Childs Play 2012 - Total raised £2,000. I love you all.
  • Just looking at the list,  took a cursory look before and it all looked good but on closer inspection I can see a couple of stinkers I.e. Carnival Games, that is horrible lets not get that.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I think the handhelds are a good idea. Games people are likely to donate on their own, so if we can get a few consoles and then some games too that would be good.

So far they've had 1 3DS, a Mario Kart, a Zelda, a WRC 2 and a Peppa Pig.
  • That book we were selling last year might shift a couple more copies. My boss caught me writing on my latest *thing* the other day and I ended up telling her about the book. She just told me one of the parents is going to order it.

I'm a little concerned she's going around telling all the parents I'm a published author, actually. Eep.

EDIT: Turn out she's told all the parents and all the Korean staff. Eeesh.
  • we're up to £610 now!

Still got plenty of time left as well so hopefully we'll be able to get a fair amount for the kiddies.

Your generosity genuinely warms my heart.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Nice work Dante. You should absolutely edit the thread title and get the total in there.
  • That book we were selling last year might shift a couple more copies. My boss caught me writing on my latest *thing* the other day and I ended up telling her about the book. She just told me one of the parents is going to order it. I'm a little concerned she's going around telling all the parents I'm a published author, actually. Eep. EDIT: Turn out she's told all the parents and all the Korean staff. Eeesh.

I always think of you as a published author.

Who was in charge of the book?
  • I've stuck some cash your way Dante. Seems not fair to donate to reg and Andy and not this.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Cheers, Dante. Heh.

Tin Robot put it all together, I believe.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well done all. Mine will come next Thursday on pay day (the heist)
  • Wait, I'm sure this is the oldest joke on the forum but...

Which forumite is Richard Bacon?
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Donation sent.

Nice one for organising it this year Dante.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Picking up a Kindle Fire HD tomorrow, will check out the book.
  • Cheers, Dante. Heh. Tin Robot put it all together, I believe.

Not me, I'm afraid.  I merely contributed a tale.  It was Cobra N - I've still got his email address after ordering the paperback version last year, so I've dropped him a line letting him know what's going on.  Hopefully he'll pop by...
  • Wait, I'm sure this is the oldest joke on the forum but...

Which forumite is Richard Bacon?

R Bacon is Cobra N (not the TV guy either I'm afraid)

Yes, book is still available, virtually no sales through the year though, although I have promoted it as it's getting closer to Christmas and will do so a bit more. (Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,032,051 in Books)

Have yet to reach a trigger point of any actual royalties with Amazon, we raised some money last year mainly selling paperbacks as I ordered some extra with the ones for site members and sold them to anyone willing (or gullible).

Good news is that you can now order the paperback via the .co.uk site as previosuly you had to order via the USA.

Sorry - I have been doing tons of stuff and haven't visited in ages.

Will try and drop some cash this way, and if sales do kick off I'll of course let you know.
  • R Bacon is Cobra N (not the TV guy either I'm afraid)
    Dreams shattered
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Cobra, have you asked Child's Play themselves to tweet it? I asked several times last year and they didn't instead choosing to schmooze up to their industry buddies.

Wow, amazing how Twitter can make you angry so easily.
  • Webbins wrote:
    I've come into possession of several PS1 games, I can put a list up on Monday. Is it worth shoving them up here for sale, all proceeds to Child's Play? Not sure how desirable many of them are, think I spied GT and MGS in the mix.
    If anyone is interested in these PS1 games, observe the following list.  I acquired them with the expressed intent of the donater that they go to charity so I'll listen to any offers + £1 p&p.  All discs in good condition with very light surface scratches unless specified, cases are less so, all have manuals unless stated.  I've tested they all boot up on my creaking PS2, so you have that assurance of at least of seeing the title screen.

Ace Combat 2
    Bomberman
    Bubble Bobble
    Bust-A-Move 2
    Colin McRae Rally 2.0
    Colony Wars Vengence
    CTR: Crash Team Racing
    Gran Turismo
    James Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies
    James Bond: The World Is Not Enough
    Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (two copies of this, one has a lenticular cover)
    Medal of Honor
    Metal Gear Solid (Platinum version with Special Missions disc)
    MTV Snowboarding
    Quake II
    Soul Blade
    Spider-Man
    Star Wars - Dark Forces
    Star Wars - Demolition
    Star Wars Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles
    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars - Masters of Teras Kasi
    Syphon Filter
    Syphon Filter 2 (2 discs, disc 2 has a semi-circle blemish but looks light - no manual)
    Tomb Raider 3
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    V-Rally 2
    Wipeout 2097
    Worms Armageddon (has some tape attached to the disc hole but looks fine)

Also have promo copies of Killzone and Jak 3 for the PS2, no manuals, come in a CD case.

Any interest at all, let me know, otherwise they'll be going to some local charity shop where they'll be light-fingered by Bradford scum.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Oops, sorry Cobra! Sterling work.
    Mod74 wrote:
    Cobra, have you asked Child's Play themselves to tweet it? I asked several times last year and they didn't instead choosing to schmooze up to their industry buddies. Wow, amazing how Twitter can make you angry so easily.

I got really pissed off about this, actually. Asked a few "gamer celeb" type folk to retweet it. Not a fucking thing.
  • I'm sure I got Florence to retweet the link to Edge page about it. Might be someone to try.
  • CTR: Crash Team Racing
    James Bond: Tomorrow Never Dies
    James Bond: The World Is Not Enough
    Medal of Honor
    Star Wars - Dark Forces
    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars - Masters of Teras Kasi

Any idea what you'd like for these?
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Came into a bit of money for my late Aunty this week, wee bit sent your way via Paypal.
    Things can only get better.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm after Nemesis, Soul Reaver and THPS2 - what would you like?
  • @Adkm & Reg - I'll get back to you later, at a work thing today.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webs, I'm interested in SW: Jedi Power Battles, if you can let me know?

Thanks.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Righto, I intend to try and get some extra pennies from work and having just spoke to them, I have the all clear from HR to do so.

It may not end up a lot but I will be asking for donations next week at and putting together some DVD's/Blu-Rays/Games of my own to for people to purchase if they so wish to try and encourage some monies.

Obviously I'll need to put out an all staff email next week to try and it would really help if I could have the following information:

- How many years have we done this? 3rd?
    - Funding amounts raised in previous years (not essential but might help).

Anything else that may help. Bear in mind no one at work would of probably heard of this so the more info the better. Cheers.
  • Has anyone messaged/tweeted/facebooked Edge about this year's collection?  I know we're like some kind of disowned bastard offspring, but for good causes and that they may be willing to associate themselves with the B&B.  Didn't they wangle some extra goodies to throw in a couple of years back?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I reckon we've got a bastard son of Paleface's chance of getting any gear from Edge.  I know it's for charity but surely as we moved to a non-related forum they'll just donate directly, rather than through us?  Worth a go though, of course. 

Is there anything special I need to click when donating to top it up slightly (like Just Giving), or do I just select 'goods'?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!