General Bear Knuckle
  • The Dudley thread over on www.shoryuken.com will point you in the right direction for getting started.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Cheers chaps.
  • An inspirational video for you Bollockoff:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=Ml9QjEVUp5Q
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That was great to watch. Although I hope getting into fighting games dosn't turn me into the guy playing Dudley.

Got up to challenge 16 with him. Stuck for half an hour getting the timing right on the link from crouching medium punch to jet upper then did it. Time for bed.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    D-pad is really starting to irritate the left thumb.
  • If you fancy sticking with fighting games for a while, you could look into getting an arcade stick. You can pick up some reasonable sticks fairly cheaply these days.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'll probably borrow a friend's first to see if it makes much of a difference for me at this stage.
  • If you've never used one before, it won't have immediate effects, outside of alleviating thumb pain.

They take a period of time to get used to, but most people find them to be beneficial in the long run.
  • Or get a MadCatz fight pad which has far better d-pad.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Cherry_Pez wrote:
    As far as Aris goes, he said some dumb shit, apologized for it, went away.

Did he really apologise, though? Last time I checked he'd done the old politician trick of "I'm sorry if anyone was offended", which isn't really an apology when you think about it.
    Roujin wrote:
    Aris situation, I need to rewatch the video, but I watched the first half at lunch and there was nothing in there, Miranda appears to be laughing along with it?

She's clearly really uncomfortable, though. It's the kind of laughing someone does when they don't know what else to do.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • It's quite clear that Pez and Roujin are just as big an issue as Aris and therefore we must shun them until they realize the error and evil of their mysogyny. Roujin even has a picture with Kayo Police to try and hide his hatred for women everywhere but we all know she's a guy, Rouj... you're not fooling anyone!

Bollockoff: Get a cheap-ish arcade stick if you can. Then you can play Street Fighter in the arcades and boss it like a fiend. Once you go stick, you'll never go bick. Or back, rather.
  • MY SECRET SHAME!

I confess, I confess, I hate women! I hate them, I was traumatised as a teenager when I asked the hottest girl in school out on a date in front of everyone at lunchtime and she laughed in my face and then everyone started pointing and laughing and they shouted 'AHAHAHA LOOK AT ROUJIN HES GOING TO CRY LOOK WHAT A GAY! AAAAAAAAH GAYLORD! GAAAAAAAAAYLOOOOOOORD!' 

Ever since that day I vowed that I would live out my days as a petty mysonginist. My prejudice runs so deep I never use female characters in videogames ever. In fact I wont even buy a game if the lead character has boobs. 

The only reason I have a picture of me and Kayo Police is because she is a dude.
  • Yeah he put out a written apology afterwards,

"I understand that I said some controversial statements on the Cross Assault show, and a lot of people are deeply offended with what was said. When I made these statements, I was very heated as I felt that the culture of a scene I have been a part of for over 15 years was being threatened. I unfortunately used extreme examples in the heat of the moment and feel that my statements don’t actually communicate how I feel. This is similar to what people say when they get into an argument with their girlfriend, and they say things that they deeply regret. I sincerely apologise if I have offended anyone. My statements do not reflect those of Capcom or myself. The last thing I want to do is get them in trouble for giving me and the fighting game community the opportunity to have an amazing show like this.

What I was trying to communicate is that mild hostility has always been a defining characteristic of the fighting game scene. Back when arcades were more prevalent, people didn’t like newcomers, and players needed to fight and pay their dues to get respect. The debate I was in was with a person who supported professional leagues, who have intent to censor the community to make it more accessible. I think the sink or swim mentality is something that defined our culture, and if that succeeds it removes something which has been important to help create some of the best fighting game players of our time. I was unfortunately unable to make this point clearly. Again, I am deeply sorry for offending anyone. This was a combination of the people taking things out of context and my own inability in the heat of the moment to defend myself and the community I have loved for over 15 years."

Anyway, old news, one more sleep to go till TTT2, sadly Amazon were speaking out of their behinds with P4A's release date so the wait goes on...
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • You can be a stern motherfucker without also being a gross tool.
  • Trufax.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I'll probably borrow a friend's first to see if it makes much of a difference for me at this stage.

Bollockoff, if you're on PS3, I've got one of those PS3 official fightpads you can have (Blanka and wireless).  Happy to send it to you if you pay for postage.  PM me if interested.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Lovely offer tar mate but i've already got a Ryu one from when I impulse bought the collectors SF IV when it came out. I'm not using it because I don't want to keep buying batteries.
  • Rechargeable batteries? I haven't bought any batteries in years.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Never used them. I'll venture fourth and trial some.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Yeah he put out a written apology afterwards, [...]

Hmm. He is partially forgiven. Seems legit, but he's still a twat.
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Never used them. I'll venture fourth and trial some.

Rechargeable batteries are the way forward.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • So is Persona 4 Arena not being released today then? Saw a post by Pez somewhere regarding Amazon lying. I WANTZ IT NOW!!!
  • I think Pez said his copy was now being delivered tomorrow, he was just bummed because its going to his work, not home address!
  • Nah it was Amazon's guesstimate bullshit dressed up as an official email. So who knows, had a look on Persona Europe's FB and still no official word. What a colossal fuck up. Anyway, TTT2 day, no reason to feel bummed at all!
  • Speaking of which, the postman just delivered it! Gettu hypu.
  • "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Yes, but where is P4 Arena?!?! What are ArkSys playing at?!!!!
  • Fuck that noise, show us the new installment Cappo.
  • All there is to go on so far is the ominous "Art style similar to SF4". Really hope they go a bit more out of the box bananas with it but there should be a trailer soon. Fingers crossed it's not a massive pile of crap. Also SFxT v2013. Lulz. Still, they've already nixed the god awful "Gem" effect, now just the total removal of Gems in general and we'll be getting somewhere. 

Som, Atlus and Arksys have little to do with it as far as I can tell, it's published in the EU by some other (utterly useless) company who seem to be happy to let it lose any global release hype and bring it out when they're good and ready. I'm sure BlazBlue had the same issue over here as well, but at least you could import the US version on PS3...
  • DARKSTALKERS

giving vampire saviour the 3so treatment is exactly what i have wanted ever since 3so. i am rejoice

and yeah, the p4a situation sucks. the first blazblue took 9 months to get a EU release but luckily it wasn't region locked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!