Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Okay, less keen than I was on Ultra S/M - got sent a clip of a podcast by my brother where the host basically says all the new gubbins comes after the end of the main plot. Not sure I can be bothered to play through everything I've done already just to get to the new stuff.

Only question now, I suppose, is whether I wait for Pokemon Switch Ver., or go back and try some of the older entries in the series that I missed first time around. (Particularly Platinum and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I loved alpha sapphire, that’s be my recommendation since switch version will probably be next winter at the earliest.

Playing through US now and I’m really enjoying it, playing with new mons, and as a different gender so it doesn’t feel too similar. I mean, I’m a fan but they’re all basically the same game anyway...
  • There are two gyms near me that I end up holding for bloody ages once taken.
    They aren't even in the middle of nowhere. One is a church on a main road surrounded by terrace streets and a chippy next door.

The other is in a band stand at the park, the odd thing is there is another gym 30m away with a pokestop between them. The other gym is always changing hands but my Flareon has been at the band stand for 7 hours now, manning it solo.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I kinda regret jumping on the black-n-blue New 2DS, as the Pokeball edition is a thing of beauty.

pokemon-nintendo-2ds.jpg

It looks like Japan is getting a Pikachu version, too, but it's not as nice. (IMHO, YMMV.)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    That is absolutely disgusting.
    Get schwifty.
  • Had a great day on Go today.

Evolved 4 new 'mon and a more powerful kingler.
    Caught another Evee.
    Caught a Ditto! Didn't know that could happen, great fun.
    Plus caught 5 other new 'mon.
    Two candys for my Charmander buddy.
    Hatched a 10km egg and got a Sableye.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:

Ban request.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Ban request.

Granted.  Nice knowing you, Swirl, but please come back when you’ve sorted your taste out.
    Get schwifty.
  • Had a great day on Go today. Evolved 4 new 'mon and a more powerful kingler. Caught another Evee. Caught a Ditto! Didn't know that could happen, great fun. Plus caught 5 other new 'mon. Two candys for my Charmander buddy. Hatched a 10km egg and got a Sableye.

Evolved a claffable last night, the buddy system for walking really works well. I was a bit dubious to start with but it's working well.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Mareep was my buddy for month's, never seen a Mareep nest & it's shit ton of candy so walked that fecker for miles. If you ever see a Mareep nest or hear of one get on it because the bugger is also a rare spawn in any of its forms.

241/247 Hoping the birds & Lugia make a return soon. Got 2 final evo's of the gen 2 starters left(my fault for not hitting raid gyms when they were knocking about in them) & apart from event poke's I'm done & hopefully in time for gen 3.
  • There is an update coming soon that is adding 50 new Pokemon.
    It will also add real time weather effects, so if it is raining in real life it rains in the game.
    Apparently this will have a small effect on what Pokemon appear and the power of certain types. So in the rain there will be more water Pokemon and Water Pokemon will get a buff when battling.
  • yeah looks good :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Ban request.

Granted.  Nice knowing you, Swirl, but please come back when you’ve sorted your taste out.

:D
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm at 70 caught Pokémon now, level 19. Last few days I haven't seen that many around, start to feel like I need to go to new places to see new ones too. Although the hike in the weekend gave me mostly the same Pokémon too, and a CP694 Ponyta.

Thinking of evolving my goldeen, it's currently cp468, IV's are 84% and has a B and C move in pokegenie. Not the ultimate but decent enough. Got enough candy to evolve and it should be a seaking with cp961 after that, so I'll have something to have a go at while attacking gyms.
    Also hatched a cp565 Skarmory with great IV's, but that candy will be hard to get to get it fully leveled up. What's that "buddy up" your were talking about @cindemon?

The actual useful Pokémon seem to be quite uninteresting isn't it? Always see the same in gyms, snorlax, rhydon, blissey, arcane, tyranitar etc. Did a bit of reading and people seemed to be unimpressed, loads of them just have bad base values and will never be good enough.

Don't think the weather update will do that much here, it's either sunny or slightly cloudy. Sometimes wind. Sometimes everything's on fire, but I doubt they'll put that in game.
  • buddy is the best thing. Click on your characters avatar and then buddy, pick a pokemon and then they are now your buddy. When you walk they walk with you and eventually (slowly - depending on the 'mon) you earn candy. 

It helps to evolve pokemon which aren't common. 

The most common/strongest pokemon for gyms are Tyranator, Rhydon, Blissey, Gyrados Snorlax. They have very tough HP and strong defensive movesets. To be honest though, here, you also see quite a variety where people try to "load up" cool gyms, like all varieties of evee evolutions (vapereon etc) or all pink mons. But that tends to be people raiding/attacking gyms in groups.
  • I more or less only buddy Magikarp/Gyrados. The others are rarely worth it IMO.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Had a look at a buddy chart, I've got a pidgey buddy for now, it's also 1km/candy and it'll help me to get the candy to do the lucky egg trick at some point.

Most of my Pokémon are still a bit low in their CP, so I haven't evolved or powered up anything yet. Getting most of my candy by transferring all the useless double ones.
  • Unless you like near water and have a ready supply of Magikarp I'd suggest switching to Magikarp (if you have one that is!).
  • My Charmander goes everywhere with me.
    Not fussed if it is technically the best move, he is my boy.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hm, I only have a cp14 one, so I could go for the candy. Not many magikarps in my area, not sure how the beaches here are.

But I'm not gonna evolve the 14cp one, is it still worth collecting the candy right now? At least the pidgey candy will be used
  • 400 candy is a lot of walking.
  • @Nina when you get a mo have a read of this...

https://pkmngotrading.com/wiki/Biomes

If my daughter wants Magikarp candy or the chance to get a decent one we choose to walk the waterfront when we are out playing rather than a local park etc. Obviously other water pokemon are available but certain others will also spawn in that biome also. For example all the Dratini's I've caught in the wild(& it's not been a lot, lol) have been on the centers waterfront.

