The London Food Raid
  • You're doing that annoying 'no life outside of London' thing again.
  • Can't believe Tempy has never been to a B@1. lollers
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gonzo it'll be a backpack at best so Bodeans as a finality is fine. I want to go to Green Papaya on Sunday night so what's good near there?

Sunday and Friday have no plans yet - we are in all day on Friday (should be in hotel by 8-9am) so I'm really open to suggestions. I think Sunday lunch at Inamo based on MK's suggestions. We can go Oxford St from there.

SO - Friday
    I think Tava for lunch as its in our area.

Need to fit in Toko in the evening I guess A what's near it?

SATURDAY - IS TEMPY DAY
    Sat morn - Breakfast club
    Lunch - Meat liquor

Eve - need a suggestion near ally pally then

Sunday lunch - Inamo

Eve - Green Papaya

Monday late lunch - Bodeans

NEARLY THERE
  • m8 yr gona b a burst couch

Can't believe Tempy has never been to a B@1. lollers

M8 carnt bleev yv nvr bin 2 a Navigation pub for burgers in Notts lol
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    IT'S A RAID
  • Tempy wrote:
    m8 yr gona b a burst couch
    Can't believe Tempy has never been to a B@1. lollers
    M8 carnt bleev yv nvr bin 2 a Navigation pub for burgers in Notts lol

You aint even never been to no 'Ho Ho fish, chips and chinese' round the corner from me.
  • Can't believe you never had a sandwhich that I made in my house on my own a week ago
  • Can't believe you didn't eat the exact Kit Kat that I just ate.
  • And so the routine reaches its apex. Good stuff.
  • Close the forum
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    RAID yr home
  • You aint even not ever been to my RAID
  • What date is this Reg if yr srs.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's all booked Temps. 29th March - 1st April. Saturday is 30th.
  • Gonz you won't find finer than the Berkley, I assure you.
  • You need to go to Pit Cue instead of Bodeans, trust me.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I DO TRUST YOU
  • Also man, Friday evening, Saturday daytime and Sunday daytime are all host to incredible street food events. Has the bonus of variety too.

My shouts: You should definitely check out the Ribman on Sunday at brick lane market. One of the best sandwich experiences out there.

Malty Street market on Saturday is eccentric, boozy, packed with delicious eats and antiques and such. Quite an Alice in Wonderland vibe as you gin-up and guzzle Africa Peri Peri pulled pork burgers and high quality schnitzels with custard donuts from the best baker in town, St Johns. I would say they were afters but he sells out by 12. So people rock up, have a glass of bubbly by 11 and a donut at 12. Decadent, eccentric business.

Fridays I'm pretty find of StreetFeast that I linked you online. Consistently good line ups there.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Completely forgot about Ribman. PLANS HAVE TO CHANGE
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Gonzo it'll be a backpack at best so Bodeans as a finality is fine. I want to go to Green Papaya on Sunday night so what's good near there? Sunday and Friday have no plans yet - we are in all day on Friday (should be in hotel by 8-9am) so I'm really open to suggestions. I think Sunday lunch at Inamo based on MK's suggestions. We can go Oxford St from there. SO - Friday I think Tava for lunch as its in our area. Need to fit in Toko in the evening I guess A what's near it? SATURDAY - IS TEMPY DAY Sat morn - Breakfast club Lunch - Meat liquor Eve - need a suggestion near ally pally then Sunday lunch - Inamo Eve - Green Papaya Monday late lunch - Bodeans NEARLY THERE

For Green Papaya on the Sunday if you're after a drink following the restaurant, there are a couple of decent pubs in the area:

Pub in the Park - http://www.pubonthepark.com/
    Which is on the east side of London Fields (round the corner from Green Paps)

The Dove - http://www.qype.co.uk/place/73818-The-Dove-London
    Just south of London Fields, has some decent real ales, nice areas to sit in the back...maybe a board game or two.
  • The best place nearest to ally pally (considering I was there three weeks ago for my charity work) is highgate. But honestly in that respect it's just Ponca pubs.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Is it better to just underground there then? If so, what decent places are on the way?
  • If you are getting the northern line you will pass through Camden.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Reg: Borough Market. It's the donfather of produce and street food.

Going to a place called Elliot's there today and have heard good things, will report. Grab a pork belly roll from Roast To Go if you do make it there, it's a sandwich I've added 40 minutes on to my journey for historically.
  • Highate pubs of note: The Flask, The Wrestlers and maybe the Red Lion.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Griff - am I near Highgate?

Sat eve has shunte to Inamo and Sunday lunch to Ribman.
  • The problem is ally pally is in the middle of no where. You would be better off going somewhere not nearby as nothing is that near and what is nearby is pretty pap. Highgate is the closest nice area (or muswell hill) but doesn't offer much. The pubs griff mentioned are all ok but they are more Sunday lunch pubs imo.

My advice, after ally pally grab the nearest tube to nearer where you are staying and go out there.
  • You can do crawl in Highgate (10 mins from ally rally) start at the Woodman next to Highgate station, up archway road to the Highgate Inn, then on to The Victoria on north hill, then a snack at The Bull, then to The Wrestlers, the Red lion, The Gatehouse (Whetherspoons though), The Flask, then The Prince of Wales (high street), The Angel and finally head back to archway road and hit up boogaloo.
  • Yeah, the better curries are more around whiechapel than actually on brick lane. I've not been, but everyone seems to rate Tayyabs pretty highly.

If youre staying in Bethnal Green, there's a new Meat Liquor place opened up in Hoxton Square, called Meat Mission which you might find easier to get to. Went last night, I recall ML being a little bit swankier, food is same though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!