Noise bands & rare label opus -WE GOT A REKID IN HERE : Noise For Badgers Volume One -ZIP AVAILABLE
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Cheers Mr B.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just about finished, just a few more minutes to get my tracks on there.

@BtRnutlet, I presume this is the correct artwork for the Fushitsusha track?

R-719725-1191499767.jpeg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Okay, artwork and track info done and this is uploading now, apparently it should be ready for grabbing in about 40 minutes. In the end, I just put the tracks in the order that they were listed on here, so Stormy's five kick it off, and my five end it. Personally, I think I'm likely to listen to these in batches of five anyway.

Incidentally, the five I picked were:

1. Refused - New Noise. Can I scream? Why yes, you clearly can.

2. At the Drive-in - Initiation. Wasn't sure whether to go for an AtDi track as they're not exactly unknown, but they were one of my main introductions into the world of post-hardcore and this is one of their lesser known tracks as well as one of their best, so I went for it. Love the twin-vocal attack on this.

3. Drive Like Jehu - Luau. The centre piece of Yank Crime, one of my favourite albums of all time, as well as giving birth to the complicated post-hardcore which is just about my favourite style of music in the world.

4. Mogwai - Ratts of the Capital. Mogwai do noise amazingly well, and this track features both some of the most beautiful noise they've ever recorded, as well as one of their heaviest sections. I felt they deserved a place on here somewhere.

5. Slint - Good Morning Captain. As I decided to allow myself the end of the album, I could think of no better track to close us out on. A bit strange, a bit different, nothing like anything I'd heard before I heard this, but absolutely stunning. Plus, probably the best use of harmonics in anything ever.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yay! We're done!
  • Great work Yoss.  Just had a look in the DB, 24 tracks already up, will have another look in half an hour or so.  And nice selection btw.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It am uploaded and ready for grabbing.
  • Grabbed it.  Three hours of noise, awesome.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    So looking forward to this. Nice one man.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Uploaded where? Am I just to d/l the whole dropbox folder?
  • The Noise For Badgers folder?  Yeah, it's what I did.
  • Just about to start listening, dunno if I'll get it finished tonight but I'll try.

Noise For Badgers Vol. 1

stormyskiesahead
    01. White Suns - Cenote
    02. Daughters - The Theatre Goer
    03. Let Our Enemies Beware - Fools! Philistines! Heretics And Whores!  
    04. Six Finger Satellite - Half Control
    05. Lightning Bolt - Colossus 

Mangman
    06. Add N To (X) - Brothel Charge
    07. Pelican - GW 
    08. Shellac - Prayer to God
    09. Venetian Snares - Chinaski
    10. Maybeshewill - Not for Want of Trying

Brooks
    11. Severed Heads - I Stand On My Head
    12. Sutterlin - Disco Life
    13. Ramleh - Redcap Part II
    14. Psyclones - Rockin' The Cong
    15. NHK - 07414_0833

Mal0wner
    16. SLAB! - People Pie
    17. Happy Flowers - Mom, I Gave the Cat Some Acid
    18. Sielwolf - Beweglich Animalisch
    19. Pussy Galore - Yü-Gung
    20. Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel - Enter the Exterminator

Beano
    21. 12welve - Sete Mil Vezes
    22. Barberos - Moon Boots
    23. Divorce - Stabby (Stabby) Stab
    24. PNEU - Autosafe Unicorn
    25. Stig Noise - When Chit became Chat

BtRnutlet
    26. Workin' Man Noise Unit - Rat Poison
    27. Brainbombs - My Place
    28. Alberich - Virgins
    29. Total Control - Carpet Rash
    30. Fushitsusha - 03

Yossarian
    31. Refused - New Noise
    32. At the Drive-in - Initiation
    33. Drive Like Jehu - Luau
    34. Mogwai - Ratts of the Capital
    35. Slint - Good Morning Captain
  • Only managed the first fifteen last night, and liked every damned one of them.  I know and love the Pelican and Shellac tracks Mangman posted but the others were all new.  Add N To (X) and Venetian Snares caused involuntary body movements aplenty while Severed Heads, NHK, and Ramleh rewarded in a lovely, dirty, fucked up kinda way.  Psyclones and Sutterlin were grin inducers and Maybeshewill sent shivers down my spine.  

More tonight, after another go at these that is.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've just realised that I fully intended to put some Death From Above 1979 in my selection, but managed to forget when working out the track list. Not sure what I would have removed from there to make way for it, mind. To make up for it, I'll just have to post a track here instead:

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Come to think of it, this has provided a couple of ideas for the 'Curated by...' playlist.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    No one will do it.

