A thread for the pets
  • Cute but remember, if he could, he would kill you without hesitation.
  • I'm talking about DS, obviously.
  • Omg congrats DS life bout to get 100000% better
  • Get another and call it Renton.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • LEGENDARY SPUD
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    feed it heroin
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Rack it up a couple of felines, obvs.
  • Heh.  Me & Brambo's 6 to 2 spin would have to be in the downbeat Scandinavian car ad cover style.
  • My friend's dog is lovely:

c9hG834.jpg

fiCpZMC.jpg
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Handsome boye

Sorry to change subject, but I'm in a bit of a pickle regarding Sonny.

On Thursday night my mum took him out. There's a new family two doors down. The male of the house was out with his dog chatting to two young women, and his dog got away from him (his grip was loose on the chain lead) and it went straight for Sonny. My boy is super anxious and submissive so he just froze and lay down and after getting bitten on his back, the dog then went for his jugular. American bulldog, apparently. Luckily, it all got separated and Sonny has no marks on him or any bleeding, but since he's been deeply shaken by it. The guy gave my mum a, in her words basic, apology, like "oops sorry about that". My mum remained calm and just said she was going to take him home and examine him.

This time of year is hard enough for Sonny with all the fireworks and us administering valium in his food to keep him calm so he's all over the place. He didn't need this. He's super scared now, but, he'll be ok. That's the main part. Thank god.

Now from what we can gather from this family two doors down. It's a young couple, and that house is a temp accommodation owned by the council for people to live in whilst they wait for their actual council house. The furniture is nailed down. There are rules. One of them I'm sure is no pets. Our neighbour has seen the dog at the window snarling and barking at him. They've been there for about a month, and that was the first time my mum had even seen a dog from that house, and she's out 4/5 times a day with Sonny. There's not a dog/owner in a three block radius she doesn't know about.

I don't want to go down the route of police, because Sonny is generally fine. He'll survive. I also don't want to make this a Nasty Neighbours routine where everything becomes amplified just because. There's no need for animosity here. I just... Don't think they should be keeping that dog in that house at this present time. I don't want to ruin their life, it's a young couple starting out. The guy wasn't disrespectful or aggressive towards my mum, he just clearly can't control or look after his dog as he should. Also, it was Sonny just now, he's a big collie... There's two small breed dogs either side of us. If it was them, they'd be gone, that's a certainty. Or next time it could be a wee kid. I dunno.

Should I chap on his door for a chat? Should I talk to the council? Sspca? Police? Again, I don't want/need beef or drama, just want the guy to think about his suitability of being a dog owner. The dog may have attacked my Good Boy but there's a Good Boy inside every dog imo. Don't want to go full scorched earth on the cunts.

Scott you may not know about this we're just trying to keep it schtum while we think about what to do next. Trust, my initial reaction was to go boot fuck out the cunt, but we're better than that.
  • Good on your Mum for staying so calm. I’m not sure how calm I’d be in a similar situation.

Morally it’s a minefield, I get why you’re unsure what to do next – but also that you don’t wanna just leave it be. The dog needs help, or it’s liable to end up hurting someone and at worst getting put down just because it was never properly trained.

From a practical point of view, the best thing for that dog right now is to wear a muzzle when out of the house. Sounds horrible for the dog, but it really isn’t all that bad. There are plenty of rescued dogs around here that have to go through that ‘wearing a muzzle’ phase because their behaviour, with the best will in the world, is unpredictable.

Maybe that’s a conversation you could have? Depends how confident you are of being able to have a calm chat with the guys. Training classes would be ideal, but are expensive. A muzzle’s cheap and easy. Eventually, they probably really need both.
  • Very similar thing happened to my parents and their dog.

Notify the police. They will go round and have a chat. Nothing will happen to the dog immediately but it means it is on record as having happened.
    Thing is you dont know if this dog has a habit of doing this, others may have reported it as well and if it is dangerous police can take action.

Owning a dog is no fuck about, any dog has the capacity to harm other animals or worse children if not trained properly or trained to be aggressive.

