Pokéthread
  • i'm so close to level 47 in pokemon go what a slog for the xp!

Just hit level 48. So much XP needed now :D
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So what did we make of the Pokémon Presents?

Pokémon Sleep is still alive!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Pokesleep seems a bit wtf
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Pokesleep seems a bit wtf

It's so WTF that I find myself intrigued by it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Thought this'd be the place to ask. I thought it'd be fun to teach some of my kids to sing the Pokemon theme song. Problem is if I find one (on YouTube) with the words on the screen, it also takes away the singing. I need one with both the lyrics on the screen and someone singing, at least while they learn it.

Can anyone help?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    For example, this in not what I want, as it has the words but it's also removed the singing.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bar the typos, that's perfect. Cheers much.
  • Playing Pokémon Violet with the kid. Both noobs. Any one know what feathers do? Any link I find starts going on about EVs and going into weird depth about targeting specific Pokémon and something about sandwiches. I assume we don’t really need these things and it’s leet only.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Basically, to simulate a Pokémon getting stronger from training, your Pokémon accumulate stat points from defeating Pokémon. The stats that are boosted depend on the Pokémon you defeat. So a Pokémon that you train to Level 50 via battles is stronger than a Pokémon that you catch in the wild at Level 50.

Feathers are basically a lazy way of getting that same stat boost via items instead of training.

You're right that it's a somewhat advanced mechanic that you don't need to worry about.
  • mk64 wrote:
    i'm so close to level 47 in pokemon go what a slog for the xp! Just hit level 48. So much XP needed now :D

Just hit level 48, so much XP needed now, i need to start being smarter with my friends levels
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The next mainline Pokemon game arrives in 2025.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Looks like an AI ripoff of Palworld. I expected better from Ninty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Christ the Pokémon phone trading card game is some absolute crack cocaine for me with my Marvel Snap addiction.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Christ the Pokémon phone trading card game is some absolute crack cocaine for me with my Marvel Snap addiction.
    I'm all over that
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Looks like an AI ripoff of Palworld. I expected better from Ninty.

Doesn't look like anything at all, from that trailer. 

Still, interesting. Arceus was top fun, if a bit bare bones. The questions, then, are: is it on Switch, or Switch 2? And is the reveal that it's set in Lumiose City meant to be something exciting?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    People are suggesting that because they use the phrase ‘Nintendo Switch systems’ in the tweet that it might mean Switch 2 but apparently they’ve used that wording before. Legends Arceus came out in January 2022 - if they’re targeting January 2025 I think that would come before the Switch 2 release date. We should get some idea of when Switch 2 might release at the end of March when Nintendo release their financial projections for the coming financial year - if they make it clear that Switch 2 isn’t releasing in the FY25 financial year then it won’t release until April 2025 at the earliest. That means if Legends Z-A is targeting Q1 2025 it’s likely just a Switch game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Logical.

Now, I'm off to Bulbapedia to find out about Lumiose City. (I was kinda hoping that the big reveal would be it was set in Ryme City. Detective Pikachu 4eva.)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It doesn’t look as if there’s much lore about Lumiose City’s history. I wonder if it’s gonna be a Pokémon version of this bit of the history of Paris: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haussmann's_renovation_of_Paris
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Sounds reasonable. Just weird that they made a (relatively) big deal of it in the trailer, if it's not something that's going to make fans spaff themselves inside-out. I honestly thought, given all the stuff about Pokemon and humans living together, it was going to be Ryme City.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just rewatched the trailer. It is a bit weird they make a big deal of revealing the name - it’s already extremely obvious from the visuals it’s Lumiose City so you either already know or have no idea what that is.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    It is a bit weird they make a big deal of revealing the name - it’s already extremely obvious from the visuals it’s Lumiose City so you either already know or have no idea what that is.

Yup. Like I said, given the stuff about living together, and the censored brown folders (giving police vibes), I honestly thought it was going to be set in the same place as the Detective Pikachu games.

Then again, the Pokemon games have along history of lacklustre reveals. Remember the PCs in the first titles? "Hey, the mystery PC belongs to... Bill! Is your mind blown?!!!" Not really, no.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!