Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    No, no. This is what Minky signed up for. He likes the crazy.

And to be fair she threw her dinner at him, not his, so he could still eat
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Right o im going to hijack this thread with my midlife crisis.

The corsa sri vx blackline thingy i have in white is getting sold. Not using it at all. Working at home and when we do go out we go in the big car, ie hers.

So we made a deal as I didn’t want to sell the car, shes right its not been used, so its up for £10k and im allowed to get what ive always wanted......

A fucking motorbike... Yaaaaaas.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Not doing long journeys if i get this new job, literally 10 min drive, so bike it is for at least 80% of the year anyhow. (Maybe 60% lol)

Starting small as I haven’t ridden in 30 years, and never legally, so 125 it is.

I’m going for a nice white Suzuki GSXR 125, similar blue highlights to the old RGV250 i always lusted after as a teen. Sadly no hot pink on it
    PSN - minkymu
  • Brum brum neeeeeeerrrrrrr ne ne neeeeeer
    PSN - minkymu
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Why not pass the mods and get a bigger bike?

4T 125s are a bit slow unless it's urban riding (or for yoots with no choice), get pushed around by the wind, and their skinny tyres are good for rapid changes in direction, but skittish on bad roads. I really wouldn't fancy anything smaller than my 400, but that's down to its size and weight much more than its power, which is pretty good.

https://www.visordown.com/features/top-10s/top-10-a2-legal-motorcycles-2020

The only 125 I'd be down for is a Grom, Z125 Pro or TNT!

• Only doing urban.

Im restricted via seat height too cos im a short arse. Gotta be below 800
    PSN - minkymu
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Proper mid life crisis stuff. Do you have a secretary you could have an affair with?
  • Ha ha i already have a girlfriend thats 26 years younger than me so i’m all good on that front
    PSN - minkymu
  • No seriously, no long term girlfriend/wife has ever been pro bike so i never got one. So fuck it im 50 this June, im just gonna get one.

The lure of the 125 is the skill involved, keeping it on the revs, keeping the fastest line, wringing its neck. Theres also not enough power for me to get stupid with. Although i’m aware i can still kill myself at 30mph
    PSN - minkymu
  • Holy shot the Honda Grom looks hilarious. I really want one of them now. Fuck a sports 125 off. This things wheelies on request.

Only 58mph top but then im only going about 4 miles to work all non motorway.

I will also look like Donkey Kong in Mario kart but fuck it. Lolz
    PSN - minkymu
  • E2-C05649-3090-470-F-B1-BA-8942582-D2-FC3.jpg

I can get one of them
    For £3400
    PSN - minkymu
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm sure the Gixxer's fun away from busy roads, but for comfort it's definitely a young person's bike.

The Grom's a popular stuntbike for beginners in the US, which is probably the best recommendation for it. I'd love to test one against the TNT.

I don't think the Z125 Pro's available in the UK any more, and the Z125 is actually a normal-sized version. You'd probably find the Z125 a lot more comfortable than the GSX-R.

https://www.benelli.co.uk/new-bikes/bike/2020-benelli-tnt-125cc-571
  • The embargo lifted on the new 911 GT3 at lunchtime, so here’s a couple of videos.

This is the one car I think is allowed to bang on at length about its Nürburgring times, since that’s exactly what a lot of buyers are doing with it. A 911 GT3 is for cruising across across Europe, slamming around a racetrack or two, then cruising back home again via the Riviera – and being the fastest on the track while you’re there.

So here’s the Nürburgring video on Porsche TV:
    https://newstv.porsche.com/en/embed/173304.html

And here’s the fluffy marketing video for normal people.

I like the styling of this one. I like the aero ducts at the front of the bonnet. And I like the little ducktail spoiler beneath the whopping GT3 one.
  • But is it going to to beat the GT2 911 RS MR around the nurburging?
  • These comparisons are always moot, if you ask me. Different drivers on different days. Put the best ’ring driver in a slower car and they could still win.

It’s just dick-waving from the manufacturers, and it’s mostly just done because it’s always been done. Relevant or not. They need a metric to shout about and this is the accepted one.
  • In the case of the GT2 911RS MR though it broke the lap record for portimao in Portugal as well which included hypercars. Chris Harris said it was bonkers. One of the best cars he's ever driven.
  • I wouldn’t expect any different, Chris prefers RWD in his 911s.
  • poprock wrote:
    These comparisons are always moot, if you ask me. Different drivers on different days. Put the best ’ring driver in a slower car and they could still win.

It’s just dick-waving from the manufacturers, and it’s mostly just done because it’s always been done. Relevant or not. They need a metric to shout about and this is the accepted one.
    They need a ring stig
    The Forum Herald™
  • Chris Harris calls out a cunt of a youtube influencer. Kickingnoff on youtube as Mr JWW (the alledged youtuber) has blamed his agent. Be intetesting to see how this affects his subscriber base.

Screenshot-20210217-123501-Chrome.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/02/whats-going-on-with-that-chris-harris-litchfield-mr-jww-twitter-storm/
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Immediately invites Harris onto podcast, of course you would, more hits for you. If you really wanted to discuss it, go onto his channel and have no links or mentions of your channel???
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • He posted a video reply (Mr JWW) (but dont click and give him any views). Posh privileged twat. I never subscribed to his stuff.

• Bunch of drama-llamas.

Anyone see the new McLaren? Very noice. The new Bugatti? Frightening. And that jag land rover news was... Inevitable, yes?
  • Rather Jag Land Rover worked on the worst reliability in the industry of their cars than the all electric push.

• The McLaren is going to do its job well, and prop the company up for a few more years. It’s the basis for all their future plans. They make great cars, but don’t have the customer loyalty and second hand values to be a long-term player yet. I’m pretty sure they’ll get there though. Engineering wise, it’s a big deal. Their first in-house core tub/chassis. First full hybrid engine. Etc.

Bugatti can fuck the fuck off. They’re a mess. Do Rivian own them yet?

Pivoting Jaguar to full electric makes a lot of sense to me. Get on to the inevitable gravy train of electric luxury cars. Smoother, quieter, sleeker. Rolls Royce will own the sector, but Jaguar can slide on in there quite nicely for the lower budget customers. Fair play to them.
  • Tbf vw group will own the electric sector
    PSN - minkymu
  • All using tech from Rivian.
  • I'm still driving the ex's mum's Honda Jazz. Its locks are fucked to the point it never gets locked anymore in case it never opens again. 

Every now and again a random will rifle through the glovebox to see what's there and you can only tell because they don't bother to close it again. Somebody recently left a note on the passenger seat that said "this car is shit". It never ever refuses to start although it makes some very odd noises and I'm very fond of it.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Somebody recently left a note on the passenger seat that said "this car is shit".
    That's some gold standard trolling.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • New Quashqai revealed. This model has alot to live up to.

Lol Namco have created the door closing sound. Yep Namco.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!