Secret Santa 2012 - The Grand Reveal!!!
  • Big thanks Nexx! I'm loving xcom.

An adjustment in the reveal is that I was Bollockoff's but no biggie.

Thanks again Perm, it was lots of fun.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Big thanks Nexx! I'm loving xcom. An adjustment in the reveal is that I was Bollockoff's but no biggie. Thanks again Perm, it was lots of fun.
    I thought I'd fucked up somehow and panicked but I've just checked and yes you are right, I got them the wrong way around!

I've just looked and a couple of them are wrong! FFS I'm just rechecking them!

EDIT: They should all be right now, it got confusing as obviously only one column is in alphabetical order and I don't want to sort it in case it somehow knocked the actual senders and receivers out of kilter!!!

I'm glad everybody liked it though I am surprised that some people didn't take part...

With regards to 2013 I'd like to take part but I certainly don't mind starting the ball rolling later in the year even if it is just to get a list again of who is willing to take part before I hand over the reigns, what I would say is that the cut-off should be earlier as some people still haven't received their gifts (not apportioning any blame more just circumstance by the sounds of things) and it would be nice for everybody to be able to open their present on Xmas morning wherever they may be spending it. Also photos must be an absolute must to be included in this I think.

Happy Xmas and New Year to all 33 of you that took part, I'm chuffed to have been part of it.
  • Heh, I thought it was Knight. I DON'T NEED A STRATEGY GUIDE YOU WONDERFUL BASTARD.

Loving Consider Phlebas so far. Huge thanks, chum. :)
  • Heh, I thought it was Knight. I DON'T NEED A STRATEGY GUIDE YOU WONDERFUL BASTARD. Loving Consider Phlebas so far. Huge thanks, chum. :)

I've yet to experience the pleasure of killing you in H4 yet but I'm pretty sure you do ;)
    GT: Knight640
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Will hopefully post some pics in the next few days of my pressies. Been really ill all week and they're on my missus camera.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Will hopefully post some pics in the next few days of my pressies. Been really ill all week and they're on my missus camera.
    I know a few people that went down over Xmas, hope you're feeling better...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    Thanks again Perm!  And good to see who my Santa was - cheers again buddy! in fact - solid work all round!!
    your the BEST SANTA EVER X X

You're welcome bro - glad you like it!  :-)
  • Heavy lack of pictures up in here, anyone else picked up their presents and yet to post 'em?
  • Back in the tenth
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • 20130106_164110-1.jpg
    Made my first turkish coffee this morning, don't think I did it right though fist sip was lovely but then I found myself with a half cup of stiff coffee sludge. Candy floss was delicious.
  • Nice. Those candy things are more interesting for their texture. I found them quite bizarre at first.

You always get a fair bit of sludge at the bottom of Turkish coffee, although maybe not half a cup. Use a heaped teaspoon of the powder per cup and stir a fair bit while it's cooking, let it bubble up a bit around the edges then take it off the heat right as it boils. Should be about right.

Also, do feel free not to use those poncey cups I provided. :)
  • Forgot to take & post a pic at xmas, sadly the box of Nutrageous bars is now almost gone.
    2013+-+1
    Thanks again secret santa, you rock!
  • The Reeses bars are superb.  I'm not convinced they're better than Star Bars, but it's close.
  • @adored
    what's the cassette thingy?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • That caught my eye too
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Tempy wrote:
    iPhone cover

One of them.

But for an S3. Good knowledge from my secret santa!
  • Holy shit!! Awesome secret Santa presents!!!

Pics later!!
  • otkyg4.jpg

- Mario Plushie (I hope my SS doesn't mind me giving it to my daughter?!)
    - Lionel Richie Oyster card holder
    - Razor and Razor Blades!
    - Thundercats on DS (and from the screenshots looks quite good!)
    - Kinder (sorry, my wife already started eating them so they're not in the pic!)

awesome, i love all of it! Nuff love Secret Santa
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Sweet. Let us know how you get on with the cut throat. 

Good guides on gentleman's shop btw.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sadly still no sign of my present :'(
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Pretty poor form if you ask me.
  • Is it postage or just that it hasn't been sent? He has been absent from here and Twitter for a while...
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I got a lovely Facebook message from him and obv he's had baby and such, but he did say it had been sent before XMAS. Must be postage.
  • Boo. That's not great. Sad reg is not good.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Canadian postal service is legendary for being about the slowest on the planet reg. It'll probably turn up in time for Easter.

trufax

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Ah reminded me that it used to take four to six weeks between me and my sister writing to each other. Just a letter. 

She was in Vancouver too.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Jesus.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yeah I thought it was normal for airmail until she moved even further away. Then I realised Canada Mail must be awful because the longest we waited after she moved wasn't more than three weeks. 

All this is 20years ago. Anecdotal caveats are what they are. But British Columbia didn't know it wasn't the 80's still until some Ski Cunt brought the internet from Seattle on their iPhone to Whistler so thought it is worth mentioning.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I got a lovely Facebook message from him and obv he's had baby and such, but he did say it had been sent before XMAS. Must be postage.
    Could it still be post-Xmas backlog? I'm in the same situation anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!