General Bear Knuckle
  • Hit me up on Xrd. I need to get back into it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • How much on PC? I can't keep buying fighting games like this... I might just drop out of the arms race and put time into GGXrd2... It's clicked with me.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    You on PC?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • PS4. No cross play?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Nah... I think I've asked Rouj before. :[
  • Soz no crossplay, also you need to make sure you're on Rev 2.

Feel free to hit up me and Smang tho for GG!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've bought this

For switch

You know what to do

(Leaves loaded shotgun)
  • Roujin wrote:
    Soz no crossplay, also you need to make sure you're on Rev 2. Feel free to hit up me and Smang tho for GG!

I should do so soon. Keep meaning to!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I've bought this For switch You know what to do (Leaves loaded shotgun)

I suppose you mean SF 30th? I’m going PS4 baby!
  • I have a stick for PS4 but I know I won't ever play it on PS4 whereas I might actually play it on Switch even though I'll have to play on pad.

Christ. Life is hard. :/
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    I've bought this For switch You know what to do (Leaves loaded shotgun)

I suppose you mean SF 30th? I’m going PS4 baby!

I have a fightstick for PS4. This is why the shotgun
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    GET TO THE LOBBY
  • So after several hours of street fighting I can happily give the collection a thumbs up - with the aside of "be aware of what you are buying". I've been a fan of SF for years (while not being able to really go to town in terms of practice) so for me this on switch was a no-brainer. To have a nice little selection of these games in pocket form is great and I'm sure those in the know could probably do it through emulation, this works really well. Value wise, €50 feels a little steep but if you really like SF it's worth it. If not, maybe wait for a sale. Also worth noting that if you buy on the other formats you get Ultra SF4 which is a great deal. They should have added something for the switch as compensation.

All the games play well and its fun seeing how much better the game got over time while still being more than playable in its original state. In fact, it was quite fun playing World Warrior and noting some of the little touches that would be ironed out (the damage Blanka takes if he is hit mid-roll - holy crap!) I can see most of the games getting some game time with SF1, Champ edition, Super, Alpha and 2nd Impact being the only ones that will be left aside. Alpha 2 is a nicer balanced version of 3 (I fav 3, reminds me so much of the over the top nature of CvsSNK2) SF3 is fun and quick to play through, as is world warrior so theres value to them. The highlights are Hyper, Super Turbo and 3rd Strike - all very playable. Not sure if its to do with emulation but the inputs improve immensely as the game was updated.

The Museum is a bit disappointing. It's a nice novelty but other than the bit on SF2 (which is genuinely enjoyable) the other stuff is fluff. Nice, but no substance. Not sure what the sprite viewers value is, aside from seeing Ryus fireball animation progress its pretty much done and dusted for me.

The main issue is the controllers. Now I'm not saying they're great but the standard joycons work for one player. I was able to play in portable mode without too much trouble but technical fighters or higher level game does not feel really do-able. The pro pad works great though and is a nice way to play. For multiplayer you can use the individual joy cons but honestly I cant see anyone finding this fun because the analogues are just not up to the task of controlling your fighter. I'd imagine local multiplayer will need at least a pro pad, with the dog pad being used for the other player.

Personally I'm very happy with this, a port of Ultra would have been great and given the 3ds had a decent version, I'd imagine Capcom will be hoping to milk this for a while before working on that.
    SFV - reddave360
  • PS4 version is a pile of shite apparently

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/8mvni7/30th_anniv_on_ps4_is_a_hot_mess/

I don't know if xbox is any better.
  • Just had a wee dip in the Steam one, no crises yet.
  • I bought on switch, and in two minds about it. On the one hand, the alphas and 3rd strike on a pirtable is awesome, really love those games. On the other, the joy cons are not... very good at all. I might get used to it, but I remember really liking alpha 3 on psp as the dpad was great for fighters. This has at least made me cancel my blazblue cross tag order, and it was £33 in argos so not too much money wasted if I trade it in.
  • The joypads are serviceable but I don't know if you could play the game on a hard level with them. I also feel the buttons dont have enough spring for really getting the jabs out.

Online play I must admit I dont really care about. For me this compilation is all about playing as the weird characters. I've no interest in going online and facing legions of Ryus & Kens
    SFV - reddave360
  • I played Rev2 online for the first time in months last night. Rusty old Potemkin but classic scenes. God bless anti air supers on characters with command grabs.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Hah brilliant!
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Would have preferred to see Virtua Fighter 6 but at least them doa bois can start stocking up on lotion.
  • Dogura just got washed 0-3 by Leffen and then lost to USA anime saviour Lordknight in DBFZ.

Am on sudoku watch. I miss his SF4 bipson days.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    SFV, I know, but it was nice to see him wake up just in time to tear through losers in Eleague last week, a salty early disconnect from MenaRD to cap it off.  I think he'd gone 1-4 up until the elimination stage.
  • Yeah he went on a tear last year as well through 3 or 4 of the US majors in quick succession. Mena, holy fuck I think he has a record for the quickest turnaround from becoming a fan favourite to becoming almost universally disliked and revealing himself to be a fucking pissbaby.

I should declare my true Dogura bias though, I first came to love him for his Robo Ky waaaaaay back in the old GG Accent Core days. I hope robo gets put into Xrd at some point, I had so much fun with him. Love me a good power up mechanic in a character.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Anyone watching this Power Summit event? The world's highest rated DBZF players, all invited to one house, to play matches for near enough 24 hours, over 3 days...

At least that's what I think' s going on...
  • Anyone got a 360 stick that wanna sell?
  • Anyway, I've managed to get about 80% of the fightmans crew at work into 3s, loving it. Currently rocking Ken and Chun (yeah I know) just about top dogging it, my main man T bringing his urien a close second. Loving the fightmans atm. Watching nothing but 3s on YouTube whenever I can. Good times.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Anyone got a 360 stick that wanna sell?
    I think I've got one somewhere. It's one of the white SFIV sticks. I stuck some sanwa's, I think, and a 8 way gate in it

I'll see if I can find it.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I have a TE stick I've been meaning to sell. White version.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!