PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    per minute.

And per second if your friend is really nice even though you are married, erm, so my mate tells me.

Yeah my mate, that's it, my mate. He's the one that told me, not me thinking it before you ring any papers.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    what does Dag mean? My housemate is nicknamed Dag but its because of Darkplace.

"The literal meaning is a dung-caked lock of wool around the hindquarters of a sheep - an abbreviation of "daglock""

Also slang for unfashunable but lovable tit.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    I know the OP was about more than conspiracies, but having JFK-was-killed-by-his-own-government in the same thread as Derren-Brown-is-a-cheap-con-artist and organic-bananas-taste-better is not helping me take any of it any more seriously than I do now.

I dunno, it's interesting fodder still. Might have to treat the thread like a time capsule and do it agin in 5 years, and see if people think they were wrong again.

Also, interesting to note, with hypnosis and Derren Brown et al, that there's plenty of people willing to defend the methods if they've had personal experience.

Trying not to be in a glass house, but it does rather strike me as vintage anecdotal evidence. And a perfect storm for people to not admit they could have been fooled/duped etc.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I tried a Stop Smoking hypnosis CD once. It worked.

Well, it didn't because I still smoke, but I was convinced the fags I had the next day tasted really really bad. Fair had to choke them down.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    So you're saying the CD worked, as in played through and didn't skip and that.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    No no, it actually temporarily re-wired my brain. Or made me think it had, which is the same thing I guess.

Isn't meditation a kind of self inflicted hypnosis?
  • Face, interesting to think you thought crop circles might be true, which is quite alarming/amusing, but you deserve some credit for admitting it, especially here. 

Personally, I think I was wrong in 1978 once, but I may be wrong about that. (big smiley wink thing - I have to actually type that because my keyboard is in Communist Eastern European or something, and does not allow such things. This is actually true.)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Send me a PM, my Brother knows a guy who's friends with someone in the Party. I can get you a western keyboard. One hundred American dollars.
  • I like my keyboard. It's taken years of training for it to be this angry.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Suit yourself. I can get Levi's 501 as well.

Two hundred dollar.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Untitled-40.png

Hah!
  • I'll take a lock of your hair for five hundred pounds.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Isn't meditation a kind of self inflicted hypnosis?

Meditation is hypnosis; placebos, both. They're equally as effective to the believer, increasing in efficacy in parallel to the strength of personal belief. Yoss is correct in all he said.

Hypno is real and unreal at a stroke. Yes, the hypno controls my hands...

Said Jim.

I mean jesus, B (metal guru, is that you?), Young Jiminy I can almost dig, but Old Terrahawks Top?!

What was I gonna say...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Oh yeah: I was real upset when Rock fancied Skerret but not me. But krs doesn't want either, so who's the winner? Hey, hey! Who's winning?!

Organic food is better - for obvious reasons - if it hasn't lain around. Supermarkets are quite far-fetched with their is-it-still-worthy-of-an-O-label regs. I keep meaning to plant spuds and mint and carrots and things in my garden. I'd love chickens, but I haven't checked if chickens are hostile to neighbouring coops.

I only popped by for a Richgate update. Must dash.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    At one point Rock and Muse had tag team designs on my bottom. It's all on Twatter.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Rock and Muse were cued until the moobs.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    There are no moobs.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ah, Schrodinger's fat.
  • One final example, although not so clearly a case of right or wrong, is how much my political leaning has changed. As recently as when I first joined this forum, I'd probably have been considered rather right-wing. I had what I'd consider a very short-sighted, simplistic world view, was very trusting of authority, and had a natural rebellion against anyone I perceived to be 'over-intellectualising' issues or presenting ideas that went against the grain.
    I was fairly typical cynic/apathetic liberal politically until about 8 or 9 years ago. I remember in early 2003 having an argument with a mate about the Iraq War and telling him how it wasn't a bad thing - we were getting rid of Saddam, and hey it's better for 'us' to be in charge of all the weapons than 'them'. It's not like I believed the conspiracy theories about Saddam being connected to Al-Qaida or anything (and come on, that was a conspiracy theory!), was just pretty ignorant. Not long after I started reading some political books etc. and realised how factually deficient a lot of my opinions were.

