Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • The Telekinesis thing levels your Alteration to 100 instantly, so it's just the setup time of having the reduce Alteration gear.
  • Go stealthy archer
    The Forum Herald™
  • I have been, but enemies aren't dying because even my stealthy shots aren't doing enough damage.

Will have to go the even more OP, Stealthy Conjurer.
  • Mod and go Unlimited Summons. My last character was like:
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Ah when you got archer enough you dropping everyone for fun there’s a power that stuns them
    And they just fall over. Till they get an arrow in the knee.

I think Skyrim 2 could be PS5 exclusive
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    I think Skyrim 2 could be PS5 exclusive

Microsoft owns Bethesda.
  • The Telekinesis exploit is ridiculous.

Character Level 43 to 90 in a few minutes.

Going to walk around in a set of gear with Destruction and Restoration cost reduced to zero.
  • This is so stupid. I can't die. Heal for free in one hand, while using anything I want in the other hand, including any destruction magic for free.
  • What is this exploit?
    The Forum Herald™
  • If you make your Alteration magic cost nothing to cast, you can start in Riften, use Telekinesis in both hands to lift an item like a bucket, then while lifting it, open the map to travel to Markarth, or somewhere else far away. The game thinks you walked across the map while constantly using the spell. Your Alteration levels to 100 instantly. Make it legendary to go back to 15. Lift the bucket. Fast travel back to Riften. Legendary, lift bucket, fast travel. Rinse and repeat.

To make the magic costs nothing, you need Enchanting 100, with all five makes enchanting better Perks, and another Perk which makes magic enchantments better.

With a filled Grand Soul Gem, you can get 25% reduction. Enchant a helmet, armour, ring, and necklace.

After doing it, because I had loads of Perks, I maxed out Enchanting Perks to let you have two enchantments on a single item. So my helmet, armour, ring, and necklace each give me 25% reduction of the cost of Restoration, and Destruction.
  • And Skyrim with AI is insane.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I've been meaning to play all the new games but I can't stop playing this. The mod campaigns are often better than the original.

This one is a doozy.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=528616722

Aside from all the new areas and cities and campaigns, the level of immersion is getting silly but can still be handled (because game old) by a mid tier PC. First you get it to look lovely and then you download a ton of animation mods and NPC mods and then you calm down and just download a mod every time you play and it all adds up. Every new campaign is slightly more immersive because you've downloaded a mod every day and the sum of all this stuff is amazing.

Just downloaded this one as the mod of the day because why not? It never ends and only gets better.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11802

• Plus it’s got
    More players on steam than Starfield
    The Forum Herald™
  • Mod of the day...Moths!

• Reminds me of this -

• Added mod of the day, Torches cast shadows.

• Wasn't that impressive at first because vanilla Skyrim at night is just blue, like those old westerns that film in the sun and put a blue filter on to pretend it's night. There's always a mod for everything and there's darker nights.

Now you need a torch to move about in the dark, as you should and it's atmospheric and spooky af.
  • I always thought that the darker nights mods didn't really work with Skyrim because there was not a lot of man-made light sources available in the wild. So you just stumbles around in the dark (but not a good way.)

Compare that to likes of Fallout 4 darker night mods, where they were man-made light sources that acted as sort of 'lighthouses' in The Wasteland - that was, like super awesome, and completely transformative gameplay wise.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Well it depends. You have to carry a torch if you've got the dark night mod enabled but I find it quite immersive in Skyrim. You can always download a lantern mod which lights the roads.
  • I think the problem was I was playing on Xbox, and maybe the light / shadow effects just aren't comparible to what's achievable on PC, when you've got the ability to tweak ini files etc. Fallout 4's engine, Creation 1.5 or whatever it was , was clearly a step up from Skyrim's on consoles, so dark night mods were definitely worth having at that point.
  • Yeah never modded Skyrim with a console so i don't know. Just doing it with PC and Nexus mods and the options are ridic. With Vortex things just work and i'm having a blast just adding a mod a day. It just seems to work out well so far and if it doesn't one mod usually sorts it out. I'm totally smitten.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!