Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tomb Raider: Underworld had minimal combat, and that was still too much. Albeit proper shan.

L.A. Noire should've amalgamated the violence from The Untouchables and Miller's Crossing and left it at that.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    This isn't bad in itself but I've shot approximately 8 bajillion men from a stationary cover position during the last gen and not inclined to take any more lives.

Do you remember The Club? Many of Uncharted 2's later chapters can be treated as time-attack runs. They offer what The Club failed to. I used to zip through one or two as warm-ups while waiting for our multiplayer lobbies to fill.

Yes, the first time I did them I had to crouch and wait to see what was what, but as my knowledge of the AI increased on reruns, so too my enjoyment.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aka Is this 15 minute snippet enough for us to judge the entire game on? Why yes, yes it fucking well is.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    "the rock formations do leave a bit to be desired at this point"

I'm out guys.
  • A lot of the DF stuff interests me cos of the tech analysis but god imagine being one of those preening fucks who goes around toting frame rate dips and lack of assumed fidelity only assumed to be there from a pre-rendered fluff teaser.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They're fucking mental.
  • This is a really good, detailed dissection (tech & gameplay). I missed almost all the subtle things that this guy highlights:

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    A lot of the DF stuff interests me cos of the tech analysis but god imagine being one of those preening fucks who goes around toting frame rate dips and lack of assumed fidelity only assumed to be there from a pre-rendered fluff teaser.
    They're like blithering audiophiles.  "This USB enhancer offered crisper highs, richer mids and slightly fuller bass; well worth the $2000".  IT'S DIGITAL U FULE sigh
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Not played UC, but can tell the mega-death would trouble me. The TR reboot was guilty of the hero-massacre-syndrome too. Felt very odd.

Even found it a bit in tLoU when fighting other humans. Ellie especially, seemed weirdly capable of offing multiple gangs of thugs with little effort or lasting psychological trauma.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • She's a cover-shooter machine, though. Dragged my ass through GoW2.
  • He means the in-game npc, not the erstwhile forumite.
  • Ahahahaha.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's true though, Muse is a cold-blooded killer.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • She's a beast, and pretty tops with makeup, leah conveys her envy of her mastery from time to time

That thing posted by indigo seemed like a mad torrent of fanboy gibberish at times, some slightly relevant things but a lot of it was non-points, or not worth mentioning or wrong, i actually noticed more of the wrong things than the good things that time through, and it has got lots of really neat art, and its chiefly art in the nicest sense, being properly handworked by decent talent rather than wrangled from generators/easy bodges, but it's also got a bunch of stuff i wasnt that impressed by, like the ocean seemed much less impressive than previous uncharted efforts with water, guy kept mentioning tessellation when i couldn't see anything to have me assume it was tessellated (although sure, why not) and after exposure to some really impressive animation thingers, i can see where those kind of thingers slot into the very lovely animation but very much thinger-augmented. That's your lot of pro jargon for this week
  • The ocean was 100% meh. Overall it was very impressive though.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Noticed Escape uploaded some new UC2 MP vids, that game was pure amaze:

When/Is Escape ever coming back? The forum is definitely a duller place for his absence.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    On hiatus.
  • Apparently incoming before the 31st March 2016? 

Wanna get some holiday season adverts in for that!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I always preferred the first Uncharted. 2 was good but I never managed to finish 3 even after trying several times. I'll still buy 4.... because I love the characters not because I love the game.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • The first was only good if you played it at launch and came straight from PS2 budget games. The second one was where everything was working properly and mechanics were feeding off story feeding off insane production values.
  • I completely agree with Hamlett.... now I need to take a loong shower.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    213 innit
  • ...there's a third one?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    The first was only good if you played it at launch and came straight from PS2 budget games.

And yet was still better than every other cover based shooter that wasn't its sequel on PS3.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I don't know. Vanquish is a better shooter with cover mechanics but you're encouraged not to use them unless it's God Hard.

There was a problem with how it was packaged for me. It was a stop and pop shooter that looked like a puzzle adventure. Shoot your way to an ancient artifact, flip some switches that are more accurately described as a task than a puzzle, shoot your way out, do some light platforming.
  • First one was the most gamey.  I liked the Smash TV style enemy spawning as I enjoyed the gunplay.  Third one has an untouchable middle section but the bookends are comparatively crap.  It was also cheekily short (13hrs for No.2 became 8-9), and an hour of its length was spent walking around a museum or holding up in the desert, Journey style.  Therefore Muzzy's order is correct for me.

3 is also the only game I can remember having to change the look sensitivity on aside from Halo.  That stuff about the broken aiming that annoyed sections of the internet (was patched soon after launch, maybe?) but wasn't noticed by some players really bothered me.
  • Vanquish may appeal to some and I suppose is more of a pure shooter? 

I should probably rephrase that as the second best third person game on PS3.
    The Forum Herald™
  • There was a section in the 3rd when all the cover is bobbing up and down on pontoons and I recall having to pick my jaw up. For that reason, for me, 3 may edge 1. Just maybe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!