I always had a better idea about the Israel-Palestine conflict because we actually studied it in GCSE History, and it was very well taught. Even so, years later I'd reached the point of thinking that they were both as bad as each other, or something like that, based on the news coverage.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Israel-Palestine

Important history, but neither's had the faintest whiff of roses about them for decades. War's a shit business.
  • Without wanting to get into it - the important thing to remember is it's not a 'conflict' in all the senses that implies, it's an occupation.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    'Tis, but rightful as the frame you hold is, the painting within is tarnished by reasons of belief ahead of provisions and care for loved ones.

I'd have waited for concessions to fail and moved on, in other words, because the fallout is now several shades more ruinous than the catalyst was wrong.
  • Skerret wrote:
    what does Dag mean? My housemate is nicknamed Dag but its because of Darkplace.
    "The literal meaning is a dung-caked lock of wool around the hindquarters of a sheep - an abbreviation of "daglock"" Also slang for unfashunable but lovable tit.

Perfect description of my housemate. He is also a bit like a dung-caked lock of wool around the hindquarters of a sheep.
  • with a state of anarchism and community lived purely in the virtual world.
    Can't be a coinkydink that these relationships are arising in an environment that's essentially post-scarcity.
  • Face, interesting to think you thought crop circles might be true, which is quite alarming/amusing, but you deserve some credit for admitting it, especially here. 

I'm not that embarrassed about it, it's just more interesting to me these days the process of getting from thinking dumb shit is true to working out it's not. All through high school I was largely bored by the hard graft of fact checking. Didn't touch non-fiction and did my best to spend a lot of time in fantasy land. I recall being quite strongly effected by 9/11, and even moreso stuck my head in to fantasy/SF books and went lalalala with my fingers in my ear.

The extent to which I thought crop circles were unexplained kinda went as far as the few random "documentaries" that you'd see at odd hours on late night TV and such, and I always thought they'd been there for hundreds of years and couldn't be explained as they were so straight etc etc. So unexplained = could be true, and I wanted it to be aliens. obviously, I wasn't pondering this 24/7 or anything, it was just one of those passive "mysteries."

Then, as mentioned, saw a particular doco (will hunt the 'tube later for it) which was completely one sided and left out heaps of obvious stuff, but was swept up in the purdy music and purdy paterns. Very next day I wanted to find out more, and, as I say, it only took a quick google to pretty much destroy the mystery.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So, what was really bad about DBs lottery stunt? I never researched how he did it really...

I'm a sucker for conspiracies, my favourite being that the government/energy companies know how to save us all from ourselves with some renewable source but won't because of how powerful oil companies are. Or, people just won't invest into it for the same reasons.

And that I'm a lizard.
  • He had a camera on a rig that mimicked the motion of a handheld camera, and could be exactly copied by another camera, so that a bit of screen wiping meant you couldn't see somebody writing the numbers as they were announced.  Having made a name for himself as a man who did clever stunts involving confidence, hypnosis, cold-reading and so on it was a pretty cheap-shot camera trick.  He pretty much undermined himself.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    He had a camera on a rig that mimicked the motion of a handheld camera, and could be exactly copied by another camera, so that a bit of screen wiping meant you couldn't see somebody writing the numbers as they were announced.  Having made a name for himself as a man who did clever stunts involving confidence, hypnosis, cold-reading and so on it was a pretty cheap-shot camera trick.  He pretty much undermined himself.

Wow, that is poor form. I do still like him or rather his shows, but the episode where he did the horse racing thing really bugged me as he essentially just repeated things until he achieved the results he wanted, implying that he'd do this EVERY time. I like the fact he has a taxidermy giraffe or two in his house mind...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!