Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's a nice looking car but frankly I don't see the point in these pseudo SUVs. Plus Nissan's engines are made by Renault so frig em.
  • Yeah fuck every and all suv/crossover into a very large and wide bin. God I hate them.
  • Oof glad we chose the Skoda superb over the kodiaq then
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Lol Namco have created the door closing sound. Yep Namco.

FINALLY!

Something interesting to say about a crossover/SUV.
  • Yeah fuck every and all suv/crossover into a very large and wide bin. God I hate them.

Christ yes, arseholes of cars. Fucking pointless and an inconvenience to every other cunt in their appropriately sized cars. Big peev of mine.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Totally agree with the crossover/suv sentiments but they sell crazy numbers. For all manufacturers.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Oof glad we chose the Skoda superb over the kodiaq then

I like the Kodiaq.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kow wrote:
    It's a nice looking car but frankly I don't see the point in these pseudo SUVs. Plus Nissan's engines are made by Renault so frig em.
    Apart from
    The DiG engine they make themselves which is shockingly poor
    The Forum Herald™
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Funkstain wrote:
    Oof glad we chose the Skoda superb over the kodiaq then

I like the Kodiaq.

Yep us too but it was extra money and less well equipped and nowhere near such good deals. Would’ve loved 7 seats

• Had some reviews of cars on in the background by a channel called SavageGeese. On reddit he is described as the most honest car reviewer on youtube. So i thought id see what hes like. He really doesnt hold back. Its refreshing. Its also getting him into trouble with car manufacturers as they dont want lots of negativity surrounding their new cars.

I watch alot of car reviews on YouTube from different people, SavageGeese is living up to his reddit reputation as the most honest. Worth watching his stuff if you want a balanced car review. I also like that he always jacks the car up and covers the underneath of the car.
  • Hmm, nice Dino. Cheers. Matt from carwow's attempts at humour are... Something. My missus thinks he's firmly on the spectrum.

Webbins wrote:
    Yeah fuck every and all suv/crossover into a very large and wide bin. God I hate them.

Christ yes, arseholes of cars. Fucking pointless and an inconvenience to every other cunt in their appropriately sized cars. Big peev of mine.

All I'm saying folks is if you learned in a small car then go buy a big car, you should be required by law to get more big car lessons. The vast majority either don't have the brains, the eyesight, or both.
  • In my opinion (ad that’s all it is, an opinion) cars that make drivers feel invincible and/or disconnected from the road are a bad idea, full stop. Most cars are two-ton death machines flimsily controlled by people not paying enough attention to their surroundings. I feel crossovers/SUVs are the car du jour for those types of drivers.

Doesn’t mean every crossover driver is a dick. Just that a lot of dicks do buy them.
  • Agreed, agreed. I once watched some docco that studied a driver of an SUV and one of a normal car and compared their driving styles, and then got them to swap vehicles. It showed how much of a bubble the SUV was, how complacent their driving style had become and how the guy shat it when he was put into a normal car. Not conclusive for all SUV drivers no, but it anecdotally backs up what I encounter far too often. Spatial awareness goes out the window in particular, and our narrow Yorkshire streets (cue brass band) aren't built for these cars. The amount of times I get stuck behind some tool in an SUV who can't thread his Range down a tightly parked street when traffic is oncoming is maddening.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Wow the Yamaha YZFR 125 is a sexy little bike. Watched a video or two of the new one on YouTube. A guy riding round London was a great one to show the pick up and traffic point and squirt

Sexy as fuck. Nippy too. But £4799 for a 125? Ouch. Then you got kit and insurance double ouch. £750 to insure it where the Suzuki Gixer 125 is £435
    PSN - minkymu
  • Oh dear...new C Class interior is all touchscreen (apart from steering wheel controls). The AMG version twin turbo v8's are gone as well. All 4 cylinder now. C63 fanboys will be crying.

• I like the virtual cockpit.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Looks like an A class which is worse
    PSN - minkymu
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Wow the Yamaha YZFR 125 is a sexy little bike. Watched a video or two of the new one on YouTube. A guy riding round London was a great one to show the pick up and traffic point and squirt Sexy as fuck. Nippy too. But £4799 for a 125? Ouch. Then you got kit and insurance double ouch. £750 to insure it where the Suzuki Gixer 125 is £435

I'd rather have the MT-125, but that's also overpriced. The only thing stopping you from getting a much better bike for the same money is a licence, although you'd have to pay £600+ for one.
  • Bob wrote:
    I like the virtual cockpit.

Whats a ten year old C-class dashboard gonna look like when it ends up on bobs car lot? Surely Mercedes are gonna charge a small fortune for replacement screens for dashboard.

This is where i think the digital virtual cockpits will age badly and where analogue dashboard works better. Also i hate touchscreen controls for HVAC and sound.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    I like the virtual cockpit.
    Whats a ten year old C-class dashboard gonna look like when it ends up on bobs car lot? Surely Mercedes are gonna charge a small fortune for replacement screens for dashboard. This is where i think the digital virtual cockpits will age badly and where analogue dashboard works better. Also i hate touchscreen controls for HVAC and sound.

This. I think Merc had it nailed with the current gen setup. Kept the physical switches for the most used stuff and just the touch screen/trackpad for the hardly used features. It works really well.

What's a bit sad is they seem to be chasing the Tesla approach. But the inside of a Tesla looks utter shit. I can't imagine anyone is buying a Tesla for the interior.
  • The law is so out of date for the tech. I cant operate a mobile while driving a car but i can piss around on my touchscreen(s) doing stuff while not paying attention to the road at all.

I agree about tesla interior. One giant ipad. Its shite.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    The law is so out of date for the tech. I cant operate a mobile while driving a car but i can piss around on my touchscreen(s) doing stuff while not paying attention to the road at all.

I agree about tesla interior. One giant ipad. Its shite.

Well... Technically you can't. You'd be driving without due care and attention
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's a Merc.
  • Its a shame that the reliability of JLR products is so shit. I really do like the new Defender. Not in a position to own one but it seems though JLR are missing a trick. LandRovers/RangeRovers are so blooming popular. Fix the reliability issues going forwards and than can only increase the brands reputation and increase sales.
  • Note to self, stop having youtube car reviews on in background. Now i really want a BMW M2 and a Porsche 718 Boxster 4.0 GTS.

Really need to win euromillions rollover..
  • Cross posting because I put this in the science thread and then realised it might be better here.

poprock wrote:
    This is a potential game-changer. Toyota will have a standalone, changeable, hydrogen fuel cell on sale this spring. Plug and play for any electric vehicle maker. 

https://media.toyota.co.uk/2021/02/toyota-develops-compact-hydrogen-fuel-cell-system-module-for-customer-use/

Useless without hydrogen infrastructure, of course. But it’s a hell of a thing.
  • I hope it takes off. Wish they’d license it like Volvo licensed the 3-point seatbelt
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Changeable??? That's the big thing, needs a single format though, so if you aren't carrying four spares, you can pop into a service station and chop in the old for a new. Is it difficult to change?? I mean it could be that it's changeable for need than the cost of the car, or it could be a user serviceable part, the latter needs to be the case
    Sounds promising though
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It’s basically the fuel cell parts from Toyota’s latest hydrogen cars, packaged up in a single box that you can just drop in instead of a battery. Cool idea.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Intriguing. Will be interesting to see what size (the fuel cell bit) and price these are. Bear in mind that these cars do still need a battery (although presumably a somewhat smaller battery than a pure EV) so it's a cleaner version of a hybrid.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!