HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US! TODAY WE ARE ONE YEAR OLD
‹ Previous123456710
  • How time flies. It was one year ago today when our good friend and benefactor Peter Hughes went live with his forum alternative to the EDGE BluRoom clusterfuck. 

Trouble had been brewing over at the EDGE boards since the inception of the BluRoom. As a replacement to the MaroonRoom it was a disaster. We lost a lot of great members during that year, and the oft promised changes by the management failed to materialise. Let's face it, it was a crisis, and we were lucky to survive.

I, like many had had enough of the broken promises, so when Petey spent his weekend knocking up a forum to prove it could be done, figuring by that point there was nothing to lose, I grabbed the bull by the horns and posted the following thread...

ScreenShot2012-05-01at170844_zps258a7061.png

One by one, everybody came over, sniffed around a bit, then made themselves comfortable. We had found our new home.
    And here we are, a year on. Our first Birthday. Back then no-one would have given odds on us making it this far, yet we're still here. Some have come back, many have passed through, and some have left, but always the sense of community endures.
    We've been together for eight years now. That's a lot of time together. Longer than a lot of relationships last. 

Why are we still here? Because this little community has a special place in all our hearts. Whether we care to admit it, or even realise it, we care about each other. We've grown up together, we've married and had children and watched them grow, we've lost love ones and shared the pain, we've argued for months about pagination, we've made each other laugh, and we've made each other cry, and we've had a hell of a lot of fun playing games with each other as the years have rolled by.

So today, join me and raise a glass on this special occasion

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYBODY!

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I will raise several glasses but I'd be doing that anyway.
  • None of you have yet made me cry btw, all to play for there.
  • Good man Brooks.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    None of you have yet made me cry btw, all to play for there.
    Challenge accepted.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • You've already lost.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Damaged tear ducts?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Happy birthday us :)

I remember the sinking heart just under 2 years ago, as my triumph of getting the first post on the Blurum was replaced with the horrible realization that they'd dropped a blog comments system on us and labelled it a forum. That was such a frustrating year, eking out improvements bit by bit but never quite getting there. Manually editing the URLs to view pages beyond 10? Not ideal. 

I'm very happy this place has worked out. I don't miss Edge at all.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Damaged tear ducts?

What if I learned Oro and became the better player? Or we could buy up his locality's leopard-print scarves?

g.man wrote:
    We've been together for seven years now.

Eight.

(0:55 is how it's done.)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    On my infrequent visits to RLLMUK, many of their members are exactly the same people they were 5+ years ago. It's a heavy contrast that reminds me how far most of us have come in that same time.
  • This brew, btw:

DRjqxJL.gif

Probably my favourite of the locals.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    HOOPY BRIFDAY BAERS AND BADGEARS.

YOU SO EBST.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    happy birthday everyone.
    goddamn i love this place and all you 'badgers'.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    brooks, la get on...

Dear all,

Happy 1st Birthday

Safe!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Mike was a miserable fecker, wasn't he. His silly attitude walk at 2:50's my memory of that vid.
  • Happy Birthday.

its nice to have people like you guys around.
    I only found this place by accident. So many names I remembered from the maroonum I decided to stick around.
    Like the last episode of the littlest hobo really.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Ahh so that's what you guys mean by blurum.

I'd share my war stories about the forum I jumped ship from, which had somewhat of a similar origin to this, minus any links to any publication.

But then they might find me.

Happy birthday.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Well done badgers; keep up the good work. 

Cheers. *chink*
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Happy Birthday all!

Special toast to Petey for saving us all.
  • Massive thank you to Petey.

It took me ages to build up the courage to join the old EDGE forum and then actually post. I'm pleased I made the effort, but after the debacle of the EDGE relaunch, I wouldn't have had a clue where to go next. So, being able to keep in touch with (virtually) everyone still, has been fantastic.

Happy birthday Bear & Badger!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • props. and love.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Happy birthday B&B! I may of not brought a lot to the table over the last 7 or 8 years, but you lot have made this place & the other homes one of the only places I visit on the 'net.  So cheers to the B&B massive, you are all great!  

*raises glass*

3 cheers & 1 for luck thrown Petey's way.  Legend sir.
  • Happy Birthday all.  Many thanks to Pete.

Also, I now want to see the last episode of Littlest Hobo.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Mike was a miserable fecker, wasn't he. His silly attitude walk at 2:50's my memory of that vid.
    Pengilly mooching in the background at 1:25, stinking the place up.
  • Bum.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • My favourite Hutchence is still:

Wobbly twat.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Happy Birthday all, here's to the next eight years.

And a special hug to Petey and Beano for their hard work making this all possible.

<3
  • Happy birthday everyone! Tho I may not post on here enough I read all your ramblings everyday and love every bit of it. 
    Here's to the future...10 MORE YEARS!! Etc etc.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I forgot to thank krs for letting us use her forum. Thanks, krs, you're the bestest.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Praise krs supreme leader.
‹ Previous123456710

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!