Okami HD
  • Vinyl soundtrack up for pre-order at Data-Discs if anyone fancies it.
  • Well hour and a half in. Two minor side quests complete including the turnip one . Now to get this quest underway
    The Forum Herald™
  • Third brush power unlocked it’s all coming back to me now!
    The Forum Herald™
  • 39191488_10217446119283977_7392892176851533824_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c8409ccc12364b4e27a1f235cb023422&oe=5C0EE145

It's so intuitive playing it on the touch screen. Played on the big screen this morning and it looks amazing.. hold up really well.. but trying to use the switch analogue stick it's almost impossible to draw a circle.. compared to just sticking your finger on the screen.

Still making progress. Unlocked five brush powers. It's nice and relaxing to play and the Switch encourages playfulness and wandering.. as opposed to my PS4 time where I feel the need to accomplish stuff as the time is limited.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Adoring this game at the moment. About ten hours in (which I believe is the time when it gets really good) and I am working through a dungeon that is certainly excellent. Love the mix of brush techniques being used to solve puzzles now.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Really looking forward to playing Okami, but I’m going to behave myself and not start it until Octopath is done and dusted. So pleased the Switch port is a goodun.
    Get schwifty.
  • Just passed the part where I gave up on the Wii version. The touch screen has made a massive difference, although does seem a bit off sometimes in terms of calibration (or maybe just fat fingers). Hoping to finally get through the whole game because there's a lot to love in it.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • SLEdge wrote:
    Just passed the part where I gave up on the Wii version. The touch screen has made a massive difference, although does seem a bit off sometimes in terms of calibration (or maybe just fat fingers). Hoping to finally get through the whole game because there's a lot to love in it.

Play on tv and the brush is thick as fuck.
    The Forum Herald™
  • You can hold a button to make the brush thicker or thinner, there's also a button you can hold to draw faster as well, if memory serves.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I have got past the constant click X to continue bit. Being a Persona fan I can forgive it this transgress. 

Tried the docked painting with the joycon and it’s not very good is it. Think I’ll go back to handheld.
  • I’ve bought this but I’m going to finish Treasure Tracker before I get to it - Loved the HD version on PS3 and it’s been just long enough where it’ll all feel new again.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I have got past the constant click X to continue bit. Being a Persona fan I can forgive it this transgress.  Tried the docked painting with the joycon and it’s not very good is it. Think I’ll go back to handheld.

Drawing on screen is so perfect it feels like it should have been made for switch.
    The Forum Herald™
  • First dungeon type thing cleared. About to face first boss. About five hours in.
    The Forum Herald™
  • How is it so far?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • The game is amazing so far.

The boss battle was a little annoying as
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Might import the japanese version then if it has english on it.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • My Japanese version is on the way.
  • Dead impressed with the service from nin nin game.com. Ordered on 8 August and the game arrived yesterday.
  • Well this just gets more bizarre and wonderful as it goes!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • So I’ve finally got past where I gave up on ps2!
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!