Thread of the Ped
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What was a 14 year old doing at a party in Spacey's apartment? I assume the party did not involve cakes, buns, Atari and balloon modelling.

If Spacey misbehaved then he needs to face the law but what the fuck was the young lad doing there?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Spacey’s misdemeanours have been an open secret in the theatre biz for years tbh.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    What was a 14 year old doing at a party in Spacey's apartment? I assume the party did not involve cakes, buns, Atari and balloon modelling. If Spacey misbehaved then he needs to face the law but what the fuck was the young lad doing there?

I'm pretty sure that's not the tack we should be taking at all. I mean I was out trying to get served at fourteen (my very weak moustache may have helped!), but I didn't anticipate getting felt up by old men as a side effect.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You were in a pub. Were you accepting invitations "back to my place" from 27 year old men?

Nothing mitigates the crime by the way. No judge should lessen any punishment. 

But that would offer no comfort to me if my daughter was raped. I'd rather be a bit pro-active about this. Kids need to be educated on how to stay safe. We teach them how to cross the road, We advise them to avoid being alone out at night and avoid unlit areas. We are now trying to teach them to stay safe online. A teen going to a party with a 27 year old is a risk I would advise my daughters not to take.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But what I'm saying is kids, certainly back in my day, were trying to get drinks underage and that would've been pubs and parties. I just don't think thats an excuse. Thinking of an analogy, is the reason for rape was that she was wearing a short skirt? You can't put the blame on the victim, imo.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Spacey’s misdemeanours have been an open secret in the theatre biz for years tbh.

And the internet. I read about Spacey and Brian Singer years ago, I assumed everyone knew.
  • davyK wrote:
    What was a 14 year old doing at a party in Spacey's apartment? I assume the party did not involve cakes, buns, Atari and balloon modelling. If Spacey misbehaved then he needs to face the law but what the fuck was the young lad doing there?

He's been acting since he was 9. Him and Spacey were in separate productions that were on at the same time and met at a post show function, where Spacey invited him and a friend to a nightclub. He was invited to a party at Spacey's apartment a few days later This was not considered unusual - most actors on Broadway are adults, but the child actors still mix with them.

Of course sexually assaulting someone is unusual.
  • monkey wrote:
    Dish the dirt then.

http://defamer.gawker.com/the-great-big-bryan-singer-sex-party-mailbag-1564764188

I mean, it could all be bollocks but it was out there years ago.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    But what I'm saying is kids, certainly back in my day, were trying to get drinks underage and that would've been pubs and parties. I just don't think thats an excuse. Thinking of an analogy, is the reason for rape was that she was wearing a short skirt? You can't put the blame on the victim, imo.

Not saying that. The book should be thrown at anyone who takes advantage - no matter what the age or the length of the skirt. Not a day should be retracted for any reason. I thought I had made that clear.
    davyK wrote:
    If Spacey misbehaved then he needs to face the law
    davyK wrote:
    Nothing mitigates the crime by the way. No judge should lessen any punishment.  But that would offer no comfort to me if my daughter was raped.

A nonce locked up after the event would be no comfort to me if it happened to one of mine.

That's all I'm saying. There's a real problem at the minute in the media with anyone who expresses a similar opinion. We owe it to ourselves and to our kids to do our best and stay safe from any crime. We need to realise that criminals and predators are out there and then behave appropriately. Everyone has a responsibility to themselves. These people need to be dealt with but howling about it afterwards won't take it back. And with something as heinous as a sexual crime the damage can be permanent.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    Kevin Spacey? Say it ain't soze.
  • Tier 1.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm not particularly surprised that he's gay. However I thought he was a classier act than what he appears to be.
  • "Yuo cant trust them woofters around kids innit"
  • Before I start, I’d like to stress that I don’t know the details of the Spacey thing, and this is not a response to the Spacey thing directly, but more to some of the comments on here.

There is no excuse for sexual assault. That much is obvious. However, when there is a legal/moral issue in relation to the age of the victim, the circumstances can be an excuse for that factor.

A real world example; I’m aware of a chap who was charged with a sexual assault. He was kissing the victim, she was consenting, but when he tried to step things up a gear she said no, and he carried on regardless. The victim was fifteen, but the incident took place after they met in a nightclub. When it came to the trial, it was held that it was reasonable for him to assume that she was of age, given where they met. He was convicted of a sexual assault, rightly so, but he was not convicted of an offence against a minor. That does strike me as sensible.
  • Agreed. If a person reasonably presents themself as being of age, their partner generally shouldn’t be found guilty of sex with a minor.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think the continental model of age difference should be applied in those cases. I'm of the belief that it already is, albeit discretionarally (likely not a word), in courts. If I'm 22 and I pull a 15-17 year old is one thing, but if I'm 32 it's quite clear that even if I claim to think she's 19 then I'm engaging in some weird probably predatory shit. I say this having spent a year or so shagging 19-21 year olds after turning 30, it wasn't about love (or even good sex) it was an ego boost fuelled by the societal norms telling me that younger and slimmer was better
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Too-young haircuts will not be treated discretionally.

I do find it a bit depressing that I now consider women under 30 yoots.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Before I start, I’d like to stress that I don’t know the details of the Spacey thing, and this is not a response to the Spacey thing directly, but more to some of the comments on here. There is no excuse for sexual assault. That much is obvious. However, when there is a legal/moral issue in relation to the age of the victim, the circumstances can be an excuse for that factor. A real world example; I’m aware of a chap who was charged with a sexual assault. He was kissing the victim, she was consenting, but when he tried to step things up a gear she said no, and he carried on regardless. The victim was fifteen, but the incident took place after they met in a nightclub. When it came to the trial, it was held that it was reasonable for him to assume that she was of age, given where they met. He was convicted of a sexual assault, rightly so, but he was not convicted of an offence against a minor. That does strike me as sensible.

It's tricky. Context and all related facts are everything. The perceived wisdom of judges can be compromised by human frailties too.

Tricky.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    It's tricky.

Tricky.

Tricky!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    To rock a rhyme that's right on time?
  • No to pick an artist/musiciam/actor that you liked growing up that is not either dead or a sexual predator.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    No to pick an artist/musiciam/actor that you liked growing up that is not either dead or a sexual predator.

I remember when I was a kid my Dad stating that the whole of Hollywood was gay or sex mechanics apart from Bob Hope. Maybe he was right after all.
  • "sex mechanics" :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Wasn't that a song by Duran Duran?
  • "...they're all bummers, Son."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Wasn't that a song by Duran Duran?
    Nah title track off Sex and the Mechanics debut.

I wasn't there that morning
    When Kev Spacey turned out gay
    To distract from accusations
    That he'd gone and dooone a raaaape
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Did anyone not know Kevin Spacey was gay? I mean, I know he only officially came out with this news, but a few of my friends were 'woooah, he's gay?'. I thought it was well known for ages.
  • Yeah, I was surprised by the number of articles referencing the fact that he “came out”.

Like...really?
  • I hear Graham Norton's gonna come out next.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!