Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Maybe I'm actually flying it but I don't think so. I just had a quick check on vr when I got the Oculus.
  • I always thought this looked like it'd quickly become almost one of my favourite games.
  • I always thought this looked like it'd quickly become almost one of my favourite games.

Previous DLC has now been incorporated into the main game but Odyssey will cost £30 on top. I think this means you can buy a steam key for a peanuts from a 3rd party site and it should give you access to the Horizons dlc. Some of the keys are old and cost £3 or so.

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-elite-dangerous-cd-key-compare-prices/
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • This is quite handy for resources.

• First playthroughs are live.

• The atmosphere planets look lovely, starts about 1:30.

• Is it good on ps4?
  • It was good on Bone.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So this isn't actually available yet then?
  • It was available from this afternoon. I'm playing it now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm still just getting pre-order.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Are you on an alpha build or something?
  • They may have closed the alpha? It is a testing phase and officially rolls out in May iirc.
  • This crater is impressive (not from Odyssey).

So the alpha is a bit buggy to say the least. Crashes are common and it isn't well optimised yet. Bugs aplenty. The good news is it's pretty great, or it will be. The planets (including non-atmospheric) have had an overhaul and have a far more diverse feel. The walking and shooting missions are tough but there is a bit more diversity than the usual fetch planet quests. 

At the moment the alpha is limited to a single system and all missions are on foot via a space taxi thing so it'll be cool to see what happens when they relax the restrictions a bit. Now there's first person the skys the limit for future expansions. I can still see a lot of the fps things getting samey. At the mo it's go and kill or go and get or a mixture of the two. There's often a bit of stealth and I think there are multiple ways of doing things depending on your equipment, and the bases are procedurally generated but so far lack the diversity of the planets. 

It's great having NPCs as the galaxy feels much more alive. It really mixes things up and the potential going forward is huge. How they gradually slip in things via invisible updates is one of the best things about the game, like introducing alien artifacts and waiting for the community to find them, then the first alien encounters here and there for a few lucky players, now there's full Thargoid lore, bases and mass attacks on systems. I love this way the game gradually and often quiety evolves and now the potential to expand on that is much greater.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Is it good on ps4?

Obviously not up to the visual capabilities of the master race, and it's not got the mega online community, but it plays really well. Shame there's no VR support for PS4.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • And it might not get the current expansions.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Website says its coming for ps4 and Xbox One.
  • Wow, I thought it'd be on Bone but I'm surprised about ps4.
  • Also, I looked into it and the alpha is closed unless you get the deluxe version which includes the soundtrack but is £10 more. It might be better waiting as it is pretty buggy and constrained right now, and there's only a few weeks to wait iirc.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I'll wait. I'd probably pay more then not play it till summer anyway.
  • Any news on a current gen console version?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Supposedly in autumn but I'd expect delays. It's a brave undertaking, this expansion.
  • Combat.

• Another evening another update so time for a break while the servers are down. I've been playing this alot. The game is finally crystallizing into something truly special. For everyone who maybe admired the game but couldn't stick with it then this is the hook that'll bring it all together. Wonky as fuck at the mo - flat out broken in parts, but it's going to be a belter.

New players who come for the fps don't need to even fly a ship now because of the shuttles (boring af), but they'll learn it's better and faster when you do. And then they'll start to see the sights, explore a bit just for the beauty and maybe get into a dogfight or two. They might even start listening to the news on Galnet and wonder if they should help out or take advantage. It's a fucking hell of a game this.
  • Is it all just runny shooty? I'd really like more interesting stuff to do.
  • Star Citizen should be worried then?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • n0face wrote:
    Is it all just runny shooty? I'd really like more interesting stuff to do.

You start off just doing sneaky data theft because you die in about a second if you get shot at. I haven't done all the various mission types yet because you start pathetically weak.

A developer vid was posted earlier. Dunno if it's any good.

• Blocks100 wrote:
    Star Citizen should be worried then?

I think SC should be worried anyway. What ED gets so right is the development map, when every paid expansion brings huge changes that are considered and updated to fit into previous layers of an existing game. It's such a thoughtful way to develop.

Edit: I found this in my feed.

and this.

• I have to say it's an extremely weird decision to have the shuttles in the alpha and one star system, so there's only supercruise. It takes ages to get anywhere and there's nothing to do during the journey.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!