seem to be confusing my explanation of an event with me trying to justify a situation. I'm not trying to justify anything and tbh Elm my thing about your work wasn't meant to be a dig at you it was aimed at Rouj 'knowing' that you'd have automatically been a commercial pilot.

I have explained before that I did used to get in a lot of fights, mainly through my own eyes of helping somebody out either by those that were being directly threatened or by stopping people that were making others feel uncomfortable. I actually helped out my local pub a few weeks ago by restraining somebody on the ground and not hitting them so there's hope for me yet.

The incident I am talking about happened around 10 years ago though that's not to say I wouldn't do it again, just because some of you would be happy to let some bloke give it the wanker sign doesn't mean that everybody is.

I wasn't offering anybody out, I'm not going to get giddy over some harmless banter in a forum and I wouldn't get giddy if we were having this face-to-face but if you were clearly being nasty or agressive then why would anybody just stand there and accept it? We are all different, have you not got any friends that if they were with you and something happened to you they wouldn't immediately jump in?

Anyway sorry if I've pissed either of you off as that wasn't my intention, let's just be thankful that we are all different people!

EDIT: I'm not as eloquent as DJ but that's the gist (apart from I followed him off the motorway) of it...

Hugs and that shit to all of you!
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Ah, that explains it a bit more.  However, I think it looks more like raw goading him into a fight rather than anything else; almost as if Moto wanted to wind him up to the point where he'd throw a punch. At the end of the day though I'm pretty sure the illegal act is "punching someone else in the face," regardless of what he may have said or done.
    Well yeah, clearly Moto was spoiling for some aggro else he wouldn't have pulled over and got out of his car! ;-)

I differ slightly as to whether or not throwing the first punch is always the wrong thing to do - depends how obvious it is that the other guy is gonna start swinging TBH.
    Also, I've seen enough dickish driving on the roads to come to the same conclusion as Moto that, at the end of the day, some people deserve a good punch in the face.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    just because some of you would be happy to let some bloke give it the wanker sign doesn't mean that everybody is.

Life really is too short, surely.  I mean, fair enough there's no point in getting further riled up about it now, but you realise that if there were witnesses around you could very well have wound up in court?  I don't think "but he gave me the wanker sign!" is a valid legal defence.

I generally manage by giving people like this a pitying look; a genuine one too.  Once I was in a queue of traffic leaving a shopping centre in Aberdeen.  I was switched off, idly chatting to my wife and her sister in the car.  I didn't realise it, but there was a guy waiting to get out of an apartment block car park into our line of traffic, and I had half-blocked him by just rolling forward in my own queue.  If I had spotted him, I could have waited to let him out.

I stopped where I was, and we both did that hesitant "move stop move" thing where you don't really know who's giving way to who.  I finally stopped entirely, waved him out, and as he squeezed into the tiny space, he shook his head and made a wanker gesture at me.  

I mean, the poor bloke.  It perhaps added 15-25 seconds to his journey, and ended with him being let out into a queue I don't really think he had right of way for.  And despite that, his only reaction is a mouthed "fuck you" and a rude gesture?  Poor bloke must have issues.

I could have followed him and murdered him, but I was happier to smile in the knowledge that I have much less pointless rage burning in me than him, and that my wife was probably happier in a car with me than the pissed-off looking woman next to him.
  • djchump wrote:
    I differ slightly as to whether or not throwing the first punch is always the wrong thing to do - depends how obvious it is that the other guy is gonna start swinging TBH. Also, I've seen enough dickish driving on the roads to come to the same conclusion as Moto that, at the end of the day, some people deserve a good punch in the face.

Well, yes.  The inherent right of a UK citizen to self defence under UK law actually legally allows me to fire a missile at a man in Afghanistan pointing a weapon at British troops, even if he's not actually fired yet, but that's another discussion altogether.

I think that angle fails to work when you've a). goaded him so much and b). decided to stop as well, when you could have just driven on.  If you're just in the street outside of the pub and some bloke comes over rolling up his sleeves, then sure, I think you're legitimately allowed to hit him first.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    My thing happened at a time when I was driving a lot of miles with work so idiotic driving used to wind me up a little, also don't let my quick driving or road rage incidents make you think that I am not courteous on the road. I can assure you that you wouldn't even know it was me that had let you out if ever you're driving the roads of North Devon!

Oh, the Cyan Multipla would probably give me away!

EDIT: The bloke coming out of the apartments might have been rushing his sick daughter to hospital!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Watch The Riots on BBC2 and tell me you don't want people like me about. Fucking cunts the lot of them...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    If the bloke had a sick girl in the car and reacted like that, I don't hold much hope for her future.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I'm actually generally pretty passive about fights IRL, but, after the fact, I'm pretty happy to hear when certain individuals have recieved a punch in the face.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    EDIT: The bloke coming out of the apartments might have been rushing his sick daughter to hospital!

I know; and I let him out! :)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I see the lottery winners are splashing out on a Q7.

Absolutely gutting, all that money and that's the limit of their imagination car-wise. Fuck doing press conferences I'd be on my way to pick up an Aventador so that I could drive around looking for property big enough to house the collection I'd have planned.
  • The guy probably won't fit in any other car.

First on my list would be a mint mid-80s 911. Which frankly isn't that expensive lol.
  • I'd find better things to spend my money on than expensive, impractical vehicles.
  • That doesn't suprise me at all.

What would you practically spend £148mil on igor? In-soles, pegs, a new washing up bowl?
  • I'd probably future-proof my finances with £1m or so and give the rest away.
  • I'd find it pretty exciting to set up some kind of charitable foundation and make some positive difference to people's lives.
    You could do a hell of a lot with £147m.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    ffs.

I realise it's each to their own and whatnot but I struggle to grasp the sanity of any person that says if he was given £148.6m he would give a £147.6m of it away. In fact I'd go so far as to call bullshit on it.

I starting to think that you may well be Scorpio with an improved grasp of English this time around.

Honestly, ffs...
  • Horses for courses Moto - some people do actually get their kicks from helping other people. Weird innit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!