I hate these cunts that give that type of breed a bad name.
  • Fuck that. Mary walks my boy near that house, what if it went for him.

There's a very quiet way I can bring this to the councils attention, but I'll leave it to you and Mary, gav.
  • +1 respec'. If I sense a hint of dickishness from them, I'll pull that trigger.
  • Because it’s dog on dog, and there’s no injury to your dog, the Police would tell you to contact your dog warden. You should be able to get their number from your council website. The dog warden will come and speak to you and your mum, to get your story, and will then go and speak to him. That also gives the warden an idea of the environment a dog is being kept in. It’s generally more informal than involving Police.

The lowest level is that she’ll give him some advice. The next level up is that they’ll get him to formally agree to certain terms (eg dog must be on a lead / muzzled while in public) and if he then breaches that agreement, the dog can be taken away.
  • Thanks, Andy. Sound advice that's about on the money for the strength I'd like to take.
  • Saw a thing on one of the various cat pages I follow, about pet's names vs what the owners actually call them. Here's mine:

Pet's actual name: mojo

Names I actually call her: moje, momo, mo, little mo, emoji, mojito, silly/sweet/pretty girl, ya wee shite, pusspuss, moomoo.

I call her by her actual name about 5 percent of the time.

Anyone else do this?
  • Clayton
    Gets called Clay, Clayton when he is in trouble. A technique my parents used on me and it works perfectly. (Ben, Benjamin)

Also call him mate, matey, clay-clay, the boy, the dog.

Getting his attention.
    Clayton, pizza roll, what's that?, who's that?, right then.
  • Dyou know, I probably only say mojo when she's doing something she shouldn't (going in cupboards for example. The baby clips on everything in my flat aren't for my 2 year old kid, they're for my 1 year old cat. She's figured out how to open them anyway), so the sound of her actual name makes her go hide under something.

Taught her to play fetch recently. Fuck trying to post a video on here these days, but it's on my instastory just now, unsheenashashin is the username.
  • I only call my dog by her name. She also responds to ‘“Hemmin,” “Oi,” and “Com’ere,” and she probably thinks those are her name too, but I don’t use variations of her name in front of her. I sometimes use “C-Dawg” in texts, but she’s not in any of my WhatsApp groups.

One of the easiest ways to make her happy is to gently repeat her name, over and over, in a sing-song voice.
  • I look forward to having a dog in my later years, I just can't offer the time to look after one atm.
  • Freddie is often Fredro or Fredly. Full name when in trouble - Freddie Benimo.
    Or nicknames - the Brown Terror, Fifty shades of brown, the sha-a-dow

George not so much, it's not that kind of name. Full name: George Sultani. One nickname is Swiss George, because she rarely gets involved in fights.

Collectively they're referred to as ladies or Muchachas
  • Sonny - sonny boy, sonny son son, ma san, ma boy
    Toby - Toby tobes, lil toblerone, Toby baby, Prince Tobe, gingerbread loaf
  • Ruby - rubinho, rubetube, rubyroo, ya mongrel, poochiepoo, smelly arse
    Bob - bobo, bobocop, mr dobolina, catboy, cunt, jaggy bastard, dopey
  • Scattershot nicknames over the years for Bramble, often involving the word 'bonce' - Brams.  Brown Bonce.  The Brown Bonstable.  Monster Bonce.  And (John) Brambo thanks to Roujin & the badgers. 

Kiki has a song that makes her wander over to investigate, she definitely recognises it and seems to love it.  Has an 80% success rate of getting her in the room, even if she's asleep for the opening bars:

Kiki Bonce, Kiki Bonce, does whatever Kiki wants.
    Kiki Minx, Kiki Minx, does whatever Kiki thinks.
    Look out - here comes the Kiki face. 

Not a worldie, but it is effective.
  • Bramble won't budge for love nor money if he's asleep, but How Much is That Doggie in the Window has a 100% success rate for disturbing his slumber.  He's been far too lazy to bark in the right places since he was 3-4ish, but it's his gimme-the-goodies tune.  Opening a bag of crisps is the only other thing guaranteed to work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!