The Star Wars thread - "Chewie, we're home."
  • The footage of Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher smiling together brought a lump to my throat.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Tempy wrote:

Nice behind the scenes video of The Last Jedi. Good to see the practical effects carrying on.

Because of the page turn :)
  • Odd Asian woman is going to ruin that film for me.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Rumours of an Obi Was Kenobi film.

Now I am happy to admit to being full on Star Wars spaz but fuck an Obi Wan movie. He is a support role with zero depth of character.
    What is he even going to do in it?
  • To be honest, I'm more into stand-alone Obi-Wan stories than the likes of seeing a young Han Solo. Assuming they actually use McGregor there's surely great scope to explore his time on Tatooine between Episode 3 and 4. He's apparently said he's up for it anyway.

Of course all that relies on them actually writing decent stories so who the duck knows.
  • But the whole point of his time on Tats was sitting in a hole not being discovered.

The Han Solo stuff is going to be predictable with more nods than the Churchill dog but that is because there is a history mapped out for the character.

Obi has had his origins spin off in the prequels.
  • Standalone movies of pre existing characters can fuck off IMO. Move on to something new FFS. Han Solo needs ZERO fleshing out. I don't want to know how he met Chewie or Lando or what exactly the Kessel run is. All of that is better off shrouded in mystery. Leave something to the imagination ffs.
    As for Obi Wan that might be less offensive. His mystique was ripped away in the prequels and all the cartoons since away. Still a decent character n all though. But wasnt he Tatooine bound to babysit Luke?
    Sigh do something new.
    Make some new memorable characters.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I agree, new stories within the Universe is preferable.
  • Yup, I know Obi Wan was pretty much supposed to be in hiding and keeping an eye on Luke from afar but there's already been a few (admittedly not very good) attempts at exploring his time on Tatooine in the EU. I like the idea of him being there as a mysterious last samurai type figure, trying not to get involved in any conflict and when he does trying to keep his identity as a jedi hidden.

To be honest I just really liked McGregor in the prequels and I'd love to see him reprising the character. But I agree that it would be more exciting to see them focussing on new characters instead of the familiar. Rouge One felt fresh for that reason (despite Vader popping up). But as we all know they'll be much more inclined to take the risk averse option of using the characters that cinemagoers are already familiar with.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Happy Star Wars Merchandise Day everyone!!!

Let's hope The Last Jedi is good or everyone will be spending money in vain!!!!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The evil BB8 strikes me as an awful idea.

The new Lego Millenium Falcon is quite possibly the most awesome thing ever.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I have ordered a children's picture book starring BB8 but it is OFFICIAL CANON not shitty merchandise. It's not just an attempt to make a quick buck like all the other pleb merchandise, it is SERIOUS BUSINESS.
  • The evil BB8 strikes me as an awful idea. The new Lego Millenium Falcon is quite possibly the most awesome thing ever.
    I like that you have to wheel it out of the shop, because it's so big and heavy, lol:
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/08/31/new-lego-star-wars-75192-ucs-millennium-falcon-unveiled-largest-lego-set-ever-news/

fb_img_1504026739602_1024.jpg
  • That millenium falcon is complete bullshit. Its literally a non descript fucking thing telling you its amazing because for some reason and costs 650 fucking pounds. Disgusting. 

Evil BB8 is basically for the nerd dickheads who this song is for
  • OMG SWAPABLE MANDIBLE DETAILS
  • It's beautiful but it's not worth £650. 
    You could get the Chinese knock-off for about £150 though.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    crayon, it's thousands of individual components made from decent plastic manufactured to within a few microns. The price per part ratio is merely OK but it's marketed towards extreme LEGO Star Wars fans who are happy to part with the money, not least because it will prove to be a decent investment once it goes out of print.

You might not be interested in it but that's because it isn't for you. Save your discust for something else, like Pop Vinyls or [waves in the general direction of America].
  • And remember. We get passionate about videogames.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    crayon, it's thousands of individual components made from decent plastic manufactured to within a few microns. The price per part ratio is merely OK but it's marketed towards extreme LEGO Star Wars fans who are happy to part with the money, not least because it will prove to be a decent investment once it goes out of print.

You might not be interested in it but that's because it isn't for you. Save your discust for something else, like Pop Vinyls or [waves in the general direction of America].

eh. Star Wars Lego? Its inherently marketed at kids just in time for Christmas and it's 650 pounds.

At least pops are loose change and crap.
  • Not really. There is a huge scene of adult Lego builders who this will be targeted at.

650 is a lot of money but Lego pricing is generally set across the board with the number of pieces being related to the price.
    The reason it is so expensive beyond just build quality is the design time involved. Something like this has probably taken the best part of a year for a lead Lego designer, probably with other staff aiding them, plus graphic designers for the printed pieces, box and manual. The manuals for these collectors editions also contain a silly amount of info about the subject matter and are like mini books in themselves. 

You can say Lego is for kids but what is so adult about Nintendo Switch? I bet a fair few have spent over £600 on their Switch plus games and accessories.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It literally says 16+ on the box.
  • Dude you're on a video game forum and you're being that disengenous about age ratings!? really?
  • Dude you're on a video game forum and you're being that disengenous about age ratings!? really?
    If anyone's being disingenuous here, it's you.
    UCS = Ultimate Collector's Series. They've always been marketed at adult nerds, not kids.
  • That falcon is fucking awesome.7500 pieces,biggest ever Lego set.beautiful 
    I could never justify buying it though.buy possibly be tempted by the Lepin star wnrs version.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • 7500 makes it actually a bit cheaper than the 10p per piece average, although I imagine many of those pieces are quite small.
  • If I was a Star Wars fan I'd be all over this, as I had my tax return done this week.

As I am not, I will have to "make do" with the wonderful Porsche 911GT3 RS technic set. Best gift ever (well, one of them).

I just wish we could get more classic space lego or new space lego instead of SW.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Got that.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Ha. 
    Must admit, I'm tempted to get it but it would have to be the lepin version.
    I've literally just finished the lepin UCS B-Wing bomber today and the missus is trying to get me to start the UCS Super Star Destroyer now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!