Mom, I gave the Cat Some Acid, was the first tune make a cheshire cat grin and chortle.

That NHK track made me twitch!

Going through this while working (and when I can) today has been great!

Oh, fuck SIELWOLF. ((O:
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Oooh, didn't realise this was going on in here. I'll DL this tonight.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Just thought, should this be in off topic Talk?
  • You might want to separate out the OG thread and the playlist creation, for tidyness sake.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Sielwolf, Pussy Galore, and Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel, oh my!  Love Divorce and that track's a belter.  I've listened to a bit of PNEU and Barberos since Beano first posted about 'em in here and dig Autosafe Unicorn, hadn't heard Moon Boots though, great stuff.  Stig Noise kinda blew me away.

Twenty five tracks down.  All good.  Ten to go.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    @BtRnutlet, I presume this is the correct artwork for the Fushitsusha track? R-719725-1191499767.jpeg

Hmm that image won't load for me, they use pretty much the same cover on all their albums, like this: http://img1.ph.126.net/YReHgTlk8C0LotosCOA-iw==/2727492524343422621.jpg
    3DS: 0602-6313-2789 // ACNL Town: Clavius
    http://www.blowthereactors.blogspot.co.uk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That's what I found. Result.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I love the genre list in this.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I really liked the 15mins of Fushitsusha. Interesting name for a band, no idea what it might mean though.
  • Yup it's great, I've only recently started getting into Keiji Haino and this was a welcome surprise.  Seems Keiji thought he'd coined the word 'Fushitsusha' himself but it already existed (with a different meaning) in Buddhism.  Linky.

Finished my first full playthrough last night, highlights from the last ten tracks were the already mentioned Fushitsusha, Alberich, Workin' Man Noise Unit, and well, all of Yoss's picks of which Mogwai was the only one I didn't know.  

Thirty five tracks over three hours and not a single one I disliked.  Extra special mentions go to Maybeshewill, NHK, Sielwolf, Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel, Divorce, Stig Noise, Fushitsusha, and Slint.  Big pat on the back to Yoss for the idea and sorting it out, Beano for helping with the tagging, and everyone involved for the awesome tunes.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's deffo got bandcamp / spotify / google music derived searches and a few more playthroughs. Top draw. Nice effort Yossman.
  • Indeed, I've added about twenty albums to my Spotify playlists so far (multiple albums from some bands), will head to Bandcamp for a few more without doubt.

Up to NHK on my second playthrough.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Big pat on the back to Yoss for the idea and sorting it out.
    beano wrote:
    Nice effort Yossman.

Cheers, but it was done for entirely selfish reasons so no thanks are necessary.
  • Glad people are digging Fushitsusha. Their album "Live 2nd" is the one to start with, it's one of the greatest things ever concieved. I'm not really into David Keenan's writing but he hits the nail firmly on the head with this:

""the greatest rock band on the planet... At this point in time I think it’s safe to say that no one else has so successfully and rigorously disinterred and interrogated the basic tenets of rock music as Fushitsusha and to think that at 60 years old Haino is still making the most radical and searching rock music of anyone’s career is a tribute to his commitment to the specifics of vision and his belief in the potential of the form. From where I’m sitting it feels like the whole history of rock music has led up to this." - Volcanic Tongue"
    3DS: 0602-6313-2789 // ACNL Town: Clavius
    http://www.blowthereactors.blogspot.co.uk
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    As it turns out Drop The Dumbells, the prodigal son of Don't Drop The Dumbells has had the rug pulled from under it by some nasty capitalists leaving this venue to have no option but to close. I'm not sure of the specifics as yet but there will be a sad but well celebrated weekender.

http://www.sevenstreets.com/6203/they-aint-heavy/ <- notes on the close of DDTD.

http://www.sevenstreets.com/19304/drop-the-dumbells-returns-holds-festival-this-weekend/ <- Dumbells returns.

It's more or less a year ago that the new place opened with Divorce. t will be mid September when it closes.

I'll get details on what's going down, but I can guess The Bendal Interlude, Stig Noise, Americans and perhaps Paddy Steer will play. Folks who want to pop to Liverpool and crash at mine as a means to experience this place are welcome.
  • This has become my default playlist for Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX2.  Pinball, noise, and strong coffee.  I am a bit jittery right now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!