The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Not sure if it was planned all along...
    Spoiler:

Didn't think of that. But yeah they were left with few options, unless they just
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I see the Rian Johnson trilogy has been canned (sorry “put on hiatus”). You lose sjw cucks.
  • It's sheer desperation, they spoiled the film just to get fanboys in .

I bet you they asked if it was possible to do an Isis style execution video of Rian johnson on stage and then the fucking lawyers said you can't do it
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It is too late for me son.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's sheer desperation, they spoiled the film just to get fanboys in .

I bet you they asked if it was possible to do an Isis style execution video of Rian johnson on stage and then the fucking lawyers said you can't do it

Unless they SUBVERT YOUR EXPECTATIONS and he comes and goes in the opening scene.
  • Episode 9 will end with Rey looking into a box which lights up suddenly.
  • Episode 9 will end with the sound of Darth Vader's fucking respirator.

The virgin star wars fans will shoot their wads and the jaded Chads will just open their wrists.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It's sheer desperation, they spoiled the film just to get fanboys in .

Actually Abrams was licking Johnson's areshole and the fans in the audience were loving it. We're through the looking glass here.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I expect I will watch it and enjoy it for the bubble gum fantasy space opera about wizards and deamons it is.
  • Okay. Craft a trailer that pushes all the buttons. Simply the fact that there was no sign of Rose - established as a main character - says this is pure damage limitation.

I'm still going to see it when it opens. And I'll proably love it. While still feeling depressed at how terrible The Last Jeti was.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I expect I will watch it and enjoy it for the bubble gum fantasy space opera about wizards and deamons it is.

This. All the constant moaning of Star Wars done wrong is just nonsense. There’s a video already up along with a live stream of people analysing the trailer. I mean really picking it apart!

WTAF. It’s a kids film that has tried to balance keeping middle aged men happy, introduce a new audience and still be generally entertaining for people taking their kids along. I'm pretty sure whatever they did people would be bitching.
  • That trailer looks great actually. Super great!
    And there is no Rian Johnson lol. For that fact I know IX will be better than TLJ.

Huzzah!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I hope Rose is still in it. I didn't mind her character and fuck all those people who hate on someone for being in a kids film about space adventures.
  • She is, there were shots shown from the film doing the rounds and she was still there
  • I don't mind Rose, the writing by the end of TLJ for her was awful though so I hope they improve. Her opening scene where she finds Phin trying to escape was decent imo and it was a shame that her sister dying on the bomber didn't really come back to do anything by the end of the film either. 

Anyway, TEAM WIDE BOI hypetrain has already left the station. I don't care if he lives, dies, turns good, stays bad, flip flops as long as he continues to be an excellent babyrage guy.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Episode 9 will end with Rey looking into a box which lights up suddenly.

Nah, the tesseract has already been in too many films. Don’t wanna bloody see it again.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nothing wrong with the trailer apart from
    Spoiler:
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Nothing wrong with the trailer apart from
    Spoiler:

Let's be fair, this isn't a trilogy. Its loosely connected films which have had far too many different inputs to flow well. I didn't mind either film so far but they don't feel like part of some grand scheme. To be fair, the original trilogy probably wasnt set as a trilogy to begin with *I've no idea* but by the second one they know where they are going and while I'm not a fan of return of the jedi it does feel like an overall plot with a clear start, middle and end. I don't think this series of movies will, they just are about a group of characters and their evolving story. Closer to the three star trek movies than a trilogy
    SFV - reddave360
  • I hope for a film mostly of Kylo (probably with his boy group now) gallivanting about and of Finn and Poe going to town on each other.
  • I have liked this trilogy but it did need one overall person steering it.
    I am a little worried by the speederbike scene, it's giving me RotJ retcon vibes, especially with the title referencing a Skywalker and technically the only Skywalker is Kylo, even if he is actually a Solo.
    So I'm hoping it isn't just a RotJ remake. I want new stories in the SW universe not remakes.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I hope Rose is still in it. I didn't mind her character and fuck all those people who hate on someone for being in a kids film about space adventures.

She was literally on stage before the trailer reveal.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And, interestingly, got the biggest cheer of all the actors coming on.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    She obviously rose to the occasion.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    She burst into tears. It was amazing. I refuse to acknowledge any pun
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good man. Don’t you rise to it.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Aw the wee petal.
    Things can only get better.
  • I would have preferred a trilogy on the stuff that was passed over tbh rather than what we've got.

It feels like too big of a gap between ROTJ with the Empire defeated, Palpatine dead, Vader redeemed and a satisfying conclusion, to TFA with the Empire back only it's called something else and we have another creepy old all powerful baddie who came out of nowhere apparently and Han and Leia had a son who was a goodie but now he's a baddie and he's killed everyone for some reason and Luke has fucked off and etc etc
  • Chris Terrio co-writing is a big hmm
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    I would have preferred a trilogy on the stuff that was passed over tbh rather than what we've got.

It feels like too big of a gap between ROTJ with the Empire defeated, Palpatine dead, Vader redeemed and a satisfying conclusion, to TFA with the Empire back only it's called something else and we have another creepy old all powerful baddie who came out of nowhere apparently and Han and Leia had a son who was a goodie but now he's a baddie and he's killed everyone for some reason and Luke has fucked off and etc etc

They left it too long to do that, all the actors are too old.
    They would have to have used characters we'd never heard of and people wouldn't have been happy/satisfied with that.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!