Life, Fuckbook and other shit
  • I deleted my Facebook ages ago and haven't looked back. I don't miss it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Your friend must be distraught.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I only keep Facebook because I have relatives abroad and 2 of my sisters live elsewhere in the country. Well that and the ability to not just take the piss out of mates in front of those people present but 'in front' of everybody that knows them!
  • That's an interesting point Gonz.

yup

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Totally agree and it extends to concerts, sporting events and pretty much anything else you should be enjoying not faux enjoying while taking photos.

Nice little, related comic strip

Edit: although there were quite a few photos last weekend when I was out as it was Halloween and costumes n that.
  • Does taking pictures mean you are not enjoying the event? I like to take a few snaps of the gigs I go to and it's nice to look back years later and remember the good times.
  • This kind of crap however needs to stay the flip away from my page.

flapbook.jpg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Well, usually the pictures of people at events hardly show the event or venue where they are, they just put there face as close to the camera, and try to frame the cocktails and some friends as well (because, that's the only way you'll remember next day with whom you where, the gps of your phone will confirm location if that's also needed, cocktails are a hint at how "cool" the club is, not a dirty pub with beer, and actual club with exotic cocktails.).

I actually hate it, take nice pictures if you want, but usually there not even instagrammed, how lazy can you be. tsk.
  • This kind of crap however needs to stay the flip away from my page.

flapbook.jpg

Oh god, what is the point?

It's the facebook message equivalent of Coldplay
  • My cousin's daughter imitates her mommy's club/pub facebook antics by posting up pictures of her and her school friends posing and holding milkshakes/can's of pop in the school cafe.

It's kind of adorable in a way though rather than deeply irritating, unlike the thousand-and-one pics of my 'cus and her fuckwit friends having cocktails and duckfacing it up around town every weekend.
  • My cousin has got both her daughters on the damn thing.
    One is around 12, the other 6 or 7.
    Neither says anything of note, and the younger keeps messaging me and my wife, then when we respond says nothing back.
    Both of them are too young to have Facebook accounts.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Adkm, you have shaken my belief system. I always thought it ended at one link, so if someone here married my sister in law, they'd be my wife's brother in law, but to me just my sister in law's husband; not my brother in law too, as they could only be one "step" away from direct family if you see what I mean. 

And Gonz, that's a teeny bit cynical. Whenever I've had a photo taken somewhere nice having fun with friends/colleagues, it's only interrupted the actual fun having for a minute or so, then served as a reminder of the fun I had rather than making me think I was trying to create an impression of having fun.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I have ten people on my friends list. Seven are family, two will be deleted shortly, and one for some reason is Speedhaak.

I have pretty much have everyone's updates blocked, so my timeline is just a beautiful void.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You don't count princess.
  • Ahhh, there was a status a couple of weeks back that was something along the lines of 

"APRIL JONES IF YOU ARE READING THIS PLEASE CONTACT HOME. YOUR PARENTS ARE WORRIED. PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS TO YOUR STATUS TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT"

Fucking annoying that I can't remember who it was that posted it
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    It rips my fucking knitting

krs likes this phrase.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Anyone who post some random bollocks about a critical illness, missing person, natural disaster etc with the last line something along the lines of "Please repost this if you care, if you don't I will know who my friends are" or some other bullshit.

I think I will enact a cull and delete anyone that posts that crap from now on.
  • Some really annoying FB status stuff today. Totally should have got rid of these people ages ago. Not from the same person

"People with small minds are so frustrating! Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts, dreams and beliefs without judgement. Unless you're someone like Jimmy Saville, in which case, your beliefs and thoughts are just plain wrong and you deserve to die"

"
    FOR SALE---- DVDS boxed in mint condition. An audience with Richarn Digence £2. Jim Davidson Live £3. Starlight Express live from Babbacombe House £2 ono. Also selling childs toy pram £3 and real crystal dragons £1 each"
  • A girl I know has posted a warning about people noticing a piece of paper on the rear window of their car and finding themselves being carjacked when they get out the car to remove it.  The language used, as well as the subject matter makes it pretty clear that this originates in America.  It took me about 5 seconds to find out that it was originally posted by a guy in South Carolina. 

Not sure the warning carries much significance in Aberfeldy.
  • Two of my colleagues 'shared' that.  Two people who really ought to know better than to perpetuate that kind of scaremongering.  Idiots.

Does it also not claim to be written by the Police, but use casual and emotive language?
  • I've seen one much the same about an abandoned, bloodied baby seat on the side of the road.

Again, on Thames Valley headed paper but written like a 15 year old on their phone.

Snopes to the rescue again.
  • That was in Taggart in the early 90s.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!