Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    First the record, I assume this was melee as I don't think ice climbers are in ultimate, and let me just reaffirm my stance of FUCK MELEE in 2019, the fucking pissbabies.
    Ice Climbers are in Ultimate. AFAIK it has everything previous games had and then some. But I don't know.
  • Shit.

If it's Ultimate I'll allow it. Albeit the caveat of booing absolute gamesmanship is kinda lame in a competitive environment.

If its Melee though...REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Had a look at the article and it was Melee.

Think the Ultimate scene is pretty big here in SoCal, but every time I look up an event I just feel old. Caught a little bit of a tournament at the cherry blossom festival a couple weeks ago, it was all set up quite nicely but they had a lot of games going on at the same time, so there was no commentary.
  • anyone here on the MK wagon?
  • Yup.

Core game is good. Progress is a total fucking mess.
  • the grind? yeah it seems super long and aimed at microtransacting. a shame, i would have liked some costumes but its borked.
  • I watched all the fatalities. That'll do.
  • Smang wrote:
    the grind? yeah it seems super long and aimed at microtransacting. a shame, i would have liked some costumes but its borked.

Yeah, absolute state.
    Estimates online suggest 3000hrs to unlock everything or $6000.

Trouble is only 5 randomly selected things are available for purchase every 8 hours, so it still takes a couple of thousands of hours to purchase everything through microtransactions.

Even if you just want one certain skin or item you could waiting hundreds and hundreds of hours for the opportunity to purchase it. It's like if Tesco only sold 5 different items per day.

They have managed to make it the worst kind of grindy microtransaction hell but they don't even benefit from catching a whale.

This is before we even get into fucking about hoping augments match gear once you have spent time levelling them.

Or the unlock I now need in the Krypt that requires doing 50 Fatalities on a certain character in Tower modes only. So I have to wait until they appear on a tower, beat them, fatality, repeat 50 times. That is to get one of 3 amulets for a certain puzzle, another of the amulets involves the forge, with 3 ingredients needed with their own stipulations. None of which is explained in game btw.
  • NRS have already said they'll be changing it as far as I know.
  • They have made some changes but it is still a joke.
    They need to wholesale redesign the systems.
  • sounds horrible, i'm just playing MP and ignoring everything else. might dip into story mode if i'm bored
  • Story is decent enough, although I can't be bothered with the end boss, usual fighting game cheating twat.

It is worth doing up to the Scorpion/Sub Zero chapter to unlock Frost.
  • ah i was wondering why she wasn't part of the season pass. I'm not buying any extra shit...

what about Shao Khan?
  • @Smang

If you want to farm currency go to Klassic Towers.
    Select Survivor, choose whoever you may want to level up gear with.
    Set to Very Easy and turn on AI.
    However, if you want to run for higher rounds ensure to balance AI toward Combo and Kounter in the Kustomisation section.

You have to monitor it to start each match but can watch Netflix or something on a tablet while it goes.

One round matches, the AI nearly always does a Fatlaity or Brutality, gaining you a heart. Matches are very quick and often Flawless.

Should land between 300 and 400 Koin, 10 Soul and 1 heart per match, or every 60 seconds including loading.

Edit: First run should also net 6250 koins, 250 souls and 50 hearts as a bonus.
  • I love Jax in this though.
    The glowing arms, quick punches and anvil like sound effects are great.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    @Smang If you want to farm currency go to Klassic Towers. Select Survivor, choose whoever you may want to level up gear with. Set to Very Easy and turn on AI. However, if you want to run for higher rounds ensure to balance AI toward Combo and Kounter in the Kustomisation section. You have to monitor it to start each match but can watch Netflix or something on a tablet while it goes. One round matches, the AI nearly always does a Fatlaity or Brutality, gaining you a heart. Matches are very quick and often Flawless. Should land between 300 and 400 Koin, 10 Soul and 1 heart per match, or every 60 seconds including loading. Edit: First run should also net 6250 koins, 250 souls and 50 hearts as a bonus.

interesting, ill look into it. i wondered what that ai shiz was about, clearly its related to the grind. 

it's annoying, i just want a few costumes :( are there any unlocked via story mode?
  • Yeah, you get some for going through story mode.

Was doing the AI thing last night, it's all a bit depressing. Bought a game to have it play itself.
  • yeah ill do story mode and fuck the grind. not interested in 'gear' for a fighting game.
  • @Smang
    Update is now out across all platforms except Switch.

They have done a fair bit to take some of the bullshit out of Towers, including fixing some konsumables so they actually work.
    Currency drops are up across the board.

They have also gifted 500k Koins, 1k Souls and 500 Hearts.
    The Shao Kahn head topped chests are in set positions with set content for everyone. So my advice is to look up online which of those contain skins for characters you use and hit up a couple of them with the hearts.

https://www.gosunoob.com/guides/mk11-heart-chest-loot-locations-mortal-kombat-11-krypt/
  • cheers Liv, got some alts from doing all the tutorials and story mode. mainly wanted a 'normal' Kitana and now has :)

i still can't quite fathom the 7 different types of 'kurrency', nor do i think i care about most of the gear.
  • I just remembered - 3S is now a full 20 years old. Nothing better since.
  • Guilty Gear is 21 and a day, so you're sort of right.
  • Garou was released six months after Third Strike.

For it's flaws, SF IV is also better than 3S.

MvC2, 3, and Infinite are all better than 3S to me.

As is SFxT.

Sticking to just 2D, GG XX Accent Core and Xrd (all versions) are better.

Several versions of Blazblue too, with Central Fiction being the best of them.

KoF 2002, XIII, and XIV are all better.

For the record, I do like 3S.
  • Smash Bros Ultimate. 

NOT
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Smang wrote:
    Guilty Gear is 21 and a day, so you're sort of right.

Yesssss

KoF 2002, XIII, and XIV are all better.

To this day, KoFXIII is one of the hypest games I've ever seen in a tournament setting, right up there with UMvC3 and GG for me. Bless the Overdrive (it is Overdrive in XIII right?) meter and all the insane combos it facilitated. The Mexico vs Korea rivalry at Evo was fucking great.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Hyperdrive ;)

overdrive is BB i think.
  • I found out yesterday that it's Samurai Shodown not Samurai Showdown. Wtf.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Garou was released six months after Third Strike. For it's flaws, SF IV is also better than 3S. MvC2, 3, and Infinite are all better than 3S to me. As is SFxT. Sticking to just 2D, GG XX Accent Core and Xrd (all versions) are better. Several versions of Blazblue too, with Central Fiction being the best of them. KoF 2002, XIII, and XIV are all better. For the record, I do like 3S.

This is offensive but I'll survive.
  • I loved KOF XIII, the art style still looks fucking glorious today, pity the netcode was so flakey.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!