What do you want to be when you grow up?
  • Cosby wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    When I was a nipper I wanted to work in television. Nowadays I'd like to be the inventor of the time machine so I could go back and knock some sense into my younger self. nine months older than DavyK g.man
    Aha! I got seconds on that time machine if you get it up and running G. 

Are there any alternatives that you could/would like to get into? Something that would base you in one place if the travelling is the downside.
    Nah, you go where the work is in this game. Some years that's close to home, other years, not so much.

s'all good

g.man

Come with g if you want to live...
  • I wanted to be a wwf wrestler! Used to practice a lot, I'm actually amazed me and my brother didn't do any serious damage to each other.
    Then it was to be a fireman, but after years of badgering still never got anywhere :(

@Elm have you seen the Lynx Apollo thing? I was considering it but forgot about it, will have another look as its probably my best bet.
  • Strangely, I read that as "dwarf wrestler".
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He did say in the Love thread that he prefers a shorter woman...
  • Acclaimed author of fantastical stories. Pity I find writing so fucking hard, eh.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I've only ever wanted (and I've been resisting what now seems cliche) to be an astronaut and a grandfather.

Almost given up on both.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Judging by the woman you were talking about in the Love thread, you could be halfway to the second one.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Okay. I want biological grandkids, whose parents I have raised. As I'll probably be a grandfather to a biological kid, that me and the mum had adopted when we were just 17...I'm off the pub, I need cheering up.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • I still want to be Case from Neuromancer when I grow up, even though I passed the age he is in the novel almost a decade ago. Maybe I could be Decker in Blade Runner - I've just checked and Harrison Ford was six years older than I was when he played that part. Do you think that will be enough time for replicants to be invented and then for me to train to become a police detective that hunts and eliminates the portion of them that will inevitably and quite justifiably become dissatisfied with their role as slaves to humans?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What makes you think they haven't already?

blade-runner-origami-unicorn.jpg
  • "Too bad she won't live... but then again who does?" When I worked at HMV Oxford Street I shouted that line really quite loudly to a colleague as he was going up the escalator on a busy Saturday afternoon. That amused a small number of people, and confused a much larger number.
  • excuse-me-guies-but-wtf-is-going-on-here_zps16de9e23.jpg
  • I take it you have not committed the script on Blade Runner to memory...

Or are you just objecting to the fact that I have driven this thread way off-topic? In that case I apologise. I do have a tendency to turn every conversation I'm involved in towards early 1980s rain-slick neon hyper-urban nightscape futurism. It's genuinely very annoying.
  • 34866717_zps2df318a5.jpg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It's like 2005 up in here right now.
  • I think it's like a dystopian Los Angeles in November 2019 up in here.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Harrison Ford is still six years older than you right? Or did those jacks in your knuckles come with some sort of regenerative implant?

Also do this

https://twitter.com/helenlewis/status/316490014554988545
  • I meant he was six years older than I am when he played Decker. As I suspect you well know. Or he'd have been nine years old. A nine year old Decker, what an adorable detective story that would be. Almost as adorable as Veronica Mars.

And I'm not over fifty. As I also suspect you well know.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Heh.

I know nothing. Or at least I don't try too. See that C4 ident before the Simpson's where Homer continually grabs the electrified tinny's...
  • Unless you're getting all meta and we're taking about Dekers replicant age.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Griff or whoever it was should survey the population here and do an update pie on age distribution.

We can get wet with means and such. Or at least the chart/maths bastards can.
  • Deckard, not Decker/s.
  • Sorry I was taking about Desmond.
  • I've made less than 10 posts this week, and that was one of them. What does this say about me, answers on a postcard.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I've made less than 10 posts this week, and that was one of them. What does this say about me, answers on a postcard.

That you're avoiding your Halo Legendary commitments. Damn you and your attempts at self-improvement.
  • Oh shit, yeah! Deckard! I am failing so fucking hard at the internet tonight. I can't even name the main character in my favourite film correctly, a film that I purposely derailed a thread to talk about. This is massively embarrassing. I'm going to bed now, or this:

• beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I've made less than 10 posts this week, and that was one of them. What does this say about me, answers on a postcard.

PM me your address and I will send you one whilst I am away...with an answer.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd like to go to Mars ahead of Code and move some cups.

My job - and I'd still take it - was to be Alf Thompson from Postman Pat. I love tractors, fields, and the whiff of petrol from a leaky bike tank mixed with fresh hay. I'd grow strawberries and run mad plough.

Which is what an old primary-school friend now does, after inheriting his dad's fruit-stall business and land. And he has a gorgeous house he built a couple of years ago. And a wife.

In working terms, I've never been happier than when I was on the grounds. The feeling of general usefulness from doing manly things did my confidence the world of good.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Deckard, not Decker/s.

lolz.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!