Elite: Dangerous
  • All over this tonight.
  • Buy the Eagle ship for 40k. 
    It's faster, with a better range and one more weapon hardpoint. 
    Only two cargo tho so that needs upgrading as do the guns but it's a nice ship.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just had an odd moment when trying to land. I went to the allocated landing pad, landing gear down, but no matter how close I got it wouldn't switch to the landing mode.
  • I've moved the PC and plugged it into the 50" for extra amaze.
  • Bought the Eagle, just seen Panty's recommendation so I was right in my decision. Did a low paying supplies run and then accepted a mission to steal some synthetic meat but I haven't the foggiest where to begin. It just says the contractor doesn't care where it comes from but I do as I'm clueless or I'm missing the obvious.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I've only just finished the training on PC. It's tough.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finally managed to make some money. Only a hundred grand, but it's a start. Whereabouts is everybody? - I started, and am still around, Aiabiko.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Bought the Eagle, just seen Panty's recommendation so I was right in my decision. Did a low paying supplies run and then accepted a mission to steal some synthetic meat but I haven't the foggiest where to begin. It just says the contractor doesn't care where it comes from but I do as I'm clueless or I'm missing the obvious.

I think you can check the trade routes on the map, and in the commodities market you can check where stuff is being distributed from and to by highlighting it and looking at the right side of the screen.

You're going to need a cargo scanner and that thing that forces ships to jettison their gear though. Or just shoot up random ships until you hit lucky.

Isn't the Adder a better all round ship? Faster than the starting ship and with more cargo holds and weapon/utility points than the Eagle.
  • Not for sale where i am though. And the Eagle is dirt cheap.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    False economy. You'll make more money in less time with an Adder.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Finally managed to make some money. Only a hundred grand, but it's a start. Whereabouts is everybody? - I started, and am still around, Aiabiko.

We should pick a system as our HQ and make it this week's mission to get there. At least then we can team up if online together.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Bought the Eagle, just seen Panty's recommendation so I was right in my decision. Did a low paying supplies run and then accepted a mission to steal some synthetic meat but I haven't the foggiest where to begin. It just says the contractor doesn't care where it comes from but I do as I'm clueless or I'm missing the obvious.

I think you can check the trade routes on the map, and in the commodities market you can check where stuff is being distributed from and to by highlighting it and looking at the right side of the screen.

You're going to need a cargo scanner and that thing that forces ships to jettison their gear though. Or just shoot up random ships until you hit lucky.

Isn't the Adder a better all round ship? Faster than the starting ship and with more cargo holds and weapon/utility points than the Eagle.

Aye I'll give that a run, cheers Sparky. I was looking at trade routes and then ended up zooming right out and looking at the Milky Way and then I think my legs started to go.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • All three?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Kow wrote:

We should pick a system as our HQ and make it this week's mission to get there. At least then we can team up if online together.

Cmdr name is SpaceGazelle, natch. Add me.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    How many pc players have we got?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'm on PC and remember spending most my time trying to get a decent setup on the pad. Finally got around to sorting it of a fashion and started squitting aimlessly about not making much dorra. 

This was a while back now. The idea of starting with a shitonne of cash in the bank seems very odd from the version I was playing. You started with basically zero iirc and had to scrimp about from the getgo to make sure you had enough cash to cover your fuel. Do you now start with 50k or something? Is that across the board? Are they trying to counter the early grind? 

I think I gave up due to not being able to afford much of anything and not easily knowing how to maximise the tiny cargo hold on a route that could begin to lead me to money. When I was playing there was no real goals apart form some nebulous stuff on the station notice boards. They either  seemed to be kill missions for ships that were apparently 6 tiers tougher than mine or often needed four times the cargo hold. 

The supercruiseing was fun and just skipping about and selling starcharts was about as far as I got. 

Happy to try to get back in I guess. Can the Boners play with the PC folk? Would be nice to try out one of these wing things.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't think the boneheads have the full version yet. I gave up trying to make money from trading, I don't think it's possible with the starting ships. The initial money is in bounty hunting and gradually getting more faction specific missions. When I can afford a ship with a decent cargo I'll go back to trading.
  • Boners start with 100k. 
    I guess a concession to the fact that we are all twitch thrill seeking cod junkies. 

I don't know what's in the latest release but the core is there. Trading, mining, piracy, bounty hunting, bulletin boards and factions. 
    Is there much more?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I thought you just had a preview version?
  • And a handy hint for bounty hunting when you first start is to find a police skirmish with a bounty in progress and just roll up and finish them off.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Kow wrote:

The XBone version is up to date as far as 'Power Play', which from what i've read is in-line with the PC version. Also, XBone is getting CQC first, which has pissed off the PC community. lol!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Close quarters combat? Never even heard of it. What's it supposed to be?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    What is the Close Quarters Championship (CQC)?
    The Close Quarters Championship or CQC is an instant team-based action in the Elite: Dangerous galaxy, debuting exclusively on Xbox One in July.

It will have several modes including 12 player Deathmatch, 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag and will be designed for competitive play with matchmaking and leaderboards.

Some further features:

Customise and pilot your own personalised fighter alongside your wingmen in the ultimate 34th Century gladiatorial contest.
    Honed for competitive play, bringing a balanced combat space for players to test their skills against others on Xbox Live.
    CQC will be a balanced, competitive experience, and we hope the eSports community will embrace it.
    Integration into the wider Elite: Dangerous galaxy and narrative provides a stepping stone into the game’s experience.
    Fly the Sidewinder, Eagle and (new to players) F63 Condor Federal Fighter.
    Earn XP to increase your CQC rank. Unlock new modules, weapons and abilities.
    The CQC will be exclusive for Xbox One until Holiday 2015, when it will come to PC and Mac.
  • Kow wrote:
    Technically everyone has a preview version innit?
    The games not finished yet.
  • We should start a PC multiplayer group. Somebody get on it and I'll join tonight.
  • I think it's just by name, as in if I started one it'd just be called Spacegazelle.
  • Monday's and Tuesday's is where it's at for me, team ups would be fun. We'll be like the red arrows of space.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    So can Bone-ons play together online atm?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That cqc thing sounds terrible, I hope they don't bring it to the pc version, very un-elite.
  • Sounds like a crap arena mode.

Anybody know how to get a license to visit sol?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!