A thread for the pets
  • Pretty sure tibbs is planning to kill me......
    LnrIkYS.jpg
  • Hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I don't think it's nice, you laughin'
  • My dog hasn’t been herself the last couple of days. There’s nothing obvious, it’s hard to work out from her behaviour if something hurts or she’s just generally poorly. She’s still eating and pooping and the tail is still wagging, but she doesn’t have her usual Tigger-like vigour, and she’s got a pitiful look on her face. Thankfully, my dad isn’t working so he’ll be checking up on her today, and the vet is only across the road, if needs be.
  • Fingers crossed Andy. Sometimes you really wish they could talk, eh?
  • Yours don't talk?
  • poprock wrote:
    Fingers crossed Andy. Sometimes you really wish they could talk, eh?

My mum said exactly that last night. At least (hopefully) she understands that all the extra attention she’s getting means she knows we care.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Yours don't talk?

Shhh. Rule number one. Do not talk about talking club.
  • In other pet related news, I did indeed say goodbye to Tonk and Fuks last weekend, was really quite upsetting, more so than I had anticipated.

New family came round on Saturday to see the cats, really nice folk, daughter about 7 who fell in love with the 'tiggies' straight away, dad who loves big cats, move who loves animals in general. I said I'd drop the cats to them on Sunday so I can just check the home and make sure it's a decent place for them. The family invited me to stay over for Sunday dinner also, which was nice.

So yeah, I saw the new home, nice three floors, plenty of space, bit of garden that the dad said he's going to make a cat run for them. My head is convinced that they're in a good home, which is nice, plus they're together.

But, yeah, just really gut punching. Not ashamed to say I shed tears on the Saturday night and again on the Sunday morning. Waiting for the taxi to pick me up and take us to the new home, I said something like, "15 minutes guys" to the cats (yes I talk to the cats) and Fuks just came straight over and jumped on my lap purring, then Tonk came over and sat next to me, resting his head on my leg and purred. Fucking heartbreaking, it's like they knew. Tonk was crying all the way in the taxi, man had to hold himself together.

When I left on Sunday Tonk was exploring the new home and Fuks was hiding under the sofa, which she did when I first got them, so not worried.

I'm heading back there next month just to check they're settled.

Felt like I was giving up my kids though tbh, really gut punching and it gets me still if I think about it. No doubt I'm far more upset than either of the cats. I genuinely think that it's better for them though, I'm out all day and often late back whereas the new owners work from home and can shower them with just as much love as I did. Still..upsetting.

I think I'll get rescue cat sometime in the new year, once my house shit is resolved.
  • Sounds like they'll be well loved mate. Heartbreaking, but the right thing to do rather than split them up.
  • g.man wrote:
    Sounds like they'll be well loved mate. Heartbreaking, but the right thing to do rather than split them up.

Yeah I know. I just keep asking myself, 'could I have kept both?' but in honesty I think, whilst I could, they're better off where they are. Le sigh.
  • Onwards and upwards mate.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You can always pop in non-awkwardly once in a while for a pat
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Plus see the cats while you're at it
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Tough move Nick, but ultimately the right one. You already know that.

Utterly heartbreaking thing to have to do though, I feel for you.

It killed me giving up my dog when I left my ex-wife, but it was the kindest option for the dog. A few years on, I have an amazing new pup. Cooper will never fill the Riley-shaped hole in my life, but he’s a bloody brilliant dog in his own right.
  • Sorry to hear that, Nick, but at least you know (from your description) that the family will give them at least as good a life as you would have.

Good news on my pooch; she’s (mostly) back to her usual, hoppity-skippety self.
  • Good news Andy. 
    Just like people that have mood swings and can be a bit quiet for a couple of days every now and then.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Glad to hear your pooch is on the mend, Andy.

And cheers lads for the words of encouragement.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Good news Andy.  Just like people that have mood swings and can be a bit quiet for a couple of days every now and then.
    I’m not sure if that’s a dig or a general comment, but there was something physically wrong with her. My folks saw the same things as me, behaviour which suggested she was in pain somewhere, it just wasn’t clear what.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Random story.

Undercover pupper...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-41679118

Dawwww...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Smart dog.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Andy wrote:
    Good news Andy.  Just like people that have mood swings and can be a bit quiet for a couple of days every now and then.
    I’m not sure if that’s a dig or a general comment, but there was something physically wrong with her. My folks saw the same things as me, behaviour which suggested she was in pain somewhere, it just wasn’t clear what.
    Genuine comment. 
    Our cat goes a bit quiet every now and then for no reason, a day or two later she's fine and. 
    Sometimes it's just mood.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Random story. Undercover pupper... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-41679118 Dawwww...

That’s just lovely.

I’ve been considering sniffer dog training for Cooper when he’s a wee bit older. Just for fun and to give him something interesting to learn. There’s a trainer who offers classes over on the other side of Glasgow. Only thing is that it’s a touch expensive.
  • Don’t think I’d want to train him to actually run off to the East End and come back with bags of green.
  • Tough stuff Nick but it sounds like they're a good family.
  • Took cat for yearly check up at weekend, little bugger needs 2 teef out.

No worries thinks I, I got dat pet insurance. Go home to check policy, no dental cover. Fucksake.

Literally anything else goes but dental stuff. What a load of fuck. Will be switching to one including dental after this I guess.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dental shit is normally left out I thought, 'cause it's a regular.

Mate I've only owned cats once for 6 months and I know this :/ ????
  • You had two cats though, it's like a knowkedge multiplier or something!

Yeah seems pretty dumb in hindsight that it didn't occur to me.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!