Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
  • Do you need to delete everything except your save files? Then d/l data pack and reload Daymos' files?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yes but don't reload daymos option file it won't work until he releases new one next week I will upload it again for you when he does.
  • Ah with you. No worries, will crack on with a bit of Champs League till then. Cheers, Planster.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • patching PES 6 is the way to go! ;)
    now into season 3 in the master league.  secured promotion in season 2, snatching top of the league in the final game.  managed to make a few more signings so i'm not totally reliant on the starting 11, and off to a great start in the 'prem'. tough opening match against Man U was a goalless draw, before a few tight wins got things moving.  shock defeat against fulham (and first goal conceded) in match 6 might have concerned some fans, but bounced back with a 5-1 win over liverpool, 3-0 win at Sociedad, and then beat the mackems at the dark place.
    actually enjoying playing still, and scoring goals that make me want to save them to watch again, which is novel for me compared to recent pes/fifa which always felt like a slog to work through...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Plan XIII wrote:
    Yes but don't reload daymos option file it won't work until he releases new one next week I will upload it again for you when he does.
    What's the score here then? Can someone talk me through getting this onto my Xbox, I can't be arsed changing the names myself? Imagine you're talking to a monkey with learning difficulties.

Does it do anything about the ridiculous faces on the players? Just had a squint at the Newcastle squad and only Cabaye and Debuchy are even remotely human.
  • Download the PES data packs through the game FIRST, then download and apply Daymos' latest option file. If you look for his page on Youtube and Failbook, you should find the necessary links/tutorials. You will need a USB stick of 1gb +.

Edit: ...and yes, the latest data pack fixes a shit load of faces.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Downloading the packs now, they're taking an age. I'll have a squint for a memory stick.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nessun fucking Dorma!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Christ this totally isn't going to be worth the fucking hassle.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can't get the 360 to recognise the fucking file now. Fuck it I'm off to bed.
  • Is there an option file for the ps3 that works with the data 2 update? I've tried searching but all I seem to get linked to is forums. 

Really enjoying this game though. Maybe its that I havent had a footie game for a while but it plays really nicely - scored a nice variety of goals and the computer puts up a good game. Looking forward to tackling the master league but I wanted to see if I could get the option file first. 

Anyone?
    SFV - reddave360
  • You could try this one here:
    http://wenbediting.blogspot.de/2013/12/24-dec-2013-wenb-ps3-of-v2.html?m=1

I'm not familiar with how it all works on the PS3 so root around for instructions. For the 360, all roads seem to lead to Daymos and his YouTube/FB, there should be some PS3 tutorials and links on YouTube I would have thought.
  • Ah gentleman!

It seems pretty easy to install an option file on the ps3, just couldnt seem to find one that worked with the latest data update. 

Thanks a lot Webbins.

Edit: just to confirm for any ps3 players out there, that link works great - all proper kits and crests etc. Cheers again.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Got mine working now, by repeating exactly what I did last night. Odd, I hate this garbage, had enough of this crap when I was pissing about with DS cards.

Anyway I've still not kicked a ball in anger and I'm on baby duty now so it'll have to be later on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why are through balls broken and how do I fix them?
  • Buy next-gen FIFA.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fucking game is garbage. Played three games, I've only seen one goal and it was a last minute bullshit AI one in which they suddenly chip a through ball like Messi, then cut a ball back that no one in my defence does anything about. Laughable.

I had 60-70% of the ball in all the games, didn't really look like scoring though as even when a golden chance falls my way the players do everything they can to squander it. A rebounded shot falls to Ben Arfa, open goal with no one anywhere near him. Jobs a good 'un, tap X and it's in. Except despite the power bar being on screen and everything, so I know I've pushed the button and I'm not day dreaming, Hatem takes a touch. Fair enough, finish it now. Now, Hatem, shoot, it's an open goal. NOW HATEM! HIT THE FUCKING THING!!! Oh you've somehow managed to let the keeper get off his arse and hit him with it, despite him not even being in the goal, in fact hitting him has probably saved your blushes a bit as after looking at the replay you'd be lucky if that shot was even going to hit the corner flag.

Add in all the usual old bollocks, coupled with brand new bollocks in the form of the through balls, bizarre shielding, wonky free kicks and corners and you've got the worst football game I've played. Really bad, so bad you can't even complete the training exercises for fuck's sake.
  • Aside from all the wrong you just posted, what is the problem exactly with the through balls?
  • I'm not saying it's perfect btw.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They've added in a targeting reticule for you to aim where you're putting the ball, but you use the left stick to move that, the player who's passing the ball and the player you're passing to. They've added FIFA trick stick wankery onto the right stick, and to accommodate it they've taken the manual passing off the right stick and tried to amalgamate it into the normal through ball, and it just doesn't work.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Deja-Vu.

Nah, they've added some stuff that breaks the game in new and interesting ways, so as well as the age old complaints I've got some fresh material to work with now.
  • They've added in a targeting reticule for you to aim where you're putting the ball, but you use the left stick to move that, the player who's passing the ball and the player you're passing to. They've added FIFA trick stick wankery onto the right stick, and to accommodate it they've taken the manual passing off the right stick and tried to amalgamate it into the normal through ball, and it just doesn't work.

I don't use any of that shit, you strip away all of the bollocks and play football. Tricks you don't need to use, and even when you do, they're not as convoluted as FIFA's.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm piss farting about with a few settings now, trying to see if I can fix the game.

I'm guessing the set pieces are going to remain borked though.
  • I've scored from corners via headers, I think I've scored once from a direct FK and hit the post a couple more, so I'm not sure of the problem. I've set the game so through balls are determined by the skill of the player and not by manual means, I've found them to work quite well.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Webbo, do me a favour and try completing the training, especially the new through ball and the set up / shoot challenges. Even in a training scenario that is supposed to teach you how to do these things outside of a match they're impossible.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbo, get a cheap FIFA 14 code from eBay and play(beat me easily) me online.
  • I did the training in one sitting. A couple of head scratchers but you have to watch and read what the tutorial is asking you to do or you'll miss the fail state. The shooting does seem more sensitive in training than it does in a match, both in power and direction.

I'm sticking with PES though Frantic, unless we're talking uber cheap.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    See you in 2015 then.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!