It's not only biomes to consider, & on this I'm not 100% sure, but key words on google maps or what ever source system Niantic use, may play a part. For example, last Friday morning I hit a Sunkern nest & in the park on OpenStreetMap there is a pond called "The Duck Pond", as I approached it 4 Psyduck spawned. Sunkern everywhere apart from this pond, but on Google maps it's called "Fish Pond" coincidence, who knows.

For more, decent & probably more accurate info search that reddit I linked.

The best way to start getting entries/candy I've found are a combination of hitting city centres & reading the local & surrounding Facebook groups on nest locations. At the mo, my daughter wants a Vaporeon & an Espeon, so last Sunday was spent farming an Eevee nest(remember nest generally change every 2 weeks) for 90 or so mins before we meet up with the weekend raid group to do our standard 2 raids before going home.

As for what to evolve, it's really up to you. Are you chasing dex completion or trying to put a team/s together for raids or both? The hard-core will always go DPS, but I've always played the game where I want variety of the same type which is why I have gone down the if I was a gym leader route. For example, I have 4 close to max/maxed (for my level)Grass types, Exeggutor, Venusaur, Victreebel & Vileplume rather than 4 Exeggutors. It keeps it fresh for me rather than trying to get a team of the same "best in thier DPS class" 'mon. I used to hate the old gym system as gyms would be full of Snorlax & Chansey, at least now, like MK said there is a bit of variety to gyms these days but most times is generally the same 6, but I do get surprised every now & then.

Also new vid out.

https://youtu.be/dUztYCMZYls
  • Do you guys not find getting into it that much takes the magic out of it a bit?
    I mean, it's not really a very deep game, there is little to no gameplay.

I just take the dog for a walk and see what I come across.
    It's exciting when a Wartortle appears at the duck pond, if I had analysed areas where Wartortle appears and gone there it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun and potentially frustrating when one doesn't show.
  • Nina wrote:
    Thinking of evolving my goldeen, it's currently cp468, IV's are 84% and has a B and C move in pokegenie. Not the ultimate but decent enough. Got enough candy to evolve and it should be a seaking with cp961 after that, so I'll have something to have a go at while attacking gyms.

Also please be aware that when you evolve you get new moves. A TM from a raid drop can change fast/charge moves, but whilst not quite as important as Stardust, imo, TM's should only be used on your keepers.

• 1 Magikarp candy is one stop closer to lovely Gyrados.

1 Pidgey candy is 1/12th of 1000xp.

Your call what's more valuable. (But it's definitely the 1/400th of a Gyrados!)
  • Do you guys not find getting into it that much takes the magic out of it a bit?
    I mean, it's not really a very deep game, there is little to no gameplay.

I just take the dog for a walk and see what I come across.
    It's exciting when a Wartortle appears at the duck pond, if I had analysed areas where Wartortle appears and gone there it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun and potentially frustrating when one doesn't show.

Bah, lost a long reply to this, sorry live.

Yes it's not a deep game, I agree, but as with any game, it's how you want to approach it. Nests are part of the game & when one is spawning what I need I will try to make a visit especially if I know it's a cluster spawn nest as that & pinap berries is a fantastic candy source for evo's or powering up battle pokes. So no, no magic lost for me, quite the opposite, just wish my local nest was a cluster rather than a frequent spawn nest.

In other news new stardust item has been found in the latest datamine. Called a "star piece" and may work like a lucky egg. Great if you are out about on a grind, even better if you got a few eggs on the go & they hatch, "God tier better" if there is a double stardust event.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/pokemongohub.net/post/breaking-news/pokemon-go-0-85-1-data-mine-generation-iii-new-items-delibird-battle-parties/amp/

• Fair play, each to their own.
    Pinap berries are indeed great, not sure they were in it when I stopped playing last year.

Star piece sounds good if accurate, it definitely needs another way of upping stardust.
  • it definitely needs another way of upping stardust.

Fully agree bud, dust is always needed. The amounts needed to max are crazy.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ok, pidgey buddy changed for a magikarp buddy. Pretty easy to get a couple of km's done on the bike.

@cindemon, ok, so moves change when evolving (could have expected that), will stats remain the same?
    I don't have a real goal at the moment, I'm just catching whatever I encounter, don't think I'll ever get a full dex as I'm sure I missed a lot. For now I'm just focusing on getting some higher CP Pokémon, and try to get a few leveled up to a more decent level so that's it's easier to attack gyms. I don't think I really care about the getting the ones that are considered best, I'm just going with the ones I like the most.
    So I might power up my Skarmory after all, got enough candy to get it close to a 1000CP, so that's better than everything else I have right now.

I'll read up on that link.

@live, I've always enjoyed the number game in Pokémon, so I enjoy it in this one too. I'm not at the point yet where I'm going specific places for a certain Pokémon, but I might do that one I understand it all a bit better. It's a part of the game, not a necessary one though.
  • That's cool.
    Just reread my post, I didn't mean to come over judgey, but it does read a bit that way so apologies if anyone read it like that.

A quick question.
    Am I better off adding CP to Pokemon before evolution or after? Ignoring any XP benefits, Just purely Stardust and Candy.

@Nina.
    I would maybe hold out a bit on spending stardust. I am only a few levels higher than yourself but have numerous Pokemon above 1000cp without having to spend too much on any of them.
    See if you can get a few more, different evolutions going first. You have ranked really quickly, which is great but means you may not have the same variety to pick from.

Also, I think the update has dropped mayber. New splashscreen on load up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!