The Car thread
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    As my bawbag ex is currently finding out, as she rattled her car into another one last week. Not even had her car 7 days and she prangs fuck out of it. Am i allowed to laugh, given that nobody was hurt??

What is it about bawbag exes turning into shit rally drivers?

My ex-wife rolled her Mini into a field within a month of us properly breaking up. She was trying to show off to a new bloke and went into a corner way too fast. Completely wrote off the car.
  • I honestly don't even know how she managed it. Pulling into a parking space, crumpled her front wing and damaged her passenger door. Other car looks like it needs a new bumper, valance and repair to the rear quarter panel. Getting the other car fixed through her insurance and hers fixed privately.

(Which is a kinda smart move, i had a look at her car yesterday when i picked junior up, i suspect an insurance approved bodyshop would've wrote her car off as a cat d)

I'm laughing inside, because a couple years ago i scraped the paint on the Volvo while avoiding an abandoned trolley in a parking space. Caught no end of grief from her about it at the time.

Karma and all that jive......
  • High five for schadenfreude.
  • It was always obvious this was going to happen I thought.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47023003
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hmmm, I'll look more at the Mazda then. Happy with a Badger Approved vehicle. Although why do affordable Asian shapes have to be so.... So..... So..... Meh lookin?

Also, I'm confused at the messaging here. Get diesel, save on car tax, but also don't get diesel, cos it bad. Huh?

You take that back! It's a lovely looking car.
  • He’s blind, Goobs. Blind.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • The Ceed, the 3, and the i30 all look like they came from the same pen.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Nah mate.

Ay9kXBB.jpg
  • I'll warm to it! It's certainly not not nice!
  • Its a very samey looking category.
    Chuck the 1 series and Fiesta in there as well.

All look near enough the same.
  • If it was between a ceed, i30 and a mazda3, it'd be a choice between the mazda and the kia for me. The i30's only nice in the bonkers n trim or whatever it's called, imo.

Am i right in saying that the mazda still shares underpinnings with the ford focus, and my old Volvo?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    If it was between a ceed, i30 and a mazda3, it'd be a choice between the mazda and the kia for me. The i30's only nice in the bonkers n trim or whatever it's called, imo. Am i right in saying that the mazda still shares underpinnings with the ford focus, and my old Volvo?

Most of it yes, they seem to do the pretty thing better than the others. If we were drawing comparisons I'd say

Ford = VW
    Volvo = Audi
    Mazda = Seat
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I’m driving a 17 plate Hyundai i30 with the 1.0 petrol engine.

Good spec and good warranty.

Looks ok to
    Be honest I’ll post a pic later
    The Forum Herald™
  • My TTS is £270 a year to tax. But you should still get one.
  • Nah mate. Ay9kXBB.jpg

Is that a shot of your actual car or a press shot?

Here's the i30.. it's not a world away styling wise.

50271403_2011850038898375_6633879397319311360_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fgci1-1.fna&oh=324f229691c826f2f4192195e5d2bc07&oe=5CF87E53
    The Forum Herald™
  • Verecocha wrote:
    My TTS is £270 a year to tax. But you should still get one.

For sure. Just had the wheels on this 3.2 painted black and it's a nice car.

50493304_2021565614593484_5891517411424731136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fgci1-1.fna&oh=434a5d2460eaee319676ab0f4f2904a4&oe=5CFC06FE
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nice! Need my wheels sorting as they’ve cracked a little, where would you recommend on the island dude? Also where would you recommend for any mech work? The sports suspension error randomly comes up now and again. Could just be a sensor issue but most places you go may see a well taken care of Audi and think big bucks.
  • Dude. PM me. My bosses son did them he charges £50+VaT a wheel. He's just opened up and he's very good.

Taylor Clarke are VW/Audi trained and probably the best value I think. You could try Us but i wouldn't. lol.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Dude. PM me. My bosses son did them he charges £50+VaT a wheel. He's just opened up and he's very good.

Taylor Clarke are VW/Audi trained and probably the best value I think. You could try Us but i wouldn't. lol.

Awesome dude!! I’ll chuck you a PM for the details and get it booked in for when I’m back from holiday the week after next. Perfect!! Was really struggling trying to find someone to do them! And thanks for the Taylor Clarke advice, will give them a call too, again I did not have a clue where to go and didn’t wanna go to the big car supermarket for work as they’ll be ridiculously overpriced.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    If it was between a ceed, i30 and a mazda3, it'd be a choice between the mazda and the kia for me. The i30's only nice in the bonkers n trim or whatever it's called, imo. Am i right in saying that the mazda still shares underpinnings with the ford focus, and my old Volvo?

Most of it yes, they seem to do the pretty thing better than the others. If we were drawing comparisons I'd say

Ford = VW
    Volvo = Audi
    Mazda = Seat

Audi and Volvo do have nice interiors, though the AMG A35 has raised the bar on interiors for hatchbacks. Seat is definitely a slightly poorer relation to a VW.
  • All better than anything French or American mind.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Nah mate. Ay9kXBB.jpg

My car. I prefer the lines on the mazda, it's less boxy. The front end is similar though.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    Ford = VW Volvo = Audi Mazda = Seat
    Audi and Volvo do have nice interiors, though the AMG A35 has raised the bar on interiors for hatchbacks. Seat is definitely a slightly poorer relation to a VW.

Ahh, sorry was just meaning that both VW and Ford at this time had several marques running on similar platforms. Ford/VW marketed to the everyman, Volvo/Audi as a more luxurious variant, Mazda/Seat as the sport/budget version
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Bob wrote:
    Nah mate. Ay9kXBB.jpg

My car. I prefer the lines on the mazda, it's less boxy. The front end is similar though.

For sure the Mazda is a better car all round mate but the styling isn’t a million miles away
    The Forum Herald™
  • Some car advise chaps,

Looking for a 4WD for the missus (emphasis on looking as we have no money at moment till she goes back to work post maternity leave). A 2WD like a qashquai won't do (quite a few of those got stuck in my area when the snow fell

Are you better off getting a manual petrol for a 4WD rather than an auto? Diesel seems to be on the way out.

Ideally not more than 25k maximum on a pcp or a pch. Though the later may not work for her as she does alot of miles for work.

A land rover discovery would be ideal but out of price range. Was thinking of a skoda kodiaq or a sukuzi vitara

Any ideas?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm planning on getting a suzuki ignis 4x4 for my wife. It's not a world beater but it's got decent reviews and plenty of goodies for the price.
  • The ignis looks nice, but i think and i might be wrong its smaller than a mk5 golf (which is what the missus has at present).
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's definitely small, I'm not sure what it compares to though.
  • The only 4x4s worth having are auto
    The Forum Herald™
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Without prying, where is 'your area' that yo need a 4WD?? Sounds like a kneejerk to recent snowfall, so get anything that looks like a 4x4 jsut to assuage her fears. Alternatively a dinky Jap one like a Suzuki Jimny or Vitara, they're legit 4x4 arent they

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!