Zelda
  • The art style does grate somewhat. I'd have prefered it to be hand drawn rather than rendered, it's definitely the same place, but the look is ever so slightly off.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I'd prefer chunky pixels like the original.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    The art style does grate somewhat. I'd have prefered it to be hand drawn rather than rendered, it's definitely the same place, but the look is ever so slightly off.

Agreed.  I'm not quite sure what to make of it overall, and the non-running movement seems painfully slow, but along with the new Yoshi it's pretty much the incentive I was looking for to buy a 3DS.  If the puzzle design is good, as I'm sure it will be, then I'm sure I can grow to like the visual style.  When Wind Waker was first revealed I was disappointed, but it didn't take long for me to warm to it (to the point where I now think it's one of the most beautiful games ever, and wonder how I could have been such an idiot).
  • I think the non-running movement could just be down to analog control.

Graphics look fine to me, I just think its far to close to Link.

Zelda will always divide fans and critics alike now, especially when it comes to art direction.

I just pray this is Nintendo not Capcom and YI is in house too. I want a true sequel to the SNES classic, no Yoshi's Story or Artoon DS.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Left handed Link returns!!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • As much as I love lttp, and as excited as I was to see this mentioned online earlier...watching that short clip has somewhat grounded me - not as blown away as i'd have hoped. I will reserve judgement but I sincerely hope this is Nintendo making this.
  • I'd play that. I doubt it's going to be particularly good.
  • Why would you play something that you think won't be good?
    Your anti-loz schtick has reached an all-time trolling nadir, senior brooks.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    What a silly old Mexican.

The original was hamstrung by hardware, trying its best to portray a shrunken wonderland in sharp-pixelled acuity. This smudginess is in tribute to the actuality, not to the scope of its virgin enterprise.
  • Could work, but I've no huge confidence that Nintendo of today know good dungeon puzzling. This seems like a barrel scrape.
  • Mk's prediction...

It's going to be immense.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • @senior brooks Yeah I'm thinking along those lines too, sadly.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Do a barrel scrape.

And learn to fly again, learn to live so free
  • when did ninty last produce a not very good zelda game?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Everything since Awakening has had issues that make them difficult to embrace.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yes.

Dismissal of B and I as a minority fails to respect our grievances. And it's not altogether whinge, whinge, fuckin' whinge for the sake; 'tis a series of one-time great merit.
  • wtaf? 

I dont know how many Zelda games since awakening have had edge 10's. 

Yeah.. Oot, the best game ever.. must be difficult to embrace..  *facepalm*

edit - infact, I can't think of a series which has had such a high level of quality in so many games or over such a long period. Its probably even higher than mario if you take into consideration the amount of change in the art styles etc.
  • The fuck does an Edge 10 mean.

Pleading via consensus, hmm yeah that's gonna work.
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Again, that's not actually relevant to me.
  • fair enough I can't argue with YOU not thinking the zelda games are awakening are great. 

but i can't help but thinking you're being...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtiF_n_R9sA
  • You can't help a lot of things.
  • nit picking. Didn't have you down for that.
  • Even as sarcasm, I'm not sure how that's supposed to make me think less of myself.
  • perhaps its not worth your time coming into this thread anymore.. i mean.. come on.. nintendo have failed to make an embracing zelda game for you in literally 20 years.
  • I go where my justice is needed.
  • such a hero
  • Accept my justice.
  • maybe we should give you a sword and shield. 

Brooks - Standing for justice for all who think Zelda is hard to embrace
  • Brooks wrote:
    Everything since Awakening has had issues that make them difficult to embrace.

Maybe this is why they're making ALttP2? After all this is (unless outsourced) the first 'traditional' 2D Zelda game since Awakening made by Nintendo.

Imagine the hype a FFVII HD or FFVII-2 would get. Nintendo are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!