Xenoblade Chronicles
  • I want to get back onto it too! Although having only played 5 hours before, I wouldn't quite be getting back to it as much as starting it. Kind of.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    ZOMBIE THREAD REVIVAL.

OK, I thought I was getting near the end of this, but apparently not. So I
    Spoiler:
    but the game didn't end. Right now I'm
    Spoiler:
    . Is this worth doing or should I just plough on? How far from the end am I? My initial estimate was that I'd be done by the 80 or 90 hour mark, but it looks like I'm well past that already.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I sold this after getting halfway through, stopping for a few weeks cos of work, trying to pick it back up but forgetting all the details, not playing it for another year.  Wish I saw it through now.  On the other hand 80-90 hours holy fuck.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wish I saw it through now.  On the other hand 80-90 hours holy fuck.

It's definitely worth playing. Up there with Final Fantasy XII as one of my favourite JRPGs.

But as you say, it does take some dedication. I'd put 80 hours as an absolute minimum, if you're willing to just ignore the majority of side quests and have solid strategies in place for the bosses.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lets give this shiz a go, check out if the hype is fo' real.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Seems good but if its really that much of a timesink fuck knows when I'll play it.
  • I stopped playing due to lack of time. When I tried going back I had no idea where I was or what I needed to do. There were loads of islands connected by weird teleporters.

Anyway, really enjoyed what I played of it, which was a lot.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Seems good but if its really that much of a timesink fuck knows when I'll play it.

In it's favour, I've been playing it on and off since the game came out. I'm still enjoying it and still planning on finishing it. Because all that happens when you die is you go back to the last landmark you passed, you can explore without fear of losing your progress. You keep any XP earned and gear found. Coupled with the ability to save pretty much anywhere at anytime, you can play for ten minutes or four hours.
    The Daddy wrote:
    I stopped playing due to lack of time. When I tried going back I had no idea where I was or what I needed to do.

There's a handy 'plot reminder' thing in the menu. Pop that up with X than tap R to get a brief summary of what you're meant to be doing. Worst comes to worst, explore and do side quests - you'll still have fun, the plot doesn't go on without you, and you'll probably stumble onto the story anyway. I spent 20 hours doing nothing but side quests when I was getting near a big plot point because some of them had the "I'll disappear after a certain plot event" exclamation mark.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!