Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I have no idea why anyone wouldn't buy Skyrim for PC and not console.

• My PC wouldn't run it at even 360 level.

Later in the year, if work goes well I am spending about 3k plus vat on a work PC which, by default , will kick out some ridic skyrims.

But until then PS3 wil do.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I will happily triple dip if they remaster it for Xbone, doesn't appear to be anything in the rumour mill though.

I think (pray) we will see something of Fallout 4 at E3, even if release isn't for another 18 months after that.

A Skyrim remaster is just the thing I'm after too, but as you say, there's nary a whisper of such a thing in the pipeline. A shame. Don't really want to have to buy one of those Steam boxes to play a shiny Skyrim.

As for Fallout 4, I was anticipating an announcement at the recent Game Awards. Bethesda must have something of it to show at E3, they have to. Although there have been a few cheeky rumours that they're working on The Elder Scrolls VI, and I have to confess that that would would be the best possible thing ever. And who could blame Bethesda if they did ignore Fallout for the time being? Skyrim was a sales smash with something in the region of 20 million games sold.
    Get schwifty.
  • Shit, that's not how lurking's meant to work.
  • That 're-master' came out soon after release.  And I recall Kow saying it didn't vastly improve things. The mod community too have far surpassed such efforts.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I'm just being facetious.

There's no way in hell there's ever going to be an official remaster. If nothing else, the number of assets involved makes it unlikely to ever be worth Bethesda's time.

I've been running it on PC with max settings and 360 and can barely tell the difference anyway.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Received my copy of Titan Books The Skyrim Library Volume I: The Histories. It's a beautifully put together tome featuring a collection of the in-game books and specially commissioned art. There are two more volumes to come later in the year.

Started playing Skyrim again a couple of weeks ago and am now completely obsessed with it all over again, so this book has arrived at just the right time.

C4B46724-DB83-473C-9E59-26617B905F46.jpg

757D3075-74C8-48C8-8760-7E00F83157E7.jpg
    Get schwifty.
  • You really owe it yourself to give Morrowind another go someday.  Either mod it with a hefty PC or jump on it with the Oldbox (which is what I did back in the day)

I mean that game's artwork really knocked Skyrim into a cocked hat.

daedric_ruin_by_lesliewifeofbath-d5hm661.jpg
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I still have the Xbox Game of the Year Edition. It does feel wrong that I haven't properly played it. One day, perhaps.
    Get schwifty.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I remember someone on the dev team saying they prefer more typical looking fantasy if only because it's much easier to design. I imagine Shivering Isles gave them some headaches.

Book looks ace. Wish they did something similar for things like MGS.
  • I'm waiting for those guys to finish porting it to the Skyrim engine.
  • Bollockoff wrote:

Book looks ace. Wish they did something similar for things like MGS.

I would love more games to have better making of stuff. Films too. Making ofs are unfortunately normally quite dull and don't dig deep.

Book looks great, if I had seen it mid Skyrim fever I would have picked it up.
  • When done well, making of docus can be really entertaining. I've really enjoyed what I've seen of the Broken Age one. An Elder Scrolls ones would need to be a lot geekier to find enough content, though.
  • Might have a look at the Broken Age one, not that I have played the game. Making Ofs might make a good thread actually.
  • It's the same guys who did the penny arcade series, so it feels a lot like that, only without the overly heavy product placement.
  • Sorry to pull this thread back from the dead, but I had a thought / question:

Do you think the next Elder Scrolls game will have 'Skyrim' in the title?

After the numbers it sold I'd imagine there'd be a lot of marketing pressure to make sure it's very clear the next game is essentially the 'next Skyrim' - but traditionally they've never done this - I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's 'Skyrim 2' or 'Skyrim: Insert Word Here'
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No chance at all.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    With any luck it'll have Elsweyr in the title.
    Get schwifty.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Enough people know Elder Scrolls is the name of the series. Bethesda did try to sue Notch afterall when he made Scrolls.
  • Despite cats being big on the Internet,  I don't think we'll be off to the 'land of the Cat People ' anytime soon. Even if the desert setting would be a perfect foil to Skyrim.  Bethesda's marketing execs would have a fit.
  • Maybe they'll do it when they integrate a really nice fur shader.
  • I could go for another jaunt around a harsh snowy environment. Only proper harsh and snowy. Not like the half arsed stab they made with Skyrim that got fixed with the mods. 

BRRRRR!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Isn't there a jungle bit where the elves are from? Either that or the imperial bit with some huge cities to explore would be my choice.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Despite cats being big on the Internet,  I don't think we'll be off to the 'land of the Cat People ' anytime soon. Even if the desert setting would be a perfect foil to Skyrim.  Bethesda's marketing execs would have a fit.

Bethesda forum know-it-alls were saying as much to me a few years ago.  No beast nations because marketing says the won't be popular with the masses.  I say that's horse shit, personally.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Imperial bit was Oblivion wasn't it?

The Wood Elf area which should have an Endor vibe or the Black Marsh would be my choice.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Wood elves are from Valenwood, I think, which is predominantly forested and the cities are built into the branches of vast trees...which move around.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yeah that one. That sounds cool.

Priority number one for me is improving the combat though.
  • I'd rather they invested time in the social and economic systems, combat is leagues ahead of those at the moment.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Improvements to AI that align with Bethesda's initial ambitions for Oblivion would be my number one want.  I fully expect to go on wanting.  With this console gen I actually expected less loading into things, but after F4 that's also looking unlikely.  It's the done thing to whinge incessantly about Bethesda's engine, and it's not something I've engaged in, but if the engine is the reason we're having to load into each and every shop or house then it really is time to build a new one.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!