The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • Jaco wrote:
    Re: Darth Maul:
    Spoiler:

Lol. I'd fire it out of canon attached to g.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Jaco wrote:
    Re: Darth Maul:
    Spoiler:
    Canon doesn’t mean anything, it’s still absurd. See Phil Coulson in the Avengers films. He’s not dead anymore but stays out of all the films because cinema audiences saw him die.

• Yeah, that doesn't really make things any better for me Jaco.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah, that doesn't really make things any better for me Jaco.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

surely he's going to be a
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Digitally realised ala hayden, to fuck with Hammill for talking out of school and ignoring that 75 page "lines to take" briefing when doing press for TLJ
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Bob wrote:
    Yeah, that doesn't really make things any better for me Jaco.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    surely he's going to be a
    Spoiler:
    well yeah.
    Spoiler:
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • From an interview I heard with Ron Howard they really didn't know who would be in the communication at the ends till very close to finishing the film. So it's not like it was their intension all along. It just seems like the studio probably wanted more fan service.

It was also interesting to find out Paul Bettany wasn't the original villain. It was supposed to be a CG thing I think that was acted by another guy. And that guy wasn't available to do the reshoots so they had to recast and rewrite the villain. I thought Paul did a pretty good job.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Kenobi only cut Maul’s legs off? What a crock.

JWUuG2s.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • They’re magic space wizards. I’m sure they can fix a pissy little problem like being cut in half.
  • From an interview I heard with Ron Howard they really didn't know who would be in the communication at the ends till very close to finishing the film. So it's not like it was their intension all along. It just seems like the studio probably wanted more fan service. It was also interesting to find out Paul Bettany wasn't the original villain. It was supposed to be a CG thing I think that was acted by another guy. And that guy wasn't available to do the reshoots so they had to recast and rewrite the villain. I thought Paul did a pretty good job.
    It was originally Michael K Williams (Omar from the Wire) in the role. Which sounds like it could have been awesome. But seems like they weren't too keen so decided to scrap the CG angle and that point he wasn't available so Bettany stepped in.
  • poprock wrote:
    They’re magic space wizards. I’m sure they can fix a pissy little problem like being cut in half.

Wait, does that mean Snork or Snoke or wotevar his name was is going to come back also.  In a big scene in the next Star Wars film? : Enters on comedic-high level stilts "IT'S ME, SNOSKE! I'M BACK AND I'M PISSED!'
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Ref Maul.
    I'm not so fussed about a character coming back, but why Maul?
    He was makeup and a fancy pants lightsaber. Can you really resurrect a character if they lacked character in the first place?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    He was brought back for an animated series set between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith so they would have been looking for prequel touchpoints to mine.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Rolls a D20 (-D6 evil alignment penalty) Fails to Resurrect.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    He was brought back for an animated series set between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith so they would have been looking for prequel touchpoints to mine.
    Leave him there.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I agree with that actually, it was a weird thing to bring over to the movies.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I just assumed that scene took place before he was bisected.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Obi Wan was on L plates.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Nah, theres about 20 years between Ep1 and Solo.
  • Note to all Jedi out there, next time you light saber a Sith in half, don't chop 'em at the waist but bisect from the head down.
  • Maul: Baddie. Fell down a hole. Not dead.
    Boba Fett: Baddie. Fell down a hole. Not dead.
    Emperor: Baddie. Fell down a hole. Dead.
    Vader: Goodie at the time. Fell down a hole. Dead.
    Mace Windu: Goodie. Fell out a window. Dead.
    Qui Gon Jinn. Goodie. Did NOT fall down a hole. Dead.
    Obi Wan. Goodie. Did NOT fall down a hole. Dead.
    Han Solo. Goodie. Fell down a hole. Dead.
    Luke Skywalker. Goodie. Fell into a Rancor pit and a Bespin tube. Survived but now dead.
    Death Star 1. Baddie. Shot in it's hole. Dead.
    Yoda. Goodie. Fell asleep. Dead.

I hope Episode 9 finally wraps all this up. They've really written themselves into a corner.
  • Death Star 1. Baddie. Shot in it's hole. Dead.

Why no death star 2? Is it because it's a different hole?
    SFV - reddave360
  • More of a core than a hole.
  • Now you’re just being crude.
  • I agree Ram. Solo works as its own thing. That Han is not my childhood Han.
    I quite liked Bettany actually.
    But Lando's sexbot irritated me terribly.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Boba Fett: Baddie. Fell down a hole. Not dead.

What madness is this?! Don’t tell me it’s more of this canon comics books and cartoons shite!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Has been for a long time.
    Lucas knows you don't kill off a cash cow that easy.

Although in Disney World I think he is dead/MIA
  • Never really delved into non-film stuff so I’m oblivious to it all. If I had time I suppose I’d look into them. On that note...

Good book recommendations please.

(I liked KotoR game’s story, but it’s probably not canon but who cares, it was great)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The Thrawn trilogy and Thrawn itself are supposed to be some of the best.
    I started on Thrawn having not read the others as it's his origin story. It is ok. Decent Star Wars junk but not what I would call a good book in comparison to actual books for real people.

Shadows of the Empire sits between Empire and Jedi. Suffers the same as Thrawn for me only a bit worse. It's hard to care about the plight of the characters knowing it is just a holding pattern of a story.

There is also Aftermath and the run following it that fills the gaps between RotJ and FA. Apparently thte first is a weird read but after that they are better, they are also cannon.

• I agree Ram. Solo works as its own thing. That Han is not my childhood Han. I quite liked Bettany actually. But Lando's sexbot irritated me terribly.

It can’t work as it’s own thing that’s the whole fucking point. It’s subtitled a Star Wars story not a story,
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!