theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Oh yes, happy birthday. I always scroll past Sticky threads so missed this.

I remember I was away at the Queen wotsit a year ago, missed the final straw landing on the camel's back, came back and everyone had chipped. Probably for the best as I'd been strongly advocating hold the line/faith. Funny how things work out.

Thanks to Petey and let's not forget Beano forming the second line of defence as well.
  • Ah my first memory of mrum was Gremill

:(

But he did add me in Live and I thus experienced my first ever online play this century - Halo 3 obvs - and haven't looked back.

Several meet-ups and a few obstacle courses (thanks Lester and Fluffy!) later, and I can't escape.
  • Before joining the MaroonRum abour 8 or 9 years ago, I'd never been a signed up regular member of any forum before and so had nothing to compare it to. All these years later, I still haven't signed up anywhere else ans still have nothing to compare it or any of its iterations to.

I think that it's an indication of either a) How unimaginative I am, or, b) How utterly incomparably fantastic you lot are that I've never felt the need or desire to throw my lot in with any other online forum community. Everything I've ever wanted from a community has always been right here.

I was skeptical that the full migration to the B&B would work but I'm glad to have been not only proved wrong, but shown that with the will and the right people that the independent state of Badgeristan can flourish in ways that the Edge sites never did.

Over the years, you lot have given me more laughs than I can count, unexpected moral and emotional support, fun by the bucket load on XBL and most importantly for me some truly great IRL friends (long live ToonStock).

GodThread bless you all and all who sail in you.

Happy Birthday!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    I hate fun.

Skerret nails my attitude toward videogames right there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Happy Birthday BrBa! Can't believe it's been a year already. Sorry I've not been as active as I used to be. Had a lot on over the past few months, but I'm getting there!
    This place has been a massive support to me over the past year. Really got me through some tough times. As with the history from Maroonrum (and briefly Blurum), I've made so many friends IRL because of the place. Love you all.

Peace and beardy love,
    Gav x
  • Well done everyone, we made it.

One year in and noone has spontaneously combusted or nothin.

Grab a hat and a party popper, cheese and pineapple is gratis but cherryade is 20p.

Seriously though this place has really become a virtual home for me. It has certainly made some tough times recently a hell of a lot easier.

Muchos love.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    BUMPS!

It doesn't need a bump, it's a sticky.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Well done to those stout fellows who took the plunge and set this up , and guided us through those little techie teething problems a few weeks ago.

Well done to all those members who make this place worth returning to on a daily basis.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Thanks to Pete and Beano, nice little internet enclave we have here. 

Can be a bit daunting when I think about how long some of you guys have been fraternising and hopefully one day I'll find the cojones to party up - on Live or at a 'Stock. 

Despite disagreeing vehemently with people on here at times, there's genuinely no-one I dislike, which is pretty impressive for any forum. Even more impressive when I think what an utter sociopath I am.
  • This place is like an abusive spouse. 
    It takes up far too much of my time. 
    I disagree with far too many people.
    I can never recall why I'm still here.

In short, I am thankful that it exists.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    @Stoph, next Londonstock May the 11th. Assuming you're anywhere near London, if not, I'm sure a bed can be found. Failing that, June 14th.

@Temps, don't make me hit you again.
  • Happy Birthday B&B.

Im new and very infrequent but have been watching you all for years.

Well done on keeping the community together, its a fun read.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    We must sacrifice the newbie to appease the great god of forums!
  • halfgone wrote:
    but have been watching you all for years.

Erm that thing with Dark Soldier, he asked me to put it there.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You were way too willing for that to be true.
  • Kow wrote:

I'm waiting. Don't make me smite you.
  • Happy Newforumbirthday! I also bestow beardy love on you all.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    I'm waiting. Don't make me smite you.

I am smitten.
  • Yay us!

From the people who I've enjoyed playing H3 with, and every other game since, or the people who i've never had the pleasure of playing with but keep the forum jolly.  You're all awesome.

*Pours round of whiskey for the forum.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    halfgone wrote:
    Happy Birthday B&B. Im new and very infrequent but have been watching you all for years. Well done on keeping the community together, its a fun read.

Hello and welcome to the forum you little voyeur, you.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm having a smoke and some cider in, erm, honour of this. GO US!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Put those down and go and answer my question in the TV thread.
  • Happy Birthday B&B. 

I don't post much but I lurk and stalk your asses every day. I joined a relatively volatile maroon room back in 2006 and never looked back. I trust your gaming, film and general life opinions probably more than my real life friends and colleagues...which is weird! 

Heres to many more.
  • I check this place more than anywhere else online.  
    I've met some people that I would have never crossed paths with IRL.
    It's changed my perception of how I view people. 
    It's educated me a fair bit on certain things,
    I'm more likely to talk about what's important to me on here than anywhere else.
    There's a wonderful sense of familiarity here that I struggle with IRL.
    I've come to give a shit about people I at first only knew by username and avatar. 
    This place makes me happy. 

Long live the Bear and Badger. 
    Thank you Petey.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just poured out the last of the Johnnie Walker Black Hulka left at mine after Halostock. It seemed fitting.

Cheers.
  • Let's not forget the casualties we've lost along the way. RIP Asuka's Gran. 

Entertaining though it was when the maroon-room was more like a virtual bar-room brawl than a viable, functioning community, this is much better really. Being civil to people and shit - who'd have thought it would've caught on?
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Respect to Petey and all you dude/dudette B & Bers.
    Things can only get better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!