A thread for the pets
  • nick_md wrote:
    Man I'm super cut up about what to do with my cats. Plan was to re-home them and there's a family coming over on Saturday to see them, but damn I'm having heart pangs now about the girl, considering keeping her. Problem is my head says they'll be better off together in a family home, but my heart is in pieces as they've both, and her in particular, become super affectionate and attached to me. They cry when I leave the house in the morning, I hear them crying as I unlock the door on my return home. They both run up to me when I enter, and they both climb onto my lap when I'm watching TV. Really don't know what to do anymore; go with my head or with my heart. I'm shit at making decisions, which doesn't help.
    Man, that's a tough call.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The crying thing is usually just an act, mine cries when I get to the door, but I see him in the window making sure it's me before he runs up and starts making noise at the door.

If it's someone other than me coming in when I'm not there he doesn't even bother to come to the door.

It's hard but MCs are pretty chill. Mine will gladly accept rubbins from anyone, as they're brother and sister I'd do the hard thing and send them to the same family. They're going to be loved wherever they end up, which is the main thing.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • My Toby cries out quite often just going about the house. Its usually either "hey can someone come let me out now I've had food??" or "hey guys I've had food so pls come give me attention before I sleep it off upstairs pls" or "hey I've had a good 10hr sleep so come play with me on the stairs before I get hungry pls".
  • What I mean is is it's probably best to work towards a routine that works for both you and them. They'll adjust and settle down to it, I feel.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Man I'm super cut up about what to do with my cats. Plan was to re-home them and there's a family coming over on Saturday to see them, but damn I'm having heart pangs now about the girl, considering keeping her. Problem is my head says they'll be better off together in a family home, but my heart is in pieces as they've both, and her in particular, become super affectionate and attached to me. They cry when I leave the house in the morning, I hear them crying as I unlock the door on my return home. They both run up to me when I enter, and they both climb onto my lap when I'm watching TV. Really don't know what to do anymore; go with my head or with my heart. I'm shit at making decisions, which doesn't help.

Why are you abandoning them?
  • Love is shit thread.
  • Ah, I honestly read your post as though it was written by DS... which at the time made no sense, and therefore yielded my question. 

I understand your situation.
  • If you can keep one you can keep both. 
    We had two cats in a 2 bedroom flat they were fine.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I dunno man, it's quite a handful for me, they're *big* cats already and only 7 months old, and I think the two of them together increases the raucous as they kinda compete with each other and wind each other up / play.

Sigh. It's just shit. I'm going to see what this family are like when they come over on Saturday.
  • They'll mellow out. Keep the cats.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    They'll mellow out. Keep the cats.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Meet the potential adopties.
    You will know what is right.

As long as they are loved you can't go wrong. Don't feel pressured into keeping them if you can't cope.
  • I was gonna say something like that.  Keep them if you can/if you reckon that's best for them, vet the family they go to carefully if you can't (also, get rid now if you reckon you might have to pass them on down the line).  If you kept them, would there be a chance of the missus popping up for a spot of Kramer Vs Kramer?  'Cos if so, you'd probably lose one on the compromise.  The love thread strikes me as private so I don't nose and I'm guessing a bit here...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The cats will chill out and you will enjoy them more. But they can also be a pain in the arse when they go mental.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Brilliant :D
  • Taking him for a (small) haircut tomorrow, for the first time. Just because it might be nice for him to be able to see past his own fringe …
  • Fucksake, It’s a pain to get a direct JPG link out of the new Imgur app.

Cooper, post-haircut. Look! He has eyes.

fRBgyeX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • He doesn't look to thrilled about it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Its a fuckin wookie.
  • Hahaha
  • Yes. A very small Wookie.
  • Are you sure he's not just far away?
  • Oddly he reminds me of Jim Royale.
    "Bath time my arse"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    He's a dead ringer for Jon English.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm still convinced Cooper is a human in a dog suit - double check for a zip.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I would never find it under all that fur.
  • So, speaking of Cooper …

The wee guy has a nasty rash all over the exposed skin on his underside. Just noticed it this morning, don’t believe he had it last night. Doesn’t seem to be bothering him much, but he growled a little when I touched it so it must be a bit sensitive.

I need to investigate further when I get back to see him at lunch. If it’s all over, under his fur as well, then it’s probably an allergy to something he’s eaten. If it’s only on the exposed skin, it’s probably a contact allergy. He might have squatted to pee in a patch of nettles or something.

Vets tomorrow. Times like this I’m glad we pay a monthly sub rather than having to fork out for each visit.

It’s probably nothing, but I worry. My last dog, Riley, had really serious allergies – to dust mites, grass, and quite a few food types. It was manageable, but expensive. The poor girl got very itchy if I wasn’t careful about what she ate and how clean I kept the house, etc. I really don’t want Cooper growing up with similar issues.
  • Bramble used to scratch incessantly and break out in hives quite regularly.  I remember the feeling of dread when opening the front door if he'd been on his own.  The sad lumpyface was a terrible sight.  We never worked out what it was, cost us loads too.  Best diagnosis was "adolescent immune system, once he weathers the storm he'll probably be fine", which - while a bit unhelpful at the time - was bang on.  Hopefully they can identify what's up with Cooper.
  • Aye, I’m expecting something similar. Cooper is the very definition of adolescent right now, he’s nearing seven months old. Hopefully the vets will just treat the rash symptoms and it won’t come up again.

Poor fella though. Angry red lumps all over the place. Can’t be pleasant.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!