General Bear Knuckle
  • Vamp Saviour is a title I wish I had the reflexes for.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Is a title I wish I had the eyes for.

Sasquatch appeals, but.
  • Anakaris motherfucker
  • Sasquatch is my main squeeze, Anakaris is awesome but the level of entry is so high, plus he's the only character with no push-block in VSAV. For me it's one of those fighters that just feels right the moment you start playing, characters move about with a tightness, the game mechanics give it a great back and forth feel and the character design is just superb. You guys should pick it up, it'd be nice to have more than just me and Smang playing when it finally arrives!
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • There's just too much going on in it for me - I need a more sedate pace and level of pyrotechnics.
  • Ah fair enough, it is fairly break neck in it's pacing. But the air blocks, tech hits and counters mean pressure's always felt manageable to me. Unlike facing Seth in SF4 for example.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'll give it a twiddle if it's cheap.

Monetary sense.
  • 1200 point monies I would have thought.
  • i hope people like it. it's one of the best 2D fighters from the mid 90's era (imo). mechanically i don't think there's much to overwhelm 'new' players, if you've played a 2D game before you should be fine. 

the hardest piece of execution you need to get going is the guard cancel really (srk whilst in blockstun).

the speed of play is somewhere around marvel 1, but one character makes it less hectic to look at.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Capcom have announced Street Fighter X Tekken 2013, in which they fix everything... except what needs fixing.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bought GGX2ACP, anyone else playing it? Absolutely love it, nice to see I still remember some Sol tatctics, but ideally I want to start playing as Venom, Anji or Baiken again. I even got pretty ok with Zappa and Faust in the past. No Justice though, unless he is an unlockable.

I see that P4 Arena is released on GoD on Nov 6th. WTF? Still no news on the disc release. I want it on disc dammit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Loving Vemon when I get to play, never gelled with a character so quickly.

I've decided not to buy these old fighter re-releases though, don't play them enough, although they are excellent fun to play locally. @smang knows most things about most old school fighters, going to his occasionally is enough. Plus they completely broke this version, no lobbies and woeful online connections. Shame, cos it feels like my favourite in this recent spat.
  • Online connection thus far has been fine for me, few laggy fights, but then that's been the same since beat em ups and the internet. "Woeful" it aint, lack of lobbies is a pisser but the game is great and I'm just enjoying playing it rather than worrying about having loller 7 man lobbies. 

Som, it'd be good to get some games, I'm maining Baiken.
  • I would be on if my 360 bothered connecting to Live. Don't have problems with iOS devices or PS3, so it can't by my Internet.
  • Bah, sort it! You tried port forwarding on your router etc? 

Also that is some bullshit about P4A, I'll probably end up cancelling my Amazon order and just buy it, been a total farce as is, can't be bothered to wait any more. Not like the boxed copy will have anything good in it anyway.
  • I know, I just prefer to see a shelf load of games. I'll just get it on GoD too.

I don't know much about routers. I've got one of those Virgin super hub things for a 30mb connection. I'll check it out tomorrow, should have time after work. 

Strangest things happen. I was playing some practice/sp Garou, then quit to dashboard and it logs into Live. Then disconnects. Then I go to bed. Fucking fuck. 

How's your Baiken? Taste good? You played this before? I need to practice.
  • Not played a huge amount, some at Smang's and one evening's practice. She seems to suit me quite well, love the counter game and good pokes are always a bonus.  Just getting character match up knowledge at the moment, everyone is so mental and working out what they can do has been an adventure in itself. 

Game feels great though, liking the combo freedom and the speed of it all feels nice and right.
  • Tempting me to buy it you are. Bad online comment was based on Max's review. My main issue with no lobbies is i only know you and Smang that are playing so it'd be hard to practice, also watching others play is pretty useful.
  • Yeah I saw that, dunno, could be the benefits of having a closer region but apart from a few wayward fights (not unplayable mind you) the netcode has held up fine. Lobbies is an oversight that I hope (but doubt) they'll fix, I just dig the hell out of the game so 1 vs 1's is fine by me. At least it's bloody playable as opposed to KoF.

Just had my first proper delve in to Marvel Super Heroes, much larks. I do love a game with Alpha Counters of some sort, I find VSAV's srk input for it a bit alien though, the quarter circle back in this clicks pretty much immediately. 

Anyway, AE discarded and a wealth of old classics to play, good times.
  • Got sick of having an old xbox se fightstick around, despite not owning an xbox anymore. found they sold the same stick for ps3 in CEX for about £30, and my one would exchange for 20odd (prob why I hung onto it).

So I spent a day in the office getting my sanwa parts out of it (fuck those gates!) so I could put them in my new ps3 stick. When I unboxed it to give it a look, the dude who traded it in had modded it into a beast. Awesome JLF stick, octo gate, new Sanwa buttons, red spray job, but unfortunately he had taken his art off the top and left the default design (I need to find a good printing place for replacing that).

Weirdest thing was I was tearing the box up to throw it out (have a bag for it) and a naked USB device fell out of the box. Thinking it MUST be government secrets my boss tried to figure out what was on it, and it had two little buttons on it. Turns out it's used for hacking PS3 consoles? Didn't know they could be hacked?

All in all, a good day.
  • Any idea when GGX2ACP is available on EU PSN? It's probably one of my favourite games of all time and I can't wait to get back into it. Can't wait to get ma Jam on.
  • Shame you're on PS3, otherwise wecould spar.
  • Hey Cosmic, I've had a look around various places but can't find a solid date, as far as most places go it should have been a simultaneous week thing. If you do get it when it arrives and are properly up for it I'll happily buy it for PS3 as well. Need more folks to play!
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Hey Cosmic, I've had a look around various places but can't find a solid date, as far as most places go it should have been a simultaneous week thing. If you do get it when it arrives and are properly up for it I'll happily buy it for PS3 as well. Need more folks to play!

Cheers, hopefully its next week. Will let you know if I pick it up! Might play the old psp and catch up with some characters beforehand. Think i have it on wii somewhere too.
  • Som, where did you hear P4A would be available for direct download today? I was nosing about on xbox.com a few days ago and it still had all the dlc with the wrong dates, go on there today, hold my breath and now P4A seems to have vanished from the site entirely...
  • Was in Shibby today so found that arcade that's Â¥50 only a pop. Took a decent Hugo to 5 rounds twice, muffing both. Ho and hum.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    You're out of land then, eh?

Do the arcades appear to be any more or less packed since the last time you lived out there?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Som, where did you hear P4A would be available for direct download today? I was nosing about on xbox.com a few days ago and it still had all the dlc with the wrong dates, go on there today, hold my breath and now P4A seems to have vanished from the site entirely...

xbox360achievements.org, who post newsd and dates received from Major Nelson. Not there, eh? Bugger them fucking twats. I've got plenty to play anyway, but how hard is it to release a